RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   Image size rules? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/582624-image-size-rules.html)

whitrzac 04-03-2017 08:58 AM

Re: Image size rules?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 5691282)
No. The forum rules about picture size covers the entire forum.

How about you use the report post button when you see something wrong? You can be a helpful set of eyes so I don't have to babysit this place any more than I want to?

Like I said, to sit around all day monitoring each and every stinking post is a waste of time to me.

I would much prefer that the rule be updated to the modern standards that most 3rd party image hosting sites default to. "thumbsup"

EeePee 04-03-2017 09:12 AM

I'd prefer a lot of things to happen here but it doesn't.

Do you really think the few us want to delete pictures or let the software do it?

whitrzac 04-03-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 5691291)
I'd prefer a lot of things to happen here but it doesn't.

Do you really think the few us want to delete pictures or let the software do it?

Updating the software costs $$$$. Changing the rules doesn't:)

THX_138 04-03-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5691241)
I can take picture and upload it directly to photbucket from my phone. Photobucket automatically resizes them to 1024x768.
if you take the time like many do, you can change the setting in your photobucket and be done with all future issues with a one time correction

To resize for the fs/ft section:

take picture youre seriously going to count taking a picture as a complaint in ways of a step to post pictures on a forum?
Taking a picture is something you would be doing no matter what the size is

Find USB cableagain... you count finding your cord as a step??? Really?????
Finding your USB cable that most normal people have hanging from device anyhow is something you'd do for a picture no matter what the size is

transfer to computeronce again.... you are complaining about the size of an image on the forum but you're using an activity that you would be doing no matter what size the image is/was.
You're also using a common personal activity as a complaint in ways of steps used to post a correctly sized image to a forum that you've already agreed to post 800x600 or smaller images when you clicked "I AGREE" to the rules when registering an account??
Transferring image is something you'd be doing no matter what the size is

resize on computerOK... resize on computer... that's a legit special step if you're choosing to not set your photobucket at the correct size once in the beginning

save 2nd copy that is smalleragain searching for calling something a "step"..... you're already in a screen that you used to correct the size ... all you need to do in that same screen is click "SAVE" before you change screens and you are complaining the click on the word save is a troublesome step for you???

upload both to photobucket. OK, another BS step,.... you'd already be uploading an image to photobucket no matter the size

]

So in a nutshell it's a whopping two steps? And not seven?
But if you correct the size on your camera or even the size in your photobucket, it's NO extra steps???? Huh, imagine that.

But better then that... if you buy a star and help support the forum, it will take the whole process down to a single step if you make the effort to one time correct the image size on your camera, you will then already have the correct sized image in your devices photo album and your ONE click to load an image here will be all you need.

I can't believe life has come so automated with society that things like this get broken down to steps and complained about.

EeePee's post was as simple as it gets.

If you can't see what oversized images do to a forum after his post, I doubt you'll ever get it.

But the most important thing to take from this...
the larger size simply isn't going to happen because you want it to.
At best we could all hope the admins would activate the auto-resize feature on the forum.

The option you have to reduce your tiresome steps in life posting correct pictures here is to send PMs to Badger and Jason the admins and complain to them about your issue with posting images within their rule parameters.

You're beating a dead horse here, contact either or both of them by PM.
That should get you instant action."thumbsup"

THX_138 04-03-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5691271)
I'm still waiting for a reason as to why 1024x768 is OK everywhere except the FS/FT section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5691263)
And most of the pictures on the site are already the larger size. No one complains about pictures that are 1024x768.

The FS/FT section is the only one that is moderated for 1024x768 pictures.

If they're going to be allowed elseware, they should be allowed in the FS/FT section.

Completely incorrect

There's only a couple moderators left here that actually do any work so it makes available time to do EVERYTHING a bit tough.

When I have extra time and reading threads for personal enjoyment, I DO correct the size of as many oversized images as time allows in sections other then the classifieds. If you were to look you'd see my "edit" at the bottoms.

Other then that, I correct images by complaints that come in.
Even then the amount of complaints that come in to me personally about oversized images is overwhelming and tough to keep up with.

Honestly, my moderating in general is a complaint action situation anyhow.
When a thread/post is being moderated by myself it's because I've been requested or complaints have rolled in.
I have much better things to do then patrol the forum looking for things to do and people's posts to find things wrong with.
The forum is close to 100,000 registered members strong (over 92,000 to be more accurate)
But it receives a general daily 24 hour traffic of an average of 20,000 people
With an average 2,000-3,000 active members at any given moment, sometimes with numbers up in the 5,000's!!!

So with that and only a few mods left to keep up with the moments activity with helping people do whatever they're having trouble with, mediating between adults bickering like children, moving endless threads to correct sections, removing the endless spam to keep the forum readable and with some semblance of interest without garbage clogging it up, etc... etc... etc... and then add on my plate the running of the classifieds sections, doesn't leave much time in a day.

None of this is done setting in a cubical at a RCCcrawler office somewhere.
It's all done with stolen moments from our daily jobs, time in the car while traveling, more stolen moments from our family time, while enjoying a few minutes of a favorite tv program or movie, sitting on the crapper, even every moment during the night when stirring to roll over or sleepless nights, all to start again with morning coffee in one hand and between bites of breakfast with the other..... the cycle continues.

Hence the reason 99% of my moderating is done completely in response to requests for help or response to complaints received.
Members that get their threads moderated sometimes complain to me that "I am picking on them" and usually add in that Johnny, or Billy or bobby are doing the same thing wrong.
Again, TIME IN A DAY!
As EeePee told you... utilize the "REPORT" function. Or even better, drop a PM to me personally to remain completely anonymous!

All of my moderation is done in response to complaints I see or receive personally.
I do not go looking for things to do.

mikemcE 04-03-2017 10:08 AM

Image size rules?

Fawking blind or stupid ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5691277)
Because they are not going to change anything if they wanted to.
Post the right size or go to that other forum
And it's still not ok

Hang up and Drive

Last line is the important one, just because I have the wrong size posted, doesn't mean that it's OK.....

My pics in the FS were removed because I did it wrong, left up when I resized following rules.

Hang up and Drive

whitrzac 04-03-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5691319)
Fawking blind or stupid ?

Last line is the important one, just because I have the wrong size posted, doesn't mean that it's OK.....

My pics in the FS were removed because I did it wrong, left up when I resized following rules.

Hang up and Drive

Your sitting on your high horse and non of your pictures follow the rules.

EeePee 04-03-2017 02:19 PM

I want to do two things right now. Throw this piece of shit Apple Airport Express disconnecting constantly piece of $99 shit out the window, and tell you guys enough already…

whitrzac 04-03-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 5691449)
I want to do two things right now. Throw this piece of shit Apple Airport Express disconnecting constantly piece of $99 shit out the window, and tell you guys enough already…

Have you tried restarting it? 3 times? :lmao:

If it's near other things that get warm, move it away. Some of the modern routers can get fairly warm and cause issues.

mikemcE 04-03-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5691445)
Your sitting on your high horse and non of your pictures follow the rules.

Wrong o ...... but still not OK Lucy !

Hang up and Drive

whitrzac 04-03-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5691457)
Wrong o ...... but still not OK Lucy !

Hang up and Drive

All of the pictures you posted are 1024x768. Please show me how I'm wrong.

mikemcE 04-03-2017 02:34 PM

Image size rules?

Picture Police !

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...04fbe03a53.jpg

Hang up and Drive

C*H*U*D 04-03-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitrzac (Post 5691460)
All of the pictures you posted are 1024x768. Please show me how I'm wrong.

If you see his pictures as 1024X768 than he is wrong. If you post pictures that are 1024X768, you are as well.

If you see a violation, use the report button and help a mod out. Don't think that a violation makes it ok for you to do the same.

These are the rules we all agreed to when we signed up:

Posting pics
Read this post if you want to post pictures. Click Here
Pics should be no more than 800 pixels wide x 600 pixels tall to keep upload times of the pages reasonable.
Pictures (including avatars) should not be sexually suggestive or have any nudity.

It really can't be made more clear.

EeePee 04-03-2017 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 357518

Anyone want to tell this guy?

mikemcE 04-03-2017 07:33 PM

Image size rules?

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 5691493)
If you see his pictures as 1024X768 than he is wrong. If you post pictures that are 1024X768, you are as well.

If you see a violation, use the report button and help a mod out. Don't think that a violation makes it ok for you to do the same.

It really can't be made more clear.

I get it and DID post wrong sizes, please don't report me to the pixel police , I could lose my photoshop access....

Here you go , mini sized!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9ab1886322.jpg

Hang up and Drive

Cordwood 04-15-2017 08:24 AM

Is there a setting somewhere in photobucket to adjust the size of the pics? I don't see it.

whitrzac 04-15-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cordwood (Post 5696904)
Is there a setting somewhere in photobucket to adjust the size of the pics? I don't see it.

There is, but it doesn't work. :x