RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   Star purchase (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/611175-star-purchase.html)

distinctive pd 08-23-2019 10:13 AM

Star purchase

How is life after a star purchase? Was thinking about getting 1 finally after being a member for years.

I tried emailing admins. and searching but no luck. So....

My biggest question is:

i don’t understand photo hosting and all that, I used to do quite a few build threads every year and would just copy and paste pics from another website ( cause it was easy) but once I purchase a star can I simply just post pics directly from my IPhone? Or does this place still require you to host photos from another source like photobucket, Imgur, etc...??

Thanx in advance, dp

Topher Builds 08-23-2019 11:03 AM

Re: Star purchase

Quote:

Originally Posted by distinctive pd (Post 5957904)
How is life after a star purchase? Was thinking about getting 1 finally after being a member for years.

My biggest question is:

i don’t understand photo hosting and all that, I used to do quite a few build threads every year and would just copy and paste pics from another website ( cause it was easy) but once I purchase a star can I simply just post pics directly from my IPhone? Or does this place still require you to host photos from another source like photobucket, Imgur, etc...??

Thanx in advance, dp

You can add them as attachments. "thumbsup"

Natedog 09-10-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distinctive pd (Post 5957904)

It's good, helps support a very useful site, I like having mine. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 5957916)
You can add them as attachments. "thumbsup"

Yes!

odomandr 09-10-2019 01:41 PM

Still waiting to see that home page updated from 2017 before I can justify paying for a site that does not update or engage with the community..... I will gladly pay again when it either disappears or gets updated. In the mean time the admin has already made changes the community did not want to regain lost revenue... I want more features not less

Topher Builds 09-11-2019 08:22 PM

hey it ain’t all bad. They created some needed new sub forums, allowed a few of us name changes, for sale section runs clean, they’re listening. Being able to attach images is handy, too.

HumboldtEF 09-11-2019 08:33 PM

Its also been made fairly clear that the site's owner is pretty hands off at this point.

As for the home page and all of the other blog and review stuff, I see these as something this site just doesnt do anymore.

It would be nice if the reigns were passed along, there are few who can post in those sections an of those I think very few are active if at all.

Robbob 09-12-2019 06:00 AM

Politics aside with the whole owners not involved thing, a green star gos along way towards a site thats actually dedicated to a corner of the hobby.

Forums are as good as the users make it, owners in reality arent the sole makers for a good forum. Some people just need a finger to point at what they call the decline of RCC. Interaction gos farther then just scrolling.

If you use Tapatalk on your phone then you can host photos through that to the forum. If you use the web browser on it then you can attach them with the 'Manage Attachments'. And of course theres always the ones like you said with Photobucket, Imgdur or even Flicker using their direct links.

Does a green star get you lollipops and adult things? No.

Is one central spot with over 14 years of real tech, build threads, a family community and cool pictures to look at worth 20$ a year? A lot easier (and safer at times) to get an answer here then listen to 100 comments from people thinking they know more then everyone some where else. ;-)

1BadJeepBruiser 09-12-2019 09:42 AM

I am doing the best I can with what I am equipped with... I would love to update the home page however that isnt something I have the access to do. it is on my to due list as things progress forward.

Anyone who decides to support the site just know that I, regardless of that fact that I have no personally owned stake in the site, appreciate it very much so... RCC is still a wealth of information and is a huge part of the history of our hobby.

If anyone has questions or concerns please feel free to PM me.

-Mike

QuesoDelDiablo 09-12-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbob (Post 5961751)
A lot easier (and safer at times) to get an answer here then listen to 100 comments from people thinking they know more then everyone some where else. ;-)

And here you get good, real, usable answers. Not just the pig-headed opinion of some douche-nozzle that thinks every rig needs a 5000mAh 100C battery and Integy parts are upgrades..

This thread reminds, it's time buy a star again.

Natedog 09-12-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odomandr (Post 5961386)
Still waiting to see that home page updated from 2017 before I can justify paying for a site that does not update or engage with the community..... I will gladly pay again when it either disappears or gets updated. In the mean time the admin has already made changes the community did not want to regain lost revenue... I want more features not less

You can't have everything for nothing, nothing is free, it's all paid for somehow by somebody in the end. I try to stay positive while pointing out the negative...please help improve it for everyone. HOsting, electricity, servers, admin's time, yada yada all costs money. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 5961681)
hey it ain’t all bad. They created some needed new sub forums, allowed a few of us name changes, for sale section runs clean, they’re listening. Being able to attach images is handy, too.

Precisely. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5961683)
Its also been made fairly clear that the site's owner is pretty hands off at this point.

As for the home page and all of the other blog and review stuff, I see these as something this site just doesnt do anymore.

It would be nice if the reigns were passed along, there are few who can post in those sections an of those I think very few are active if at all.

"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbob (Post 5961751)
Politics aside with the whole owners not involved thing, a green star gos along way towards a site thats actually dedicated to a corner of the hobby.

Forums are as good as the users make it, owners in reality arent the sole makers for a good forum. Some people just need a finger to point at what they call the decline of RCC. Interaction gos farther then just scrolling.

If you use Tapatalk on your phone then you can host photos through that to the forum. If you use the web browser on it then you can attach them with the 'Manage Attachments'. And of course theres always the ones like you said with Photobucket, Imgdur or even Flicker using their direct links.

Does a green star get you lollipops and adult things? No.

Is one central spot with over 14 years of real tech, build threads, a family community and cool pictures to look at worth 20$ a year? A lot easier (and safer at times) to get an answer here then listen to 100 comments from people thinking they know more then everyone some where else. ;-)

X2 "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 5961825)
I am doing the best I can with what I am equipped with... I would love to update the home page however that isnt something I have the access to do. it is on my to due list as things progress forward.

Anyone who decides to support the site just know that I, regardless of that fact that I have no personally owned stake in the site, appreciate it very much so... RCC is still a wealth of information and is a huge part of the history of our hobby.

If anyone has questions or concerns please feel free to PM me.

-Mike

Much appreciated sir, I understand how much time this takes! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo (Post 5961827)
And here you get good, real, usable answers. Not just the pig-headed opinion of some douche-nozzle that thinks every rig needs a 5000mAh 100C battery and Integy parts are upgrades..

This thread reminds, it's time buy a star again.

"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

62PYRO 10-26-2019 05:20 PM

I have not let my star expire since I originally got one 13-14 years ago.
These sites can't run without some form of income and,I knew I'd be back eventually. I've always felt the perks were more than worth the (small) expense."thumbsup"

indybama 10-26-2019 06:20 PM

Ive been here for almost 2 yrs n ive learned soooo much from everybody here, n its much appreciated knowledge might i add. I bought a star within 2 days of becoming a member. Like was mentioned above, nothins free. I dont mind payin $20 a yr. How many other forums do u see thats family oriented? Yeah, theres some good forums, but nothin like RCC.

So in my opinion, buy a star, its well worth it

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

distinctive pd 10-29-2019 10:00 AM

Sounds great fellas thanx for the feedback. I was just more concerned with the ability to upload pics more than anything. I used to put up a lot of build threads and they were wiped from another site where I hosted them. It kinda deflated my interest in the whole deal like many others losing years of pics because of the dreaded photof&$@et.

Sounds like I’ll def be purchasing a star

Thanx again!

Natedog 11-01-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62PYRO (Post 5973082)
I have not let my star expire since I originally got one 13-14 years ago.
These sites can't run without some form of income and,I knew I'd be back eventually. I've always felt the perks were more than worth the (small) expense."thumbsup"

Haven't let mine lapse since I bought it several years ago either agreed. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by indybama (Post 5973094)
Ive been here for almost 2 yrs n ive learned soooo much from everybody here, n its much appreciated knowledge might i add. I bought a star within 2 days of becoming a member. Like was mentioned above, nothins free. I dont mind payin $20 a yr. How many other forums do u see thats family oriented? Yeah, theres some good forums, but nothin like RCC.

So in my opinion, buy a star, its well worth it

X2 "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by distinctive pd (Post 5973612)
Sounds great fellas thanx for the feedback. I was just more concerned with the ability to upload pics more than anything. I used to put up a lot of build threads and they were wiped from another site where I hosted them. It kinda deflated my interest in the whole deal like many others losing years of pics because of the dreaded photof&$@et.

Sounds like I’ll def be purchasing a star

Thanx again!

Yep, had same photo host mess up everything, fixed a lot of it. "thumbsup"