RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   Just joined (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/629539-just-joined.html)

BLUEKNIGHT 06-20-2022 07:52 PM

Just joined

This may be my first and last post ..... My server just informed me that this SITE - IS NOT SECURE ...... can any adminstrator enlighten me as to WHY this so ????? ..... Thank you BLUEKNIGHT

ferp420 06-20-2022 10:11 PM

Re: Just joined

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT (Post 6118393)
This may be my first and last post ..... My server just informed me that this SITE - IS NOT SECURE ...... can any adminstrator enlighten me as to WHY this so ????? ..... Thank you BLUEKNIGHT

user error!! maybe ??

just a heads up theres no admin here its a free fer all you really got to piss some one off for a mod to step in

but since your not comin back anyway what differance dose it make enjoy

smog 06-21-2022 08:42 AM

Haha, ferp.

I have been on this board for a number of years. For lack of technical expertise on the subject, let’s just say it operates on a dated platform. That said I have never had any issues to indicate it is unsafe....unless you are terrified of horrible grammar... Hope you choose to stick around, this place has it all after all...

ferp420 06-26-2022 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smog (Post 6118423)
Haha, ferp.

I have been on this board for a number of years. For lack of technical expertise on the subject, let’s just say it operates on a dated platform. That said I have never had any issues to indicate it is unsafe....unless you are terrified of horrible grammar... Hope you choose to stick around, this place has it all after all...

ya those grammers are a bunch of little punks

they sit on there computer all day playing video grames then complain about me actually going out side and shooting real guns or driving real cars

there just jellouse they cant play in real life like they do in there stupid video grames

the kicker is those grammers couldent even drive a car or.shoot a gun or crush candy or.what ever they do in video games these days if they actually had the chance to in real life

i hate grammers

tigris99 06-26-2022 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT (Post 6118393)

Dude nothing is secure, if you're on the internet then nothing you say or do is secure.

That's said I access this site all the time with 0 security warnings. And my son is in cyber security. Chances are it's a bad setting on your server flagging things unsafe that are perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

ferp420 06-26-2022 12:42 PM

if i understand it right the security certificate dosent load right usualy happens with out of date web browsers but it could also be because of the security settings on older systems
i get it alot on my pc that still runs windows 2000 almost every site trips the site not secure warning
i chock it up to the hundreads of trackers on every site
i use a tracking blocker called ghostery its a addon in firefox as a bonus i dont get the adds that are a huge problem on this site

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigris99 (Post 6118684)
Dude nothing is secure, if you're on the internet then nothing you say or do is secure.

^this is the truth^

high plains drifter 06-26-2022 07:07 PM

What the OP is referring to is this:

"HTTPS-Only Mode Alert

Secure Site Not Available

You’ve enabled HTTPS-Only Mode for enhanced security, and a HTTPS version of RCCrawler.com is not available.

What could be causing this?

Most likely, the website simply does not support HTTPS.

It’s also possible that an attacker is involved.

If you decide to visit the website, you should not enter any sensitive information like passwords, emails, or credit card details.If you continue, HTTPS-Only Mode will be turned off temporarily for this site."

*** This alert may not show up for everyone but depending on your browser/ security settings, it may. And he's correct that this is due to the security software/ updates for this site being woefully out of date. And depending on someone's security settings, then yes... coming to this site could indeed pose more of a security risk than other sites.

So he's not exactly being unreasonable regarding his concerns and everyone should at least understand the inherent vulnerability of logging onto a site like this. I'm not saying that some other suggestions or comments here aren't valid but again... I do understand his concern.