Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Just joined

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2022, 07:52 PM   #1

Default Just joined

This may be my first and last post ..... My server just informed me that this SITE - IS NOT SECURE ...... can any adminstrator enlighten me as to WHY this so ????? ..... Thank you BLUEKNIGHT
BLUEKNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2022, 10:11 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Just joined

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT View Post
This may be my first and last post ..... My server just informed me that this SITE - IS NOT SECURE ...... can any adminstrator enlighten me as to WHY this so ????? ..... Thank you BLUEKNIGHT
user error!! maybe ??

just a heads up theres no admin here its a free fer all you really got to piss some one off for a mod to step in

but since your not comin back anyway what differance dose it make enjoy
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:42 AM   #3
Slow is the new Fast

Haha, ferp.

I have been on this board for a number of years. For lack of technical expertise on the subject, let’s just say it operates on a dated platform. That said I have never had any issues to indicate it is unsafe....unless you are terrified of horrible grammar... Hope you choose to stick around, this place has it all after all...
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:16 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Haha, ferp.

I have been on this board for a number of years. For lack of technical expertise on the subject, let’s just say it operates on a dated platform. That said I have never had any issues to indicate it is unsafe....unless you are terrified of horrible grammar... Hope you choose to stick around, this place has it all after all...

ya those grammers are a bunch of little punks

they sit on there computer all day playing video grames then complain about me actually going out side and shooting real guns or driving real cars

there just jellouse they cant play in real life like they do in there stupid video grames

the kicker is those grammers couldent even drive a car or.shoot a gun or crush candy or.what ever they do in video games these days if they actually had the chance to in real life

i hate grammers
Old 06-26-2022, 07:29 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT View Post
Dude nothing is secure, if you're on the internet then nothing you say or do is secure.

That's said I access this site all the time with 0 security warnings. And my son is in cyber security. Chances are it's a bad setting on your server flagging things unsafe that are perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:42 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

if i understand it right the security certificate dosent load right usualy happens with out of date web browsers but it could also be because of the security settings on older systems
i get it alot on my pc that still runs windows 2000 almost every site trips the site not secure warning
i chock it up to the hundreads of trackers on every site
i use a tracking blocker called ghostery its a addon in firefox as a bonus i dont get the adds that are a huge problem on this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Dude nothing is secure, if you're on the internet then nothing you say or do is secure.
^this is the truth^

Last edited by ferp420; 06-26-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:07 PM   #7
RCC Addict

What the OP is referring to is this:

"HTTPS-Only Mode Alert

Secure Site Not Available

You’ve enabled HTTPS-Only Mode for enhanced security, and a HTTPS version of RCCrawler.com is not available.

What could be causing this?

Most likely, the website simply does not support HTTPS.

It’s also possible that an attacker is involved.

If you decide to visit the website, you should not enter any sensitive information like passwords, emails, or credit card details.If you continue, HTTPS-Only Mode will be turned off temporarily for this site."

*** This alert may not show up for everyone but depending on your browser/ security settings, it may. And he's correct that this is due to the security software/ updates for this site being woefully out of date. And depending on someone's security settings, then yes... coming to this site could indeed pose more of a security risk than other sites.

So he's not exactly being unreasonable regarding his concerns and everyone should at least understand the inherent vulnerability of logging onto a site like this. I'm not saying that some other suggestions or comments here aren't valid but again... I do understand his concern.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Just joined - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joined the club. Ricochet Axial SCX10 II 1 01-19-2017 03:37 PM
Joined the TH Club, New.... Tyr-Sog Vaterra Twin Hammers 5 12-27-2015 06:25 AM
just joined rccrawler gkosterscx10 Newbie General 4 12-01-2012 10:49 PM
just joined littleyj New Hampshire 6 04-04-2010 06:53 AM
Joined the Club LeDevil HPI Wheely King 19 03-08-2010 09:38 PM