Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: since they don't make nylints anymore...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default since they don't make nylints anymore...

...and since they are no longer giving away free parts, could people go back to selling them in the classifieds? reason i ask is because there are at least 3 wanted/for sale threads on the first page alone of the 1/6 nylint section.
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

when could you not sell them? i did not too long ago. all the sticky says is no axles or chassis, not the whole thing

EDIT: this is what it says "- Still in effect is the non-selling of Nylint axles or the chassis"

Last edited by xjwalt666; 04-03-2007 at 12:34 PM.
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

why cant you sell nylint axles or chassis'?
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i dont know its in the for sale rules
Old 04-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

That rule came about because some 'tards were taking advantage of Nylints extremely generous parts policy. Nylint would take people for their word that their truck broke, and send out replacement and/or upgraded parts. The 'tards then sold these parts or their non-broken old parts after getting a free upgrade from Nylint. Some went so far as to request multiple parts, multiple times, to just sell them outright.

Last edited by Unholy; 04-03-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

oh ok that makes sense. so that doesnt go for whole trucks then? and does it still apply to parts because of the discontinuation?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

You'll have to wait and hear from the actual mods/owners on how they feel.

Complete trucks have always been OK to sell.

I don't think they will allow parts as some of the aforementioned 'tards probably still have ill-gotten parts.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

good point. well doesnt matter to me, im just trying to help get the answers out.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I posted a Nylint 1:6 jeep complete with an extra chassis and axles and they put it up. but I am throwing in the chassis/axles for free with the truck, I have no intention of profiting from it.
lohocla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
That rule came about because some 'tards were taking advantage of Nylints extremely generous parts policy. Nylint would take people for their word that their truck broke, and send out replacement and/or upgraded parts. The 'tards then sold these parts or their non-broken old parts after getting a free upgrade from Nylint. Some went so far as to request multiple parts, multiple times, to just sell them outright.
doesn't RC4WD do this exact same thing? I am not bashing them; but sometimes they put out a product that is defective in some way, they find out about it, and fix the problem and send everyone a new part. The new part looks alot like the old part... and since now someone has two of the same looking part- you do the math.

should we ban the resale of all RC4WD parts? certain ones I would have to say yes. i.e. anything that there is a known issue on.

just trying to protect this forum and in a way RC4WD (the part is still carrying their name and reputation)
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #11
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
doesn't RC4WD do this exact same thing? I am not bashing them; but sometimes they put out a product that is defective in some way, they find out about it, and fix the problem and send everyone a new part. The new part looks alot like the old part... and since now someone has two of the same looking part- you do the math.

should we ban the resale of all RC4WD parts? certain ones I would have to say yes. i.e. anything that there is a known issue on.

just trying to protect this forum and in a way RC4WD (the part is still carrying their name and reputation)
I think you are reaching a little with that one.

Kids were deliberately scamming Nylint out of free parts to turn around and sell them for profit. Funrise is a much larger corporation then RC4WD is and suffered from it's lax warranty.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I think you are reaching a little with that one.

Kids were deliberately scamming Nylint out of free parts to turn around and sell them for profit. Funrise is a much larger corporation then RC4WD is and suffered from it's lax warranty.
well... are you saying it will never happen?

I am not saying that RC4WD is being scammed... they are actually doing what is right in business, make it right with the consumer. But there is a temptation there to get alot of your money back by selling the old part.

I think RC4WD should look into a way of preventing this, for their sake and ours... maybe a simple marking system on various parts; or a "how to spot a outdated version" section on their website. Both seem like simple fixes to a potentially destructive problem.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote