Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Username change?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2019, 02:11 AM   #1

Default Username change?

Getting back into the hobby after 10 years. Any chance an Admin could change my name? Made this account in college lol. Now I work in admin in a strict IT department so it'd be awkward to have someone see me browsing with this particular name while I'm at work.
sully420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2019, 06:59 AM   #2

Default Re: Username change?

You made this name years ago, but you don't have any posts?

Good luck getting the attention of an admin these days. They only seem to show up to take care of spam...
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
You made this name years ago, but you don't have any posts?

Good luck getting the attention of an admin these days. They only seem to show up to take care of spam...
I made this account 1-5-2009 so literally a decade ago and I totally had posts but you're right they aren't showing up under my profile. They might have gone through a forum back end change or something.

I built a sweet little Losi Mini Rock Crawler with the help of this forum and bought a bunch of custom parts for it on here. I just dusted it off and now I'm shopping for a 1:10 scale to go with it. But yeah, just didn't want to be browsing with this username that I thought was funny when I was a freshman in college.

You happen to know the username of any of the Admins? I can try PMing them. Hate to ask on here but is this even still the go-to forum for RC crawlers or is there a more active alternative now?
Old 01-04-2019, 06:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully420 View Post
I made this account 1-5-2009 so literally a decade ago and I totally had posts but you're right they aren't showing up under my profile. They might have gone through a forum back end change or something.

I built a sweet little Losi Mini Rock Crawler with the help of this forum and bought a bunch of custom parts for it on here. I just dusted it off and now I'm shopping for a 1:10 scale to go with it. But yeah, just didn't want to be browsing with this username that I thought was funny when I was a freshman in college.

You happen to know the username of any of the Admins? I can try PMing them. Hate to ask on here but is this even still the go-to forum for RC crawlers or is there a more active alternative now?
This is the most active crawler forum as far as I know. A lot of people have moved to Facebook groups, but those are atrocious. Yes, I use them, but I prefer to come here.

I don't know if anybody besides Brandon has the ability to change usernames. You could also try badhoopty. He seems to be the most active admin/mod on this site. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/members/badhoopty-42.htm
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I must just be getting too old but I would think that most bosses would be more concerned with the content that you are browsing while on the clock as opposed to your user-name on a particular forum... especially a hobby-related forum at that I really don't think that I'd sweat it.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I must just be getting too old but I would think that most bosses would be more concerned with the content that you are browsing while on the clock as opposed to your user-name on a particular forum... especially a hobby-related forum at that I really don't think that I'd sweat it.
Not sure if you work in IT or not but probably half of my hours spent at work are in an on-call while at work capacity. As long as I'm not needed for some escalated ticket and nothing is on fire then I can do what I want online, just can't leave my desk in case something comes up. Don't get me wrong, I spend much of that time learning or even teaching with my co-workers but for the other half of my hours the literal fate of our business rests on the shoulders of myself and those co-workers so blowing off steam on forums and reddit is part of the culture. Anything passing through the corporate internet connection is monitored though, sometimes actively and sometimes passively.

I do live in the south though so anyone over 50 still thinks pot is the devil's weed or whatever. I don't even smoke, or drink for that matter, anymore so I'd love to change this silly name. It's actually a common request on most forums. This one just doesn't seem to have an active admin.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully420 View Post
It's actually a common request on most forums. This one just doesn't seem to have an active admin.

As a moderator of a Jeep forum, I'm well aware. Some forums ( regardless of admin interaction) have no issue with name changes. Others frown on it. Not sure how it's handled here on RCC. Good luck and hope you get it resolved one way or another.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Username change? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Username Change Shaun Comments, Suggestions, and Help 19 03-20-2016 10:32 PM
Yet Another, I would like to Change my Username Chiphead Comments, Suggestions, and Help 3 04-12-2012 08:38 AM
username change Daddydancool Comments, Suggestions, and Help 2 03-10-2012 05:27 AM
Can I change my username ID? electric_revo Comments, Suggestions, and Help 13 05-20-2009 09:43 AM
I want to change my username :( badger Chit Chat 62 08-10-2008 05:14 PM