Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: scale rig pic archive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

Default scale rig pic archive

i think we need to reevaulate what is considered "scale" i was crusing the picture thread and could only identify a few rigs that could be considered scale. i think that especially those on the last page are not in the right criteria. rock crawler chassis with a jeep body and a roofrack slapped together do not qualify to me.

axle mounted steering servos, layback coilovers, and linked suspensions just to name a few characteristics of non scale applications. a shovel and little bit of tube work should not be the highlight of your "scale" RC. scale is a representation of the fullsize vehicle and i understand there are tube chassis and linked jeeps out there but theyre few and far between.
to the builders that are really artists and can put together an accurate representation of the fullsize vehicle is very commendable, but just to buy a few parts and stick em together, does not constitute a scale truck.

my two cents

not looking for people to band together or totally hate me but i just wanted to express what i think.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
RCC Addict

r

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

ok all 97 to present jeeps are linked, how is that not scale if its a rubi? ive never seen a leafed rubi before. i do see what your sayin tho and do agree. but alot of the fullsize rigs these days are gettin more technical with there setups.
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Scale Crawler GUIDELINES

Take a look at that.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #5
Sinking with the ship

Allow me to step in here....

I monitor the scale crawler picture archive closely, and while you cant see this, there are A LOT of deleted threads for trucks there did not meet the guidelines even closely. The trucks that are in there now, (which Ill review it again after this) are scale enough to be there. This debate comes up far to often, about how scale is scale and whats scale enough... The scale section has a wide variety of scale builds, not everyone can afford a bruiser build of some type so tlt builds with the servos on the axle will have to do in most cases.

If there is a build that you feel is not scale enough, hit the report post button. That emails me directly and I will look into it from there.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #6

i have rear that thread and i dont care if its a rEpost i just wanted have people taking a second look at a comp crawler in camo. thanks 1BJB for regulating.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Why would someone want to slam on guys posting on the scale forum at least their trying. Its like 1BJB said not every one can afford the big ticket items and some dont have the resources like some do.Sounds to me someone has issues,my two cents take it for what its worth.
offroad1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #8

if you can buy a comp chassis, you can get a "scale chassis" from a vendor here. im not slamming anyone, this hobby has countless areas of interest, and they can bleed over into other categories. but there has to be some sort of designation.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
if you can buy a comp chassis, you can get a "scale chassis" from a vendor here. im not slamming anyone, this hobby has countless areas of interest, and they can bleed over into other categories. but there has to be some sort of designation.
Some people can only afford one truck, and they want that one truck to look as scale as possible, while function well.... everyone has to make a compromise somewhere in their build.

As far as being some sort of designation... there is, and it seems to be working quite well. No matter what, they arent going to be able to make everyone here happy, but they do a decent job at trying.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:08 AM   #10
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
As far as being some sort of designation... there is, and it seems to be working quite well. No matter what, they arent going to be able to make everyone here happy, but they do a decent job at trying.
Thank you... I try my best guys, you have to understand that im not trying to be a "scale forum nazi". As already stated, some people can only afford one type of rig and want the best of both worlds...
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Thank you... I try my best guys, you have to understand that I'm not trying to be a "scale forum Nazi". As already stated, some people can only afford one type of rig and want the best of both worlds...
Your just a super dooper scale builder and you like to throw your scale knowledge around when ever you can .

PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

i like looking at all the pics of peoples rigs regardless if they are true to scale or not,, isnt it really a "in the eye of the beholder?" thing

my change tossed in the pot.....
mrmaxxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I agree with the idea that everyone(including myself) cant afford to build the ULTIMATE scale truck, but I also think that you can build it to the best of your ability and price range. MY new scale rig is going to be linked because thats what a 72 chevy has but it will have coils and shocks, not coil-overs. I think this type of setup is what the debate is really over!
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:08 AM   #14
RCC Addict

I like looking at the scale pictures threads, for ideas and inspiration. As far as linked or not, since most newer trucks have a link setup in the front I don't see a problem with it. Plus in my area I know of three 1:1 fully linked all around trail rigs. If I would build a 1/10 rig based on one of those would it not be scale? I think scale is just like the real world, there are many different types of setups out there and every one is going to do things differently. Plus I have seen many semi scale rigs on here that look great on the rocks.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #15
RCC Addict

for that matter, if we can have a "post your videos here" forum, whay can't we have a gallery forum?
there are wheely king pics stickied in wheelyking, cool rock crawling pics in general, readers rides stickied in general, a scale gallery somewhere (i didn't look real hard), I'm sure there are others, why not have a sub category like videos do?
I don't have a clod, so I don't look in the clod forum, but there may be something really cool worth looking at.
especially if it was kept simple, pic of truck, link to build thread. keep the clutter out.

Last edited by hairba11; 05-11-2007 at 04:17 PM. Reason: stupid spelling
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:51 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

just want to put my 2 cents in, ive always considered a scale build to be a scale version of what your trying to copy be it a super lifted full link ford f-100 or a very stock looking toyota, i think people get confused with the difference between stock trucks you would see on the road every day and a scale build wich should look like a modified rig, or a full custom tube machine. yes i should look like a real rig. but not just like a toyota that just rolled of the lot.
octigonwallrus is offline   Reply With Quote