Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: RCC links not allowed on facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2020, 11:20 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RCC links not allowed on facebook

It's happened to me more than once, try to share a link on facebook and it gets flagged and will not let me post. It gives me a warning that the link "goes against community standards."

I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that the site is not a secured site. Every browser I have tried to open RCC I have to do extra steps to connect because it's not secure.

Is there a fix for this or something that can be done?
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2020, 12:54 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RCC links not allowed on facebook

What are you using to get on those sites, ie: laptop, appel, samsung. As far as yout facespace issue, i have no clue!
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:12 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by struhall View Post
Is there a fix for this or something that can be done?
Nope...FB sucks ...its that simple
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:05 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Facebook recently wouldn't let me share a link to rcc in messenger....
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:30 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Nope...FB sucks ...its that simple

Well, one might argue that this ancient version of vBulletin forum software sucks. Every other forum I use that used to use this platform has upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:39 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
What are you using to get on those sites, ie: laptop, appel, samsung. As far as yout facespace issue, i have no clue!
I'm on an Android phone and it happens using Chrome and Brave browsers. I haven't logged in from an actual computer in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
Facebook recently wouldn't let me share a link to rcc in messenger....
I haven't tried to send a link in messenger, I'll have to see what it does.
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:16 AM   #7

Nope. Some theorize it's because it's not a secure website, but I am betting it's just because the controlling scumbags at Facebook don't want any forum links that may take away from FB groups.

I take the RCC URL and past it into a URL shortening page and then share that link. Although I will say last time I did that it was still eventually removed by FB.

Here are some link shortening services:

https://bitly.com/
https://tinyurl.com/
https://hootsuite.com/pages/owly
https://www.shorturl.at/
https://www.rebrandly.com/
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:43 AM   #8
Custom Carbon Fiber

Ive been looking around about this the last few weeks - its something FB does just by their algorithms and what not.

It could have been reported by someone (with no life) or it was their coding picked up the website being promoted on their site too much. ITs def not because the sites not secure, I tested those waters with a couple of my sites and FB didnt care.

John or Jason have to go on FB and see if they can find out why its blocked or email them about getting the site put back on the whitelist. Its not just RCC, its happening to a lot of sites for no reasons except FB's bots are too aggressive.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #9
RCC Addict

This is just one more reason I rarely visit fakebook anymore.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:29 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I'd venture this has to do with the way certain ads are displayed along with the content of some of the ads, which I'd consider inappropriate.

Why I see so many lingerie ads on a RC site is beyond me, I never get those ads anywhere else, there is nothing in my search history or browsing behavior that would indicate I should see them, yet they were the only ads I saw here until I started removing those specific ads. If I use a browser session with no cookies/history/etc, they are the predominate ad shown.

I've noticed on mobile that some of the ads take up the whole screen when you click through to different threads, you have to exit out of it to see the thread. I would think it's possible their algorithms determine that the site violates their guidelines due to that behavior, where links direct users to fullscreen ads instead first instead of the content of the thread. Depending on how 'dumb' their bots are, they could see that as spam.
Shinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
I'd venture this has to do with the way certain ads are displayed along with the content of some of the ads, which I'd consider inappropriate.

Why I see so many lingerie ads on a RC site is beyond me, I never get those ads anywhere else, there is nothing in my search history or browsing behavior that would indicate I should see them, yet they were the only ads I saw here until I started removing those specific ads. If I use a browser session with no cookies/history/etc, they are the predominate ad shown.

I've noticed on mobile that some of the ads take up the whole screen when you click through to different threads, you have to exit out of it to see the thread. I would think it's possible their algorithms determine that the site violates their guidelines due to that behavior, where links direct users to fullscreen ads instead first instead of the content of the thread. Depending on how 'dumb' their bots are, they could see that as spam.
I've never seen a lingerie ad on RC Crawler. And the crap on Facebook is way worse than anything I've seen on here. They have no standards on Facebook other than no nudity.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:58 AM   #12
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I've never seen a lingerie ad on RC Crawler. And the crap on Facebook is way worse than anything I've seen on here. They have no standards on Facebook other than no nudity.
Your browser history must be pretty clean lol ....

But Shinook makes a good point, the adsense thats on here now is def aggressive towards questionable click bait. Its not lingerie but 5 links rc related, one thats fabrication related and another for Sexy Girls ...... lol
Attached Images

Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:10 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I suspect it has less to do with the clickbait/boob ads and more the behavior of the site, which directs you to a full page ad you have to click through to view the thread (I've only experienced this on mobile).

It's possible their bot is too dumb to recognize the 'X' in the UI you have to click to get past the ad and their bot crawled one of the submitted links, determining it was spam based on the first thing it presents being a full page ad. TBH, the first time I encountered it, I thought I had been redirected by a bad ad, it took a little while for me to realize I had to go around the ad in the UI.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Your browser history must be pretty clean lol ....

But Shinook makes a good point, the adsense thats on here now is def aggressive towards questionable click bait. Its not lingerie but 5 links rc related, one thats fabrication related and another for Sexy Girls ...... lol
Oh yeah I have seen the occasional bikini or two. Never lingerie that I remember. Bikinis are harmless. You'll see them on any beach. I still think that the people complaining have a "dirtier" browsing device than they care to admit.

These are the only ads I'm seeing on my phone at the moment. Not a single T or A in sight. I'm also not sure why they think I'd be dumb enough to buy a Dodge.

Old 05-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I still think that the people complaining have a "dirtier" browsing device than they care to admit.
I'd admit it if that was the case, but it definitely isn't for me.

It's probably more likely that AdChoices has more of a profile on what you are interested in and others are shown more randomized selections.

I tried this on a few virtual machines I don't use for browsing, have no logins on, etc, so it wouldn't have any profile on my activity. One saw repetitive lingerie ads, another the clickbait bikini ads, another for trucker legal services. The trends across maybe 10-15 refreshes on them all were the same, I'd see mostly the same ad and, in some cases, the exact same one.

Since filtering the lingerie ads on my main browser, all I see is RC stuff there now.

RCC links not allowed on facebook - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FUNNIER than allowed vn1500 Chit Chat 9 03-06-2012 06:05 PM
No Blondes allowed chip cross Chit Chat 11 06-17-2010 08:01 PM
So if dig is allowed..... Deezul General Crawlers 55 11-09-2009 09:28 PM