Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: For sale rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default For sale rules

U guys ever thought of doing a dibs rules type system? This no posting replies and having to wait for pms is kinda dumb IMO. Never know if something is sold yet or not and by the time u get a reply the next similar item has come and gone as well.
severed701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: For sale rules

Most of us go by the way of who ever pms first, some people know each other and text them insted of pming
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Looks like this section has met it one post per month about the Classifieds section. Thanks for keeping the average going!
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #4
RCC Addict

The way it works now is fine.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed701 View Post
U guys ever thought of doing a dibs rules type system? This no posting replies and having to wait for pms is kinda dumb IMO. Never know if something is sold yet or not and by the time u get a reply the next similar item has come and gone as well.
This system has worked well and no replies keeps the system moving smoothly. It is the buyers choice to deal with whoever they want, I may skip past someone if I don't want to deal with them for some reason. How is a reply to a PM any different than waiting for a reply to a post?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
It is the buyers choice to deal with whoever they want, I may skip past someone if I don't want to deal with them for some reason.

Huh, that's why you never answer...

GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #7
Suck it up!

Quote:
U guys ever thought of doing a dibs rules type system?
That works until you start getting people claiming dibs on things they won't have money for until next payday and then getting pissed because the buyer wouldn't hold it for them.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I guess im just used to the way it works on bmxmuseum.com , almost everything I try buy on here is "just sold" after waiting a day for a reply, had I saw someone call dibs on it in thread I would know its probably not available anymore.rules of payment timeframe and what not are usually layed out in the for sale post and if said dibber doesn't follow through or pay til payday, that person usually is not dealt with anymore and thus prevents people from doing so. going by the "whoever pmd first" is kinda a joke, the seller can sell to whoever they want that way, which is totally fine. but it makes waiting for the reply shitty for the person who is waiting on that reply to buy an item. but hey carry on if it works well for the rcc clique. it was just an idea
Old 03-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
That works until you start getting people claiming dibs on things they won't have money for until next payday and then getting pissed because the buyer wouldn't hold it for them.

its generally understood that you don't do that unless you have okayed that with the seller before hand. If you don't pay withing a reasonable time it goes to the 2nd dibber. solves that issue quite handily and no one is waiting for a pm reply they might never even get back.....
Old 03-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Sellers on here will let you know if you are second in line and the first guy is payment pending. If it falls through, he will tell you its yours.

First come, first serve. Believe me, everyone of us has kicked themselves for missing a deal.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
Sellers on here will let you know if you are second in line and the first guy is payment pending. If it falls through, he will tell you its yours.

First come, first serve. Believe me, everyone of us has kicked themselves for missing a deal.
Hmm, guess I have yet to try buy from those sellers
Old 03-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I can clearly see that I am better off on eBay or Craigslist , my money is good there
Old 03-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
I can clearly see that I am better off on eBay or Craigslist , my money is good there
Well with that attitude you probably are......
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Just search often... stuff comes and goes fast. And it doesn't hurt to PM some one. Unless they are a d!ck they should be up front with you. I always am about who's in line.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #15
RCC Addict

As stated above though, I've kicked myself for missing deals or being the second or third or 10th in line( but that's just how it works. Ya win some ya lose some. 98% of the people on here will answer and say " your #xx in line " or sorry already sold or " pending funds " etc OR it's still avail.
I don't think it's at much of the " hey I'm gonna sell it to my buddy before I sell to this newbie" as you think..

Have I sent someone a PM and never got a reply? Yes... A couple days ago to be exactly honest... Do I wish they would have at least replied and said " sold" or whatever ? YES, but I didn't get butt hurt over it, I just moved on with life...

Most members try their best to update post quickly and edit when it's sold..
Some don't , which does suck sometimes, but...it happens...
It's not like it's the last item in the world, another will pop up eventually...

If your in a hurry and want a guaranteed buy, go
To eBay....

It's nothin to get your panties in a wad about.
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #16

If you log on and decide to reply an inquiry of purchase to an existing sale thread you take your chances that someone was quicker on the switch and wanted it more then you and put in the work to get it.

Work to get it you say?

Basically if you want to scoop up on some of the RCC-licious deals in the for sale section, grab yourself a frosty beverage and some snacky cakes and set by your computer screen open to the for sale section and randomly hit the refresh button in wait for the next time I moderate the most recently submitted sale threads.

When you are lucky enough to be refreshing screens when I let loose of the next tasty fresh steaming batch of sale threads, you then best be fast finger Freddy and shoot off a PM to the sellers with your offer to purchase.

Couple tips for thereafter...
Don't lowball the seller too badly on a brandy new sale thread.
You might just get ignored.

Be ready with your Paypal and pay THEN, not the next day or in the morning etc....
If you are online then, you obviously have access to pay then.... Get-er-Done!

Overall ... If you want to scoop on a great deal here on RCC, you need to put forth a little extra effort beyond "calling dibs"

Quote:

If that attitude carries through when dealing with a potential seller....

Yes, I agree ... you might very well be better dealing on egay and scammerlist

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:48 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
When you are lucky enough to be refreshing screens when I let loose of the next tasty fresh steaming batch of sale threads, you then best be fast finger Freddy and shoot off a PM to the sellers with your offer to purchase.

Pretty much what I do when I'm looking for something cool.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Enter your bid war.
With 6.8 posts per year you don't stand a chance of buying much here.You can't just pop in here and there and expect someone to wait on you to see what you want or need.
hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #19
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsonoma View Post
Enter your bid war.
With 6.8 posts per year you don't stand a chance of buying much here.You can't just pop in here and there and expect someone to wait on you to see what you want or need.
Said by someone who screwed people, was stripped of your ability to sell to people, then comes back under a second name. Still not certain why it skated without being banned.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:51 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote

For sale rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
for sale rules WAM Comments, Suggestions, and Help 4 02-23-2013 08:15 PM
for sale rules nstn8 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 57 08-09-2012 11:37 AM
for sale rules??? shaunleger1 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 3 02-18-2010 08:27 PM