Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Advocate for change in the Buy/Sell forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Exclamation Advocate for change in the Buy/Sell forum

Please hear me out on this.

I and a few others were victims of a scammer. The seller had the 30 posts...which is a great way to help get rid of these kinds of people. However, this seller posted his item in the For Sale thread. Then thru PM sold the item to several buyers. This leads us to the problem with the For Sale Forum. There is no protection for multiple buyers to an item. There is a need for a buyer to post in the thread to let people know that he is sending money, or has a deal pending with the buyer. This will prevent the seller from selling his one item to several unsuspecting buyers.

I know this is the minority, not the majority. This is still a problem and can become bigger if not stopped now. 99% of the sellers here are good people. I now that rules were put into place to stop these kinds of things, and thanks for that. This is something that I see as a problem.

Now...I know that posting in the threads keep buyers from "bumping" there items. How can we fix this problem together without allowing buyers to "bump" there items?

Thanks for listening to me.
Tom
Ripped off by FreakyCrawler!:-(
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Another that was ripped off by Freaky Crawler, bought the same item...

I agree with what was said above...
Tacoma747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
RCC Addict

buy from verified members with stars, or members with a lot of good feedback in the feedback section.
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

X3, there should be some way of knowing who bought what so multiple people arn't buying the same thing. I havn't bought very many things from members but when I have its only been from members with 1000+ post counts, very reputable members but not everyone will do that.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
MODERHATER™

And how is it you recommend doing this?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:09 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Is it possible to set it to allow replies, but not bump threads? Though having typed that, thats probably what would have happened...
chaotic_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
I know this is the minority, not the majority. This is still a problem and can become bigger if not stopped now. 99% of the sellers here are good people. I now that rules were put into place to stop these kinds of things, and thanks for that. This is something that I see as a problem.

Now...I know that posting in the threads keep buyers from "bumping" there items. How can we fix this problem together without allowing buyers to "bump" there items?
No matter what we do there is going to be a loop hole and punk a$$ people will find ways around the system to scam people.

Take a look at what this seller does. He edits his thread showing pending and sold items. Now this is an ideal seller and a we can't expect a scammer to do the same.

Bottom line is that you need to take ever precaution possible to protect yourself.

We are not going to allow replies to for sale forum post unless we absolutely have to. The moderation alone is a nightmare and we don't need that head ache again. If you have another way to solve this 1% problem then let us know.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

count me in as a victum also. I guess Im never going to see those beadlocks, 75.00 down the drain.......anyone have any clue who this guy really is and where he is at?
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #9
MODERHATER™

So who will agree with me on this money orders are a bad idea?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
me!! but not every one has a cc to use paypal, like us kiddo's.

there are bad/good sellers like the one badger listed i do the same as well and so should others....but some dont:-(
Kranberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #11
RCC Addict

yeah stay away from money orders
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I do them rarely, I guess not at all anymore
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:11 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_superman View Post
buy from verified members with stars, or members with a lot of good feedback in the feedback section.
Good idea. However, even these people can scam you if they want. I spend $20.00 to buy a little star. Then I turn around like freakycrawler and scam 5 or 6 guys out of $75.00 each. Hell, sounds like a good profit to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteenster View Post
X3, there should be some way of knowing who bought what so multiple people arn't buying the same thing. I havn't bought very many things from members but when I have its only been from members with 1000+ post counts, very reputable members but not everyone will do that.
Thanks, I was hoping others felt there was a mis here.

Quote:
And how is it you recommend doing this?
Read my post above. "How can we fix this problem together without allowing buyers to "bump" there items?"
Don't put this all on me. I am making a suggestion. Tell me why the Sale forum is closed? This is the only Forum I have seen that doesn't allow replies in the threads. I am not a Forum king. Nor am I a mod. I don't know what ways this can be fixed. But I am out $80.00. If I could have replied to the thread, there may only be one guy out $80.00. Now there are 4 guys out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic_life View Post
Is it possible to set it to allow replies, but not bump threads? Though having typed that, thats probably what would have happened...
Not sure..but hopefully we can come up with a fix together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
No matter what we do there is going to be a loop hole and punk a$$ people will find ways around the system to scam people.

Take a look at what this seller does. He edits his thread showing pending and sold items. Now this is an ideal seller and a we can't expect a scammer to do the same.

Bottom line is that you need to take ever precaution possible to protect yourself.

We are not going to allow replies to for sale forum post unless we absolutely have to. The moderation alone is a nightmare and we don't need that head ache again. If you have another way to solve this 1% problem then let us know.
Your right. That guy is the perfect seller. As I stated, the majority is. Also, there will always be ways for people to get scammed. But allowing posts in the Sale section would eliminate 5 or 6 guys getting taken on the same thing. This is a big loop hole. Several people can buy the same item without ever knowing it. Is this not a mis to you.

I understand that there can be some problems allowing replies to threads, but other forums do it. Do you need help. I am sure there are several that will help Mod this. I WILL!! Make larger, harsher penilties for those that break the posting rules. I have seen this done in other threads and it has never been an out of control problem.

I have done over 500+ transactions on the web. This is the first time I have been scammed. Yes, I am very lucky. I always check. However, I slipped this time. Trust me, it will not happen again! But there is still a problem with this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
count me in as a victum also. I guess Im never going to see those beadlocks, 75.00 down the drain.......anyone have any clue who this guy really is and where he is at?
No, your never going to see those beadlocks!
No
No

My reply was not meant to offend anyone of you. I am actually glad that you posted. Shows that you care. I just would like to figure out how this can be prevented in the future. I don't hold RC Crawler liable for this transaction. Nor, can I. I just don't want anyone else to have to go thru this. There is a fix, we just need to put our heads together and figure it out.

Thank You
Tom
Old 08-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

On a side note. I forgot to ask. I reported the thread about FreakyCrawler a couple days ago. I asked for any information that he may have used when he signed up on RC Crawler. I have not recieved a reply on this. Can one of you guys get me this information. This will help when I call the police in Salt Lake City.

Also...Will FreakyCrawler be banned or labeled or something? Preventing him access to the sale section in case he happens to logon again.

Thanks

Last edited by Racer4Life; 08-20-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You can get scammed just as easy with PayPal. Buyer sells one said item to 5 to 10 people. Goes to PO and sends them an empty box with tracking number. Buyer gets empty box and reports it to Paypal. Paypal will tell you that you got the item. Tracking info proves it. Then it still back to where we are now. Out $80.00.

Sorry to be ranting! I took my wifey to the hosptial 2 hrs away. 4 hrs in the car with a 7yr old and a 4yr old, and Momma gone for a week or two. Doesn't make Daddy real happy.

Last edited by Racer4Life; 08-20-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:37 PM   #16
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
On a side note. I forgot to ask. I reported the thread about FreakyCrawler a couple days ago. I asked for any information that he may have used when he signed up on RC Crawler. I have not recieved a reply on this. Can one of you guys get me this information. This will help when I call the police in Salt Lake City.

Also...Will FreakyCrawler be banned or labeled or something? Preventing him access to the sale section in case he happens to logon again.

Thanks
Don't you have this info from the address where you sent the MO?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:41 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Don't you have this info from the address where you sent the MO?
Sent you a PM!

Thanks
Tom
Old 08-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Maybe we can have the buyer post that he bought said item.
The Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:59 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_superman View Post
How do you propose a member to get ffedback if no-one will buy from them?
I actually agree with "The muscle" except i don't know how that would be possible seeing as any other members of the public aren't aloud to post other than the buyer, unless there is some sort of soft ware that can be brought in?
I just don't know and it's just my 2 cence.
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:11 AM   #20
RCC Addict

When you first agree to pay for an item... tell the seller to edit his post to "SALE PENDING TO RACER4LIFE" After you see that, and ONLY after you see it... send the money and ask him to switch it to "SOLD TO RACER4LIFE" And ALWAYS LEAVE FEEDBACK.

I have had a number of people make these requested when selling items and saw it as no inconvenience in the process. it actually helps you keep your pm inbox clear.

Not a 100% fool proof solution, but if everyone does it, it should cut down on stuff like this.

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote