Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Paid my Subscription but it Did Not Renew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2023, 09:15 PM   #1
Slow is the new Fast

Default Paid my Subscription but it Did Not Renew

Noticed earlier today my green star and avi pic had disappeared off page so I paid to renew. Unfortunately it did not go through on the site. Still no benefits popping up. Anyone else have this happen recently?

Edit: It's the next day. Checked paypal, payment did send but still no membership.

Last edited by smog; 05-11-2023 at 07:21 AM.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2023, 08:29 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Paid my Subscription but it Did Not Renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Noticed earlier today my green star and avi pic had disappeared off page so I paid to renew. Unfortunately it did not go through on the site. Still no benefits popping up. Anyone else have this happen recently?

Edit: It's the next day. Checked paypal, payment did send but still no membership.
Something weird is going on.

I signed on yesterday for the first time in a while and noticed my private messages were full. I didn't remember them being full before, but deleted them all anyway... didn't check anything else.

Just noticed right now that my avatar and profile pictures are gone, and I have to wait 60 seconds between searches. It still says I have a green star, though.

I've barely been on lately, and this shit isn't helping.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:08 AM   #3

Quote:

Same situation here. Green star expired late April, renewed on May 2nd. Purchase was confirmed on PayPal. Still no benefits, except I do see the green star on my user cp.

I've pm'd two moderators to no avail...
HiRes60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:53 AM   #4
Slow is the new Fast

Thanks for the responses guys. I PM’d a mod and emailed the rcc paid subscriptions email listed on the site but received no response. I have now cancelled my paypal payment. Sadly I am losing patience with this place. I have used it to host my photos that I post here. I have also lost access to them. 60 second waits between searches does not work for me.

You are correct Dred, something is definitely going on here and it isn’t good. We have been told that site improvements are coming, but I am experiencing the complete opposite.

Scale Builders Guild isn’t exactly suited to my rc forum needs, but I guess that is where I am heading. I find this place too slow without the benefit of membership speeds
Old 05-12-2023, 11:17 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Same here!
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 11:29 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I joined about a month ago , never received a confirmation email and couldn’t post on any threads , I had sent a note to the moderator after a week , two weeks later I still couldn’t post so wrote the guy again . Finally I received a response from the moderator and was able to post in threads . I also paid the $20 last week so I could get a green star and post photos , I don’t see a green star ? And I still can’t post photos.
NWCT24CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 02:21 PM   #7
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Scale Builders Guild isn’t exactly suited to my rc forum needs, but I guess that is where I am heading. I find this place too slow without the benefit of membership speeds
I really haven’t noticed any problems here lately for me. All seems normal, but I have been worried that one day I will see something bad happen since this platform is ancient.

I kinda agree on SBG. I have been a member there for a couple years, but haven’t started any threads. I mainly go there to drool over the fantastic builds! I feel like my plain Jane builds have no reason to be seen there. BUT, if this place sinks like the Titanic, then I’ll have no choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:31 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Idk if the owners are salty this place turned from a comp crawler place to a scale crawler place, but that’s the way the hobby went. It’s a damn shame they won’t let anyone help run this place unless they have experience.. they would rather watch it crash n burn which the wreck has already taken place if you ask me. Crawler.boy was a prime example of that. A troll ran this place for about a week before anything happened. The writing is on the wall, I believe I bought 2 years last time if that’s even possible I can’t remember, but I’d be surprised if there’s much left of this place in 2 years which is slightly depressing. If that’s the case maybe I’ll look into starting a forum scalercc or who knows. Even though I’m on there, F**ebook doesn’t do it for me.

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:33 PM   #9
RCC Addict

To add to what I said, the only guy I know that has any mod powers hasn’t logged on in over a week. What’s that say? Im in here every day just to click through even if there’s nothing new

Old 05-13-2023, 05:25 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Fricker could run this place. I could help. I joined pirate in 2005, but that's also gone to shit. #namedrop
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 07:45 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Back in the day there was a mod who wasent vary fond of me and gave me a hard time over really petty stuff like "bad a$$" made me delete my posts and a bunch of other crap then a few days latter some one posted a thread with bad ass in the title and its still up years later even locked one of my threads with no explination its still locked and i still dont know why
So mods can also be a bad thing too a bad moderator can kill a site like this i wont buy a star cause of that moderator
On the other side there have been some good ones too that are quick to fix issues but must of them just lost interest over time and we just dont see them here anymore
So we are basicly on cruz here sit back and enjoy the ride while we can
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Idk if the owners are salty this place turned from a comp crawler place to a scale crawler place, but that’s the way the hobby went. It’s a damn shame they won’t let anyone help run this place unless they have experience.. they would rather watch it crash n burn which the wreck has already taken place if you ask me. Crawler.boy was a prime example of that. A troll ran this place for about a week before anything happened. The writing is on the wall, I believe I bought 2 years last time if that’s even possible I can’t remember, but I’d be surprised if there’s much left of this place in 2 years which is slightly depressing. If that’s the case maybe I’ll look into starting a forum scalercc or who knows. Even though I’m on there, F**ebook doesn’t do it for me.

Heck I'm salty the hobby moved away from U4 so quickly! It's all fun but I absolutely prefer the big suspension fast movers of Trophy Trucks & U4 cars.

Anyways I signed up 2 days ago & sent out a message yesterday. Hope they figure this out soon. Facebook seems to be where the action is, which sucks.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Siq6Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:46 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Mods can hurt a forum if they're left to operate with bias, favoritism, an inflated ego, or no clue about the hobby or how to address issues on behalf of the community. But moderators had no hand in how/ why this particular forum went to shit. This has been ALL about administration/ ownership simply not giving a shit about the place. It doesn't take much time or effort to moderate a forum ( especially one as inactive as this one) but when you're a moderator feeling like you're doing it without any help or input or interaction with admin, it gets old quick and you simply lose the interest and enthusiasm to volunteer your services... whether behind the scenes or actively on the board. I couldn't blame any mod here as admin has essentially abandoned ship... long ago.

I love this place just due to all the knowledge and insanely cool builds and innovative ideas/ solutions. But administration/ ownership can suck it. They simply don't care about the site... not an ounce. I hate that people have moved on to other social media options but I can't blame em. Such a shame.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 11:11 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I’m new to this forum , it looked great when I ran into it . I’m not on any social media as of yet . I joined here to find local events , local people in the hobby , learn and share my ideas . Now I’m wondering.
NWCT24CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 11:40 AM   #15
RCC Addict

HPD, my post may have came off slightly twisted. I said mods but I agree with everything you said. The couple guys that are left to try n keep this place alive aren’t to blame, it’s the people who own the site and would rather see it die than pass it on to someone who would or could make it a little more enjoyable.

Old 05-13-2023, 01:26 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Its sad to see it goin the direction it is. Theres tons of great people n endless info, but look like its goina come to an end in the near future. I dont do fakebook, plus ive heard from alot of people, its hard to do a build thread n keep up on it. Where as here, its fairly easy. Hate to see this place die off.

Fricker, if u start a new forum, im in! Ill back u the best i can brother
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 01:40 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWCT24CRAWL View Post
I’m new to this forum , it looked great when I ran into it . I’m not on any social media as of yet . I joined here to find local events , local people in the hobby , learn and share my ideas . Now I’m wondering.
It is great in certain regards... You ask a question here ( gearing, anything electronic, how to, build assistance, anything old-school or newly released rc, etc) and the guys that are still here will get you headed in the right direction with the CORRECT information). Absolutely invaluable in that aspect. Very helpful and knowledgeable group despite all those that have left or just aren't on here much anymore.

As far as event postings and up to date local scene info, I'd say that this place isn't going to give you what you need. Not much discussion here either but I think that's a combination of things.. not many people here and just an overall kinda salty aura.. likely due to several factors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
HPD, my post may have came off slightly twisted. I said mods but I agree with everything you said. The couple guys that are left to try n keep this place alive aren’t to blame, it’s the people who own the site and would rather see it die than pass it on to someone who would or could make it a little more enjoyable.

Not at all. I was more addressing what ferp had said. He's right that a bad mod can do damage but I was noting that this wasn't the case in terms of RCC's paramount issues in recent years.

Not really relevant but I've been into crawling for about seven years and I still consider myself a noob. I really wish I had gotten into it long before I did, if for no other reason than to have been able to have been a part of the heyday. Thankfully this place is still a treasure trove of great information... just sad that so many great builds and discussions don't take place here anymore.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:54 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I want my subscription money back I just paid!!!

Can't even post pics

This shit is lame ...
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 11:15 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post

Can't even post pics

This shit is lame ...

Man that’s frustrating as hell

Old 05-14-2023, 11:00 AM   #20
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post

Can't even post pics

This shit is lame ...
Yep, same. I lost all access to my photo albums. Thankfully most are on an extenal hard drive. I cancelled my paypal payment without issue. I ain't eating no shit sandwich . I have been paying annually with guarded optimism, but I sense the platform is sputtering. The renewal is automated to my understanding, in the past it has always been near immediate.

I have no clue the cost and effort involved in starting up and maintaining a forum, but if you were to start one Fricker I would definitely be all over it. I think there is no shortage of folks who would get involved. There is a solid enough group of builders here to serve as a base.

I think the early 2000's may be perceived by some as the heyday for Crawling, but I am not so sure. I think that belief might be mostly propagated by the nostalgic folks who have gotten old and crusty. What is currently being produced and offered in this niche segment of RC is pretty outstanding.

Paid my Subscription but it Did Not Renew - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supporter Subscription Renew? Offroader5 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 11 03-14-2008 10:39 AM
paid subscription help triaxmaster Comments, Suggestions, and Help 2 04-09-2005 10:50 AM