Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Appraisals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Appraisals

Hey guys,

Might I suggest creating a Appraisals sub forum as part as the Classifieds area.

This is something that I have seen and used at other forums and I thought it was great. I always have a hard time pricing things and this is a way to get the price figured out without getting into a buy/sell/trade situation.

I am currently looking to sell a old rig. I have been wanting a upgrade but I don't know what my rig is worth. Maybe just a guideline or thoughts of how people come to the price conclusion? I don't want to ask to much, also don't want to give it away.

Rules that I have seen...

Please read and understand these rules before posting in the Appraisal Section.

1. To post in this section you must have xx# rep points. As many appraisal threads have evolved into sale threads in the past, only members who are eligible to post in the For Sale / Wanted Section are eligible to post in the Appraisal Section.

2. Items may not be sold in this section. If you decide to sell your item(s), start thread(s) in the For Sale Section.

3. Be specific with the item(s) you post. Post as if you are selling the item.

4. All thread titles must start with "Appraisal: " or "Appraisals: ". Threads that do not follow this naming convention will be deleted.

5. When you are satisfied with the appraisals received, add Completed to your title.

6. Wait a minimum of 24 hours between bumps. Excessive bumping will result in a thread being closed.

7. Thread bashing will result in warnings. Please provide whatever information you have to share as objectively as possible. If you think an item would sell for a higher or lower price than someone else has suggested, provide evidence (e.g. links) to support your position. This includes providing ridiculously low appraisal prices.

8. If you observe posts that do not follow these rules, report the post by clicking on the "Report post" button. Appropriate action will be taken by one of the moderators. Please do not post negative comments or quote rules in the threads as that only takes the threads further off topic. Any complaint threads will be deleted, and the creator of the thread will be warned.

9. Appraisals are solely the opinions of members and are not the responsibility of XXXXX.com

Thanks for your consideration.

Nick
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #2

Default Re: Appraisals

I see endless issues with that idea.

One being we do not have the said "rep point system", nor do I think we ever would.

Secondly, and even in their own rules it's obviously a known issue that the "appraisals" apparently quickly turn into sale threads, and I can easily see that happening and being and endless issue.

I guess I would say to do what most everyone does and do a little research.
Type your item in google and do some reading.
Type your item in eBay and check some bids
Type your item in this forums classifieds and other forums classifieds and see what things are selling for
Lots of places to look for the same or similar items

Unless you have the Goose's rare Golden Egg, a similar item even if not the identical one should get you close to a value to sell for.

You say you don't want to ask too much....
Then match or go less then the closest similar item you find

You say you don't want to give it away.....
Sometimes if items have no actual value beyond a sentimental attachment or having originally overpaid for it, then it's best to just keep it and enjoy looking at it.

If its overpriced it will simply receive no interest or responses

If its underpriced and you gave another member a good deal.... What's the harm in that?

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
RCC Addict

ask what you want for it, or feel that you need to get out of it. rc stuff will never have "guideline" resale value to go by.

this stuff is only worth what the next guy will give for it, you just have to hope there is a guy out there that thinks it's worth what you want for it when the times comes that you want to part with it

just my $0.02
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Appraisals

I base my prices off of the classifieds, eBay, and craigslist. Some people think I'm cheap, some think I'm fair, some think I'm high... The trick is trying to be fair while getting a fair price, and not getting offended or trying to offend.

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 12-30-2013 at 09:41 PM.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScaleAddict View Post
I base my prices off of the classifieds, eBay, and craigslist. Some people think I'm cheap, some think I'm fair, some think I'm high... The trick is trying to be fair while getting a fair price, and not getting offended or trying to offend.
and with you actually running a business, you have to make some profit, which I think people are and would be more understanding in.

a lot of people don't even consider what it cost to ship stuff, especially like a whole rig. spending $20-$30+ on shipping eats into your prifit quick, no matter who you are.

BTW, was great dealing with ya, will definitely be visting your site more frequent as I need stuff!

Last edited by FATBOYrs10; 12-30-2013 at 09:54 PM.
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
RCC Addict

...or $40.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
RCC Addict

no worries just a suggestion... I don't think anything is a flawless system. If you guys see no worth then that is fine, I do and that is why I suggested it. I very rarely sell or buy used but when I do I am clueless and I think that is why, don't have a ton of experience in it.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepernick View Post
no worries just a suggestion... I don't think anything is a flawless system. If you guys see no worth then that is fine, I do and that is why I suggested it. I very rarely sell or buy used but when I do I am clueless and I think that is why, don't have a ton of experience in it.

Thanks
If you're ever unsure, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'd gladly help you out.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
RCC Addict

PM sent