Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: classified restrictions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default classified restrictions

Yes, I'm new here. Part of the reason I came on here was to see about buying a truck. The classifieds are off limits to new members. I can see why, as an admin on another forum we also wanted to limit people coming on simply to sell their crap and not contributing to the community.

However, preventing new members or guests from accessing the classifieds seems counter-intuitive. Having a new member have access to rigs for sale would certainly promote the sport.

okay, really I'm just ranting because waiting out the 30 day period is killing me but seriously, its something that should be considered-the ban should only be on selling stuff, not denying complete access to the classifieds.

just a suggestion.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
TEAM MODERATOR

Buying,selling.....it goes both ways. The ban was placed to limit people from getting scammed. Guy's coming here just to sell,a good number of people got took. After the ban was placed,the number of guys/girls getting scammed dropped a good deal.

We figure if guys are willing to stick around,theres a better chance there not scammers. Patience o little one.

You do know that you can still deal with our vendors. I know RCP has some great deals on everything you need to start a rig.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:46 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

thanks for the reply. I still dont understand the ban on new members buying...but it is what it is. RCP does have the best price on the f350 which seems to be the best first scale rig, and I like the 1.9 scale rigs best.

but Id rather have a more unique rig, which is why I was hoping to buy someones custom rig for not much more than a standard one...

seeing the rcp site answered my other question about radio-my 2-channel wont work with a f350 hilift kit...darn.

also have seen the mercedes g wagon rigs here (been reading lots here) and would LOVE one of those. Do those bodies (if I can find one) fit th hilift or would that require a custom build...I guess thats for a different forum...
Old 08-27-2007, 12:53 AM   #4
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
thanks for the reply. I still dont understand the ban on new members buying
The new guy comes here to buy.....tells the guy(a long time member with great feedback) to send the goods and he'll send the cash at the same time.....that time never comes. The new guy gets what was shipped but never sent the cash and the member with great feedback just got screwed. It's happened before.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Buy a star. You can access the sale forum and get in on the giveaways from all the great vendors here on the site!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

buy a star? I'll look around to see what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
to send the goods and he'll send the cash at the same time.....
well there's your problem...lol...
Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #8

i was thinking about it would be cool if the new guys could look at the for sale items too... but i see where they are coming from... i am a trustworthy person and have been screwed over before and i hate it when alot of us trust each other but then you will always come across a bad apple... i wish there was a way that the "new" members could only pay via paypal so that way we could still shop and not have the seller worry bc they will get the money before they ship...
yenrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #9
TEAM MODERATOR

Like I said,the new guys can still buy from our great list of vendors. On some things,IMHO nearly always,your better off buying new anyways.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:01 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

use paypal is what i mean about selling and buying
then both are insured(speld wrong)

that is just my opinion
storm4710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
RCC Addict

like mentioned ^^^ if you want to look in the classified sections buy a star, I gets you a few things that guys like myself cant do on this web site!! With the star you get access to the classifieds before your 30day-30post period is up!!
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:25 AM   #12
PapaGriz Yo

There are lots of discussions on this in the Comments section. Bottom line is that the system seems to be helping to reduce scammers so it will not be changed any time soon.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #13
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
thanks for the reply. I still dont understand the ban on new members buying...but it is what it is. RCP does have the best price on the f350 which seems to be the best first scale rig, and I like the 1.9 scale rigs best.

but Id rather have a more unique rig, which is why I was hoping to buy someones custom rig for not much more than a standard one...

seeing the rcp site answered my other question about radio-my 2-channel wont work with a f350 hilift kit...darn.

also have seen the mercedes g wagon rigs here (been reading lots here) and would LOVE one of those. Do those bodies (if I can find one) fit th hilift or would that require a custom build...I guess thats for a different forum...
Since it seems like you have done some research and are almost to your 30 posts I have added you to the classifieds section early.

Let me know if you still cannot see it.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #14
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Since it seems like you have done some research and are almost to your 30 posts I have added you to the classifieds section early.

You found Badger's soft spot!?!?!
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #15
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
You found Badger's soft spot!?!?!

Didn't know he had one
Old 09-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

this has got to be a sign of the coming apocalypse
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post

MOCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote