Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: How to notify Yeti XL owners of a defective HD gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2016, 01:27 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default How to notify Yeti XL owners of a defective HD gear

Hi guys,

I've been talking to Axial for 4 months about the (Defective) HD Gears. My fact findings, video and emails were distributed to Scott (Axial) and Harley (Vanquish) as well as a mirage of threads on RRC warning XL owners of HD Gears.. They cost me 450+$ in 7 weeks.. I LOVE my XL and I'm not hating on Axial I just wanted to save the XL owners money and headaches.. Also save Axial the reputational shakedown by knowingly selling RTR now with the HD gears... I was desperate to get the word out so I lured Harley BACK into the issue.. I contacted him on RRC 1-9-2016 about the issue..He acknowledged that he was ALREADY aware of the issue but remained silent afterwards ...no response to my messages or emails...and I JUST bought a Vanquish axle that wouldn't even turn by hand with the HD gears installed... Fairly disgruntled after a FEW months of stonewalling...That's why I lured him in so he could REACH OUT to HIS followers...including ME... and he could explain as a creditable resource that THERE IS A ISSUE...differences aside I still think Harley is a nice guy and has a finical responsibility for his action..silence seams safest for him after all he supports a family too..
I've made a valiant effort trying to help out by making a DIY pinion mod video, testing over 60+ 6s runs breaking tons of (other parts) reinforcing that my mod IS A MUST.. showing updates at 20,40,55+ runs and spending hours answering questions and warding off assholes ... I've even had RRC members send me the gears to mod because they didn't have the skills or resources.. FOR FREE EVERYTIME.. as well as posting free mods for XL owners and sending out free templates..

I'm just looking for help to (If possible) to warn the XL owners that IT WILL BREAK AND THE PARTS ARE SOLD OUT DUE TO OBSOLESCENCE !!!

I NOW completely understand if you wont make a stand ...money makes the world go round...

Thank-you for your time

Josh Scott
BHB

This is the HD GEAR MOD
https://youtu.be/gv1KU4J6V4w

After 40+ runs
https://youtu.be/St4tw_9VUec

After 60 runs FF 3:57 for PROOF
https://youtu.be/rBUbqu81PeU

thanks again
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: How to notify Yeti XL owners of a defective HD gear

Ever hear "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."? How about "You can make a youtube PSA but you can't make people watch it.".

Not sure why you're trying to force Harley into the frey...he doesn't work for Axial.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:53 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I just wanted Harley to help notify the XL community.. I KNOW I defiantly got out of line, but my intent was to make sure people didn't go through what I went through $$$.. Harley was staying silent about the defect wile Scott Kerkes was denying the issue and couple RRC members were bagging on me for trying to help?? Which led to me being a disgruntled asshole..
I still think Harley's a great guy and a HUGE asset to RRC !!! He's man enough to respond to my questions on his youtube page which generates a great deal of respect to me.. Sorry for the hate and discontent that I briefly caused.. Back to happier days !!

I feel like I met my mission objective..
~ I supplied FREE HD pinion mods to the RRC community...
~ I Contacted Dhawk explained the defect and suggested a solution which lead to his V2 of his Bulkhead,
~ I contacted GPM 2 months ago / last week they came out with a NEW HD gear set that needs NO MOD
~ almost 6,000 bashers have reviewed my HD thread and 5,000 on my youtube page
~other bashers made members on URC aware of the issue..
~AND MADE IT POSSIBLE TO BASH WITH 6S WITH NO (DIFF) WORRIES
Old 04-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #4

I can only guess you mean to write "RCC" for RCCrawler?

Not sure where or what "RRC" is that you keep referring to
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Lol Insomnia is getting the best of me !! God that makes me feel like a fn tool ! RCC....RCC..RCC.rcc I think I've got it now Joe lol

How to notify Yeti XL owners of a defective HD gear - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
water yeti.. calling all yeti owners going2fast Axial Yeti 11 11-02-2014 05:43 PM
Defective DX6i recall!!!!! Allan42 Electronics 3 03-11-2009 05:09 AM
defective bushwacker?? TOYUTAH Paint and Body 17 03-10-2007 01:44 PM