Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: have a "posting #" problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question have a "posting #" problem

hey, i've been a member since 2004 and i've noticed for a while that when i post something it does not add on to the # of post i do. if you view my profile i have over 40 post. i've never really cared about it intill now since i can't view the forsale section. please help me out!
rockbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Yea...

i posted a couple of genuine feedback posts earlier, and whoever is the mod today is holding them back from adding up to my total number of posts, unless the site is doing it on an automatic level, either way it's annoying whne i'm making a genuine post, not trying to "pad" them......at the rate i'm going, it'll ad up about the same time with 30 days and 30 posts...if not tampered with........:neutral: and i think i'm being VERRRY understanding in my posts to rc4wd, but they are trying my patience in a great way...
fatboysracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbuggy
hey, i've been a member since 2004 and i've noticed for a while that when i post something it does not add on to the # of post i do. if you view my profile i have over 40 post. i've never really cared about it intill now since i can't view the forsale section. please help me out!
I counted 27 posts of yours in chit chat. Chit chat posts do not count toward your post count.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
Chit chat posts do not count toward your post count.
i was just gonna post that
JRmudmanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
I counted 27 posts of yours in chit chat. Chit chat posts do not count toward your post count.

padding posts huh?
sleek6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

that's lame that chit chat post don't count! well at least i know why my post do not add up. thanks!

also, i've been a member for so long now they that they should let me see the for sale section. I think that members that have been on the site for more than one year should be able to view the for sale adds. but rules are rules. i'll just have to live with it.

dumb scammers they have to ruin it for everyone.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #7
MODERATOR™

Quote:
that's lame that chit chat post don't count!
Actually it's not lame. Go look around in there and see how many posts are lame. Why should those count?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

bogus....
Old 12-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #9
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboysracing
bogus....
and yer point is........
Old 12-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Default What's my point?....

My point is, you guys left one of my feedback post alone and let it count towards my total, but the two i made yesterday that were entirely genuine, have not been allowed to count! I can see you throwing my post asking about who won the chassis into chit chat(although i see several posts in the same area from people who have been here awhile in the same light that get to stay).. i just think it's bogus tactics.....that's all....:neutral:

and yeah, i did buy a pimp cane from run2jeepn, and a hyperion from holmes hobbies, and the p.c. showed up on saturday when i said it did and i really do love the thing, it's a monster!!!

Last edited by fatboysracing; 12-19-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
My point is, you guys left one of my feedback post alone and let it count towards my total, but the two i made yesterday that were entirely genuine, have not been allowed to count! I can see you throwing my post asking about who won the chassis into chit chat(although i see several posts in the same area from people who have been here awhile in the same light that get to stay).. i just think it's bogus tactics.....that's all....:neutral:

and yeah, i did buy a pimp cane from run2jeepn, and a hyperion from holmes hobbies, and the p.c. showed up on saturday when i said it did and i really do love the thing, it's a monster!!!
Our mods have nothing to do with your posts not counting in the feedback forums, it is 100% automated by the forums. There are certain forums that just don't count posts, deal with it.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

okay, so how come i can't see them if they're there? i've looked... i realize there are alot of posts hitting the feedback forum, but i can't even see them unless i look under my profile at my posts....
Old 12-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
also, i've been a member for so long now they that they should let me see the for sale section. I think that members that have been on the site for more than one year should be able to view the for sale adds. but rules are rules. i'll just have to live with it.
if you've been here so long why havent you paid for membership yet?
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #14
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
okay, so how come i can't see them if they're there? i've looked... i realize there are alot of posts hitting the feedback forum, but i can't even see them unless i look under my profile at my posts....
For some reason your two posts needed to be moderated (approved), so I approved them.

I am not sure why the feedback section is requiring new posts to be moderated but I will look into that.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Default cool

thanks
Old 12-19-2006, 10:11 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel
if you've been here so long why havent you paid for membership yet?
so if i pay for the membership i will be able to view and post in the for sale section?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
so if i pay for the membership i will be able to view and post in the for sale section?
as soon as you meet the 30 post minimum!
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy
as soon as you meet the 30 post minimum!
well as long as i contribute two post a day i'll be there in no time.

thanks for all the help guys! i guess i'm like ever other human, "i don't really care for changes."
Old 12-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I think you will be OK...
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:49 PM   #20
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:

Some of us moderators had asked about your feedback posts the day you mentioned it. Jason and Badger just had not given an answer.

Believe it or not, we are not out to get you and are not trying to inconvience you. Sure sometimes posts that should be moved don't get moved right away or at all. This is a pretty busy place, half the time I spend here is just going through all the giveaway threads looking for people with no stars entering or people entering twice. Most of the rest of the time is spent reading threads I don't have any interest in, looking for problems.

I get very little time on this site spent looking at cool build threads or giving friends a hard time. The last thing on our mind is coming up with "bogus tactics" to make it hard for you to reach 30 posts.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 12-20-2006 at 01:51 PM.