Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: how about a judging section under competition forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default how about a judging section under competition forum

to discuss the rules and judging. it might make it easier for all of us to be on the same page when judging, and make it easier for those apprehensive to try

just a thought

Brian
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I have to admit , This might be a good idea . As we were a little cautious during our first comp. :-(
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
I have to admit , This might be a good idea . As we were a little cautious during our first comp. :-(

we all where, I had it easier because Ive been judging 1:1 comps since 2002

The way we work it at Narcca is you, get 2 freebie comps, third and 4th times out you assist then the 5 time you judge.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
to discuss the rules and judging. it might make it easier for all of us to be on the same page when judging, and make it easier for those apprehensive to try

just a thought

Brian

this is a great idea.
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Why not use the rules forum? It is already established and is the correct place to ask about a rule and how to enforce it?
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
I'm a stupid C U N T!

there is a forum for the rules makes that we mere mortals cannot see, there should be one person from you're club included in this group that is involved and should know whats going on and report to the rest of the club, if not you may want to set someone up in that position, if I understand how it work correctly
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
there is a forum for the rules makes that we mere mortals cannot see, there should be one person from you're club included in this group that is involved and should know whats going on and report to the rest of the club, if not you may want to set someone up in that position, if I understand how it work correctly
But thats your USRCCA rep. Several people judge in our club for our local comps, those people couldn't take part in any discussions in the USRCCA rules committee section. I don't think it would be a bad idea either. We (MNRCRC) just at todays comp, started using a new score sheet, and we have more people stepping up to judge at every comp. I think a section like that would encourage them even more.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
But thats your USRCCA rep. Several people judge in our club for our local comps, those people couldn't take part in any discussions in the USRCCA rules committee section. I don't think it would be a bad idea either. We (MNRCRC) just at todays comp, started using a new score sheet, and we have more people stepping up to judge at every comp. I think a section like that would encourage them even more.
thats the idea, its pretty lame that 50% of the competitors at nationals where unfamiliar with the rules or afraid to judge.. That needs to change. I may not be a perfect judge, put Im out there