Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Print entire thread.....with pictures?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Print entire thread.....with pictures?

I know in the Thread Tool drop down there's an option for Print View. But the "problem" with that is the pictures in the thread are not presented. They are listed as links.

Is there anyway I can print an entire thread with the pictures embedded? A lot of the build or mod threads are useless without the pics.

I like to have paper on the workbench instead of a laptop.
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 07:14 AM   #2

Default Re: Print entire thread.....with pictures?

You could always take a screen shot of each pages text & images and the just go to your photo album and print the picture of each page

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #3
20K Club

If you have the ability to print to PDF then that option works well. However you will have to do each page individually.

Screen captures don't work very well because of how long the pages get, especially with lots of pictures.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
If you have the ability to print to PDF then that option works well. However you will have to do each page individually.

Screen captures don't work very well because of how long the pages get, especially with lots of pictures.
Josh, can you elaborate a bit, maybe a how to. I am not the best with the putor but just tried and I don't see that option anywhere in the print pop up, looked all thru the tabs and nothing related to PDF. Maybe it is my machine, I will try Tuesday when I am back at work. I know I have printed PDF files from home that where sent to me, maybe I am missing something.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Josh, can you elaborate a bit, maybe a how to. I am not the best with the putor but just tried and I don't see that option anywhere in the print pop up, looked all thru the tabs and nothing related to PDF. Maybe it is my machine, I will try Tuesday when I am back at work. I know I have printed PDF files from home that where sent to me, maybe I am missing something.
You will need a plug-in that will allow you to create PDF's. Most everyone has the ability to open and read PDF's but not everyone can create them.

I am at work right now and can't search Download.com but I am sure there is a free PDF creater on there that will allow you to do so. I'll try and find a link and post one up if you can't find one.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ah, why didn't I think of that! Much better but the pictures get cut on the right side. I tried it again but in landscape hoping to fit the entire picture but no dice. You get more of the picture but it still gets cut.

I'm going to play around some more and maybe I can find some "scale to fit" parameter.

Hotwheels: google CutePDF (it's free). It's a print driver. Install it and it shows up as a "printer" on your system. Print to it and it will create a final PDF doc for your. As Josh said, there are many variants of these print drivers out there.
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
~THE SCALE SHOP~

X2 on CutePDF we use that here at work for years.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmeow View Post
Ah, why didn't I think of that! Much better but the pictures get cut on the right side. I tried it again but in landscape hoping to fit the entire picture but no dice. You get more of the picture but it still gets cut.

I'm going to play around some more and maybe I can find some "scale to fit" parameter.

Hotwheels: google CutePDF (it's free). It's a print driver. Install it and it shows up as a "printer" on your system. Print to it and it will create a final PDF doc for your. As Josh said, there are many variants of these print drivers out there.
Try adjusting the zoom on your browser or the resolution of your monitor to fit the pictures better. This will likely fix your issues.

Print entire thread.....with pictures? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do you put pictures on to a thread? pobrockcrawler Newbie General 3 03-20-2012 12:07 PM
KOH pictures and video thread!! Mr Glassman Chit Chat 27 02-23-2010 05:58 PM
need help on how to put pictures in a new thread colin1986 Newbie General 5 08-12-2009 08:52 PM
new project thread with pictures...FINALLY nylintmaxx Traxxas Crawlers 6 01-03-2009 04:59 PM
How do I my get pictures on a thread?? PIMPNROCKS Chit Chat 2 11-18-2007 01:46 PM