Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: suggestion to Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default suggestion to Mods

sorry ^ suggestion to mods.

is there a way to get with the moderators and see if we can do something about vendors stiffing people like maybe raise the price of vendor star and put that extra money away and help guys out when they get stiffed. just a suggestion because it seems as the months and years go on vendors loose there way and start stiffing people. i lost alot of money to aubie from tubewerks awhile back but now i just written it off because after so many promises i was not able to fall back on paypal waited to long and i think the vendors know that and string people along sometimes. again just a suggestion because a read about the problems with diaz.

Last edited by mudslinger74; 12-20-2007 at 08:02 AM. Reason: misplace wrong word
mudslinger74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Thats not going to do much other than raise shelf prices. What will be the extra charge, $50, $100? That won't cover alot of things vendors sell. Be smart, use Paypal and if you haven't got your product with in 30 - 45 days lodge a Paypal dispute to cover your money. I've had it happen too, and now will not wait a day over the Paypal time limit. There are many reasons why some vendors fall to poor service, while non of them should fall back on us, sometimes they do, and will, no matter how big a tag is put on that blue star. Because of a few people, I don't think the rest of the vendors/potential vendors should pay, especially the small guy. I'd like to get a star and sell a little bit but $100 is hard enough to justify, let alone if I have to pay a deposit or something.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i see what you are saying i just wish there was some way to cover the consumers a--. like i said i waited to long also and it will not happen again.its just a shame as buyers we look for a product and think ok they have a vendor star so they must be reputable. i just dont understand the hole vendor star reasoning. not that im cutting on it but they pay money to sell their products but who covers our butts when we get stiffed take for instance if you pay by money order i think it would be even harder to get your money back. or whatever other payments other than paypal that will help get money or product. i would just like to see if us a consumers can find a way to cover our butts on this. thanks again im not cutting on vendors or there stars.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Not just here, any online purchases you always need to look out. I don't think any of the vendors gone bad did it intentionaly, I think some have had personal issues or it just grew out of hand where they couldn't keep up. I know it sucks when your on the short end, but welcome to life. I stopped using MO's years ago, and generally won't make a purchase, here, Ebay or even some websites, if they don't accept Paypal.
Let me hit up Spell_Check.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I'm not understanding your point...

You want RCC to offer insurance by jacking the price of vendor stars because you lost your butt? Paypal would have fixed the problem. If in 2007 you are still trusting people with Money Orders you have got to be 11 eggs short of a dozen.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:04 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

no im just saying it would be nice to have some sort of insurance i use paypal just saying there are people out there that dont. please dont assume im bitchin i just read the diaz tread and had a thought about my similar cituation and thought that maybe we all could come up with something the whole add extra money to the vendor stars was a thought maybe not a well thought out one but was just triing to look for possible solution in the future
Old 12-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

People are on Diaz for different reasons, no need to make a general thread about it to save everyone.

Use Paypal, don't like how long the process is taking or the communication file a Paypal Claim.

RCC is just an internet forum. With you guys and all this policy you want in place you are only adding more cost to our website and creating problems we don't need.

If you have problems with a Vendor here try PM and Emailing them. Next move to a quick PM to the Mods if things are moving. Finally file a Paypal claim and be done with it. Post the problem and all the proof in the Feedback forum.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger74 View Post
i see what you are saying i just wish there was some way to cover the consumers a--.
It is your responsibility as the consumer to protect yourself. There are many ways to do it like with Paypal and by using a credit card. Do a google search on it to learn how to protect yourself, cause if your expecting everyone else to protect you and give you insurance you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #9
RCC Addict

You really have to remember the saying " Buyer beware" It sucks that people get stiffed in this wacky world we call earth but shit happens.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

point taken i guess delete this thread
Old 12-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #11

Quote:
point taken i guess delete this thread
Why deleted it? Leave it be so others can see read it if they have the same question.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

How about adding said vendors to the buyers beware thread?
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Not a bad idea at all.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

For vendors, can you have somekind of feedback rating in their profile or something? Something kinda Ebayish, but easier to make a decision when feedback is all right there to see. I think if a vendor needs to go into a buyers beware category than said vendore should loose vending privilage, or atleast a suspension until all deals are brought current.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster View Post
For vendors, can you have somekind of feedback rating in their profile or something? Something kinda Ebayish, but easier to make a decision when feedback is all right there to see. I think if a vendor needs to go into a buyers beware category than said vendore should loose vending privilage, or atleast a suspension until all deals are brought current.

What if a vendor does $1000's of dollars of selling through their own website and only a couple hundred from RCC.... How could RCC be responsible for "rating" this vendor?

People need to learn to do research before buying.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
X2. nuff said.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I know and agree, dosn't mean people will or do though. Good point Toyo, a few vendors have feedback threads, maybe all vendors should have a feedback thread, and instead of a subject field when posting it could have a drop down box for pos, neg, or neutral to make it easier to sort. On Ebay some of the sellers I rarely look at the pos feedback, I'll look through and see what the negs are about. Just some thoughts, I haven't had any problem with a vendor here and am fine with it, but as member base grows and more vendors come aboard.....
Old 12-21-2007, 09:08 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
What if a vendor does $1000's of dollars of selling through their own website and only a couple hundred from RCC.... How could RCC be responsible for "rating" this vendor?

i see your point on this doing research but what if like in my case almost 2yrs ago i did research on aubie from tubewerks and alot of people said he was a good vendor.so some times research dont help maybe vendor feedback would help

im glad to see there is some opinions on how to help the situation.in my original post in didnt realy think about things when i said more money for vendor star but i like that we are triing to think of other solutions thanks for looking
Old 12-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i see your point on this doing research but what if like in my case almost 2yrs ago i did research on aubie from tubewerks and alot of people said he was a good vendor.so some times research dont help maybe vendor feedback would help

Sometimes no.... but most of the Vendors are solid. I like to look at the Vendors that actually compete and particapate in their local crawling groups. If they never drive a crawler, never compete, or don't even have a crawler club/group near them....that might make me wonder about them. How would you know if they are full of shit or actually know something about crawling and how to build something for a crawler....

Quote:
im glad to see there is some opinions on how to help the situation.in my original post in didnt realy think about things when i said more money for vendor star but i like that we are triing to think of other solutions thanks for looking

$100 for a Vendor star is enough. At one time I wanted to RCC to verifiy these vendors with proof of a business license... that was shot down. I understand.

In this world it's buyer beware 100%. If you buy from a solid standing vendor, and there are many on RCC, you will not have an issue. People have to remember that unless something is in stock, most of these Crawlers parts are not made overnight and can take between 7-20 days to get them reproduced. Then there is the packaging involved after that. If you are buying something custom or a one off item, it might take even longer.

I say that if the product is highly important to you to have ASAP and you don't want to wait....make it yourself!
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Any thoughts on this idea?
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote