Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Is there no "for sale " forum here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #1

Default Is there no "for sale " forum here?

I really want one of these crawlers to match my1:1 scale blazer/buggy. I realize i have a ton of research to do to build one, as i have spent many hours doing this for my 1:1 trail rig. I am not sure i have that kind of time i would like to just buy a rig well equiped and already built. I have a perfect spot behind the house to practice with one. so if there is no classified section here is there somewhere i could find these for sale? remember i want somthing enthusiast built and not some junk. I am regular on PBB and if this place is like there you guys may not appreciate my lack of willingness to "pay my dues" on here and for that i appoligize. i DO think these are an awesome way to really have some fun and learn more about my 1:1 rig and lines to take. This is a serious hobby and crazy how nice some of these are. I just want one to use while my trail rig is down, takes lots less gas too! thanks for any help! -justin
ncgamedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
MODERHATER™

Here ya go, a stickie about the classifieds,

Classifieds Section

Welcome to the madness of RCC!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #3

Dang i hope i don't get banned on my first post! Yup this place is like PBB you gotta watch your A## or people will hate you for ever. oh well I'm used to it, feels like home. looks like i am going to do some research weather i like it or not, honestly thats probly a good idea. I am not a big poster though i like to lay low and just read. MAMA always said " it's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and prove it". thanks for the heads up though. can i see any of the classified section, the sticky said "all"?
ncgamedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

you have to have 30 posts and be here 30 days before you can buy or sell stuff here or you can go right in and buy a star!
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I like the idea of 30 days and 30 posts. I can't wait to get to 30 posts. It helps keep bad sellers & sellers with no integrity and character from taking advantage of others.

If anything, it shows that RCC cares about it's name and rep and does not want people getting screwed. That is more than you can say about most forums.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #6
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgamedog View Post
Dang i hope i don't get banned on my first post! Yup this place is like PBB you gotta watch your A## or people will hate you for ever. oh well I'm used to it, feels like home. looks like i am going to do some research weather i like it or not, honestly thats probly a good idea. I am not a big poster though i like to lay low and just read. MAMA always said " it's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and prove it". thanks for the heads up though. can i see any of the classified section, the sticky said "all"?
Uhuh
Welcome to the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I like the idea of 30 days and 30 posts. I can't wait to get to 30 posts. It helps keep bad sellers & sellers with no integrity and character from taking advantage of others.

If anything, it shows that RCC cares about it's name and rep and does not want people getting screwed. That is more than you can say about most forums.
Agreed
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
I really want one of these crawlers to match my1:1 scale blazer/buggy. I realize i have a ton of research to do to build one, as i have spent many hours doing this for my 1:1 trail rig. I am not sure i have that kind of time i would like to just buy a rig well equiped and already built. I have a perfect spot behind the house to practice with one. so if there is no classified section here is there somewhere i could find these for sale? remember i want somthing enthusiast built and not some junk. I am regular on PBB and if this place is like there you guys may not appreciate my lack of willingness to "pay my dues" on here and for that i appoligize. i DO think these are an awesome way to really have some fun and learn more about my 1:1 rig and lines to take. This is a serious hobby and crazy how nice some of these are. I just want one to use while my trail rig is down, takes lots less gas too! thanks for any help! -justin
Quote:
Dang i hope i don't get banned on my first post!
Yup this place is like PBB you gotta watch your A## or people will hate you for ever. oh well I'm used to it, feels like home. looks like i am going to do some research weather i like it or not, honestly thats probly a good idea. I am not a big poster though i like to lay low and just read. MAMA always said " it's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and prove it". thanks for the heads up though. can i see any of the classified section, the sticky said "all"?

you could try the vendors market, there are some really skilled tube chassis builders in there, usually they don't do ready to run rigs, but $$$$$ talks, if you are in a hurry, and don't mind spending the duckets for quality, check some of them out
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #8

Yeah I still working toward my 30 posts too.

1 more down!!
Hellbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
Yeah I still working toward my 30 posts too.

1 more down!!
posts in chit chat area and non tech areas count so you are still one less
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Well looks like I'm not the only who missed that sticky. heh. You know what I feel personally though? I feel that maybe people who is new with less then 30 posts and being a member of less then 30 days should at least be able to post a wanted thread on stuff they wanna buy that other members are maybe selling or willing to sell. And maybe also be able to see what is for sale as they may be interested in it.

I mean isn't the whole purpose of this such rule to prevent scammers from just using this board to sell false things and hit and run? To let people NOT sell anything within the 30 day and 30 post period is understandable but to NOT let people SEE whats for sale or post a wanted thread on what their looking for or to buy is another thing. I mean he can't really hurt anyone by buying off of someone unless ofcorse he has a bunk PayPal but either way how would you know that? even the people who's met the 30 30 gig could be using a bunk PayPal.

I only say this cause I posted a thread about the B/S/T area here looking to see if anyone here was/is selling a Bruiser or Mounty cause I was looking for one. Kindly enough another member who knows me from other boards PM'd me about 2 being for sale but I couldn't see em being I had no access.

All in all I can understand not letting people sell if they haven't met the 30 30 but Buy? c'mon. Oh wells.
Breaker 1-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #11
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker 1-9 View Post
Well looks like I'm not the only who missed that sticky. heh. You know what I feel personally though? I feel that maybe people who is new with less then 30 posts and being a member of less then 30 days should at least be able to post a wanted thread on stuff they wanna buy that other members are maybe selling or willing to sell. And maybe also be able to see what is for sale as they may be interested in it.

I mean isn't the whole purpose of this such rule to prevent scammers from just using this board to sell false things and hit and run? To let people NOT sell anything within the 30 day and 30 post period is understandable but to NOT let people SEE whats for sale or post a wanted thread on what their looking for or to buy is another thing. I mean he can't really hurt anyone by buying off of someone unless ofcorse he has a bunk PayPal but either way how would you know that? even the people who's met the 30 30 gig could be using a bunk PayPal.

I only say this cause I posted a thread about the B/S/T area here looking to see if anyone here was/is selling a Bruiser or Mounty cause I was looking for one. Kindly enough another member who knows me from other boards PM'd me about 2 being for sale but I couldn't see em being I had no access.

All in all I can understand not letting people sell if they haven't met the 30 30 but Buy? c'mon. Oh wells.
Scammers can be either.
This is just a small effort to help keep our valued members from being scammed by hit and run sellers or buyers.

This policy was made to help protect people yet so many people complain about it. I don't understand.:? It's a pretty small price to pay.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Scammers can be either.
This is just a small effort to help keep our valued members from being scammed by hit and run sellers or buyers.

This policy was made to help protect people yet so many people complain about it. I don't understand.:? It's a pretty small price to pay.
you cant please everyone at one time:-(
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #13
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc View Post
you cant please everyone at one time:-(
That's what it boils down to I guess.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Well 90% of the time scammers or most likely to be the ones that will try to sell something to a member, not really a buyer looking to buy something off of someone. I think people should maybe have an option to ad their stuff in a section giving non 30 30 members a go at it if they feel that they wouldn't mind selling to a new member. I mean hey you can NEVER fully stop scammers on the internet.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #15
Sinking with the ship

If you are looking to buy, you can always support one of our great vendors, ORRRRRRRRRR Support the site and buy a star Then you have access to give aways and can see the classifieds

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well 90% of the time scammers or most likely to be the ones that will try to sell something to a member, not really a buyer looking to buy something off of someone.

Duh... If someone posts a wanted ad and another member says that he/she has that part, then asks for $50 to be sent... then jumps ship, that person posting the Wanted ad gets screwed.

You can get screwed over in the Wanted section as well as you can in the For Sale section. It's the same thing if you think about it.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:18 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Think of it this way, by the time you're done arguing, you'll already have enough posts to have access.

USATorque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Thats a good point. Shall I continue till I got enough? Maybe I'll go find the difference by commenting on an amount of projetcs/build ups and rides.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Or post up any of your rigs.
USATorque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

I haven't touched a Hobby Class R/C in over 7 or 8 years now and ALL of em are packed away in my storage awaiting for me to get a place of my own to build. Since my collection and began my storage has only been getting filled up more and more with alot of NIB stuff and parts for builds of most of the NIB stuff.

Personally I mainly signed up here cause alot of the scale guys seem to lurk here and also on scale4x4 which is another place I'm a member at. I honestly think though that I would have a hell of a hard time getting some rock rash on any of my rigs once build. Ofcourse unless they were just random beats with plastic axes on em.

In the crawling world a famous thing to see is scale and functional. I'm mainly a scale person. As far as functional goes it looks as if nothing could ever top a stick chassie.