Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help
Loading

Notices

Thread: Star purchase

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 629
Default Star purchase

How is life after a star purchase? Was thinking about getting 1 finally after being a member for years.

I tried emailing admins. and searching but no luck. So....

My biggest question is:

i donít understand photo hosting and all that, I used to do quite a few build threads every year and would just copy and paste pics from another website ( cause it was easy) but once I purchase a star can I simply just post pics directly from my IPhone? Or does this place still require you to host photos from another source like photobucket, Imgur, etc...??

Thanx in advance, dp
distinctive pd is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2019, 12:03 PM   #2
Formerly Pant Danza
 
Topher Builds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,341
Default Re: Star purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
How is life after a star purchase? Was thinking about getting 1 finally after being a member for years.

I tried emailing admins. and searching but no luck. So....

My biggest question is:

i donít understand photo hosting and all that, I used to do quite a few build threads every year and would just copy and paste pics from another website ( cause it was easy) but once I purchase a star can I simply just post pics directly from my IPhone? Or does this place still require you to host photos from another source like photobucket, Imgur, etc...??

Thanx in advance, dp
You can add them as attachments.
Topher Builds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #3
MEOW
 
Natedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wackifornia
Posts: 11,726
Default Re: Star purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
How is life after a star purchase? Was thinking about getting 1 finally after being a member for years.

I tried emailing admins. and searching but no luck. So....
It's good, helps support a very useful site, I like having mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
You can add them as attachments.
Yes!
Natedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: US
Posts: 397
Default Re: Star purchase

Still waiting to see that home page updated from 2017 before I can justify paying for a site that does not update or engage with the community..... I will gladly pay again when it either disappears or gets updated. In the mean time the admin has already made changes the community did not want to regain lost revenue... I want more features not less
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #5
Formerly Pant Danza
 
Topher Builds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,341
Default Re: Star purchase

hey it ainít all bad. They created some needed new sub forums, allowed a few of us name changes, for sale section runs clean, theyíre listening. Being able to attach images is handy, too.
Topher Builds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #6
Tiny Truck Hoarder
 
HumboldtEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Humboldt county
Posts: 2,259
Default Re: Star purchase

Its also been made fairly clear that the site's owner is pretty hands off at this point.

As for the home page and all of the other blog and review stuff, I see these as something this site just doesnt do anymore.

It would be nice if the reigns were passed along, there are few who can post in those sections an of those I think very few are active if at all.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 09-11-2019 at 09:39 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:00 AM   #7
Custom Carbon Fiber
 
Robbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Connecticut :(
Posts: 4,424
Default Re: Star purchase

Politics aside with the whole owners not involved thing, a green star gos along way towards a site thats actually dedicated to a corner of the hobby.

Forums are as good as the users make it, owners in reality arent the sole makers for a good forum. Some people just need a finger to point at what they call the decline of RCC. Interaction gos farther then just scrolling.

If you use Tapatalk on your phone then you can host photos through that to the forum. If you use the web browser on it then you can attach them with the 'Manage Attachments'. And of course theres always the ones like you said with Photobucket, Imgdur or even Flicker using their direct links.

Does a green star get you lollipops and adult things? No.

Is one central spot with over 14 years of real tech, build threads, a family community and cool pictures to look at worth 20$ a year? A lot easier (and safer at times) to get an answer here then listen to 100 comments from people thinking they know more then everyone some where else.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #8
Mikes RC World
 
1BadJeepBruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Land of NO 4wheeling toyota cwarlers or drag racing sortafast chevelles
Posts: 8,783
Default Re: Star purchase

I am doing the best I can with what I am equipped with... I would love to update the home page however that isnt something I have the access to do. it is on my to due list as things progress forward.


Anyone who decides to support the site just know that I, regardless of that fact that I have no personally owned stake in the site, appreciate it very much so... RCC is still a wealth of information and is a huge part of the history of our hobby.


If anyone has questions or concerns please feel free to PM me.


-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #9
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Kelowna, BC Canada
Posts: 825
Default Re: Star purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
A lot easier (and safer at times) to get an answer here then listen to 100 comments from people thinking they know more then everyone some where else.
And here you get good, real, usable answers. Not just the pig-headed opinion of some douche-nozzle that thinks every rig needs a 5000mAh 100C battery and Integy parts are upgrades..

This thread reminds, it's time buy a star again.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:25 PM   #10
MEOW
 
Natedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wackifornia
Posts: 11,726
Default Re: Star purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
Still waiting to see that home page updated from 2017 before I can justify paying for a site that does not update or engage with the community..... I will gladly pay again when it either disappears or gets updated. In the mean time the admin has already made changes the community did not want to regain lost revenue... I want more features not less
You can't have everything for nothing, nothing is free, it's all paid for somehow by somebody in the end. I try to stay positive while pointing out the negative...please help improve it for everyone. HOsting, electricity, servers, admin's time, yada yada all costs money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
hey it ainít all bad. They created some needed new sub forums, allowed a few of us name changes, for sale section runs clean, theyíre listening. Being able to attach images is handy, too.
Precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Its also been made fairly clear that the site's owner is pretty hands off at this point.

As for the home page and all of the other blog and review stuff, I see these as something this site just doesnt do anymore.

It would be nice if the reigns were passed along, there are few who can post in those sections an of those I think very few are active if at all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Politics aside with the whole owners not involved thing, a green star gos along way towards a site thats actually dedicated to a corner of the hobby.

Forums are as good as the users make it, owners in reality arent the sole makers for a good forum. Some people just need a finger to point at what they call the decline of RCC. Interaction gos farther then just scrolling.

If you use Tapatalk on your phone then you can host photos through that to the forum. If you use the web browser on it then you can attach them with the 'Manage Attachments'. And of course theres always the ones like you said with Photobucket, Imgdur or even Flicker using their direct links.

Does a green star get you lollipops and adult things? No.

Is one central spot with over 14 years of real tech, build threads, a family community and cool pictures to look at worth 20$ a year? A lot easier (and safer at times) to get an answer here then listen to 100 comments from people thinking they know more then everyone some where else.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I am doing the best I can with what I am equipped with... I would love to update the home page however that isnt something I have the access to do. it is on my to due list as things progress forward.

Anyone who decides to support the site just know that I, regardless of that fact that I have no personally owned stake in the site, appreciate it very much so... RCC is still a wealth of information and is a huge part of the history of our hobby.

If anyone has questions or concerns please feel free to PM me.

-Mike
Much appreciated sir, I understand how much time this takes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
And here you get good, real, usable answers. Not just the pig-headed opinion of some douche-nozzle that thinks every rig needs a 5000mAh 100C battery and Integy parts are upgrades..

This thread reminds, it's time buy a star again.
Natedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #11
# 929
 
62PYRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gresham
Posts: 4,396
Default Re: Star purchase

I have not let my star expire since I originally got one 13-14 years ago.
These sites can't run without some form of income and,I knew I'd be back eventually. I've always felt the perks were more than worth the (small) expense.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #12
Rock Crawler
 
indybama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: US
Posts: 888
Default Re: Star purchase

Ive been here for almost 2 yrs n ive learned soooo much from everybody here, n its much appreciated knowledge might i add. I bought a star within 2 days of becoming a member. Like was mentioned above, nothins free. I dont mind payin $20 a yr. How many other forums do u see thats family oriented? Yeah, theres some good forums, but nothin like RCC.

So in my opinion, buy a star, its well worth it

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:00 AM   #13
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 629
Default Re: Star purchase

Sounds great fellas thanx for the feedback. I was just more concerned with the ability to upload pics more than anything. I used to put up a lot of build threads and they were wiped from another site where I hosted them. It kinda deflated my interest in the whole deal like many others losing years of pics because of the dreaded photof&$@et.

Sounds like Iíll def be purchasing a star

Thanx again!
distinctive pd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:05 PM   #14
MEOW
 
Natedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wackifornia
Posts: 11,726
Default Re: Star purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
I have not let my star expire since I originally got one 13-14 years ago.
These sites can't run without some form of income and,I knew I'd be back eventually. I've always felt the perks were more than worth the (small) expense.
Haven't let mine lapse since I bought it several years ago either agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Ive been here for almost 2 yrs n ive learned soooo much from everybody here, n its much appreciated knowledge might i add. I bought a star within 2 days of becoming a member. Like was mentioned above, nothins free. I dont mind payin $20 a yr. How many other forums do u see thats family oriented? Yeah, theres some good forums, but nothin like RCC.

So in my opinion, buy a star, its well worth it
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
Sounds great fellas thanx for the feedback. I was just more concerned with the ability to upload pics more than anything. I used to put up a lot of build threads and they were wiped from another site where I hosted them. It kinda deflated my interest in the whole deal like many others losing years of pics because of the dreaded photof&$@et.

Sounds like Iíll def be purchasing a star

Thanx again!
Yep, had same photo host mess up everything, fixed a lot of it.
Natedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Star purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC STAR 660 6x6 / BŁOTO, LAS i STAR / Mud RC off-road Rasalo Scale Videos! 4 11-26-2012 03:08 PM
Merry Christmas Green Star Giveaway #1 (non star members only) jason Chit Chat 59 01-22-2010 12:09 PM
Where's The F@#$%^& Star Purchase Page?! tyerfryersc Chit Chat 9 01-02-2010 12:04 AM
Merry Christmas Green Star Giveaway #2 (no star needed) jason Chit Chat 23 12-27-2009 07:41 AM
Happy Birthday RCC, Green Star Giveaway!**No star needed to enter jason General Crawlers 86 01-20-2009 06:46 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com