Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: * Official 2008 Scale Details and Event Schedule *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Arrow * Official 2008 Scale Details and Event Schedule *

Tamiya USA Presents The MSD Scale R/C Nationals, May 16-18 2008 in Helena, Montana

This will the largest SCALE R/C event in the USA in 2008.

Event Schedule:

If you plan to come to town early and are NOT competing, let us know, we will recruit you as judges and event staff. you will receive compensation for your work.

May 16th Friday

7 am Tech inspection and check in
8:30 am 1.9 scale and 2.2 scale trucks run all 3 courses each.
6 pm or when the courses are done, MSD shop Potluck
9 pm or dark, night run, 1 course at the MSD shop, only lights you can use are ones that are PERMANENTLY mounted to your r/c rig. There will be prizes for this run for the top 3 finishers.

May 17th Saturday

8 am Tech inspection and check in
9 am 1.9 scale finals course, top 3 from friday
10 am 2.2 scale finals course, top 3 from friday
11 am Tech inspection and check in for 2.2 USRCCA comp
12 pm 2.2 comp, 3 courses.
4 pm 2.2 comp finals course, top 3 drivers.
7:30 pm Potluck at the MSD shop, awards assembly and prize raffle.

May 18th Sunday

10 am back up to the site, trail rides, video's, magazine shoots, all around play and fun day. Tweak and test your other r/c's, go fast rigs, 8x8's, baja 5b races, jump contest , time trials and what not. You do not want to go home, this may be the best day yet.

Here is the town of Helena:
http://www.mapquest.com8/maps/map.ad...te=mt&zipcode=

Here is where the site is:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...y=US&geodiff=1

Here are directions from town to the comp site:
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...mini&2s=mt&2z=

List of Hotels in Helena, near the I-15 interchange, Hotels range from $42 - $135 a night:

* Best Western - 1-406-457-5500
* Holiday Inn - 1-800-743-7480
* Colonial hotel Red Lion - 1-406-443-2100
* Days Inn - 1-406-442-3280
* Hampton Inn - 1-406-449-6132
* Holiday Inn Express - 1-406-449-4000
* Jorgenson's Inn and Suites - 1-406-442-1770
* Motel 6 - 1-406-442-9990
* Shilo Inns - 1-406-442-0320
* Blackstone Inn - 1-406-442-3064
* Winngate Inn - 1-406-449-3000

There is also a USFS camp site 5 miles from the comp area, sites are $9 a night, no showers, just bathrooms. Go to www.USFS.com and look up Rimini Montana. Moose Creek camp area .

The Comp site is on private property this year, we got a generous donation of land, 880 acres, about 5 square miles of wilderness, NO CAMPING on private ground, sorry. We will need to respect his ground and do a SERIOUS clean up before we leave.

The road to the site is a county road, rimini road. It is dirt and gravel with washboards and bumps like most forest roads. Parking will be one thing we have to pay attention to for sure. If you can carpool to the site that will be very helpful. there is lots of room, however, if we have too many rigs, they will have to park in a single file line. There is pleanty of parking at the bottom of the hill, however, that is almost a mile from the comp site, so you will need to shuttle up there with others if you drive alone.

Although scale rigs are the main theme of the event, bring anything you want. 2.2s and 1.9s will have the most fun here. We will run 2.2 comp rigs on their own course's, saturday, USRCCA rules apply. http://usrcca.com/rules.htm Baja 5b's, go fast rigs, 8x8's, tanks are all welcome for the play day on Sunday.

We will have a raffle and drawing for this event, so if you and your company would like to donate raffle items and have your name on the Banner,Advertising, Magazines and T-shirts, please PM me. We need them by april 1st, no exceptions.
List as of now for the raffle:

Tamiya USA Title Sponsor

Montana Scale Designs
Rccrawler.com
Bender Customs
Axial
HPI
Holmes Hobbies
Tammies Hobbies
TCS Crawlers
RCP Crawlers
Scale4x4rc
RPP hobby
Mocrawler soft tops
Reign RC
Max Amps.com
VF fab works
Hand bros off road
Creatacrawler designs
Taylors hobby products
Death metal garage
Dinky R/C
BMRC designs
Eritex Inc.
RC4WD
Whitebone scale trailers
MiniRCcrawler.com
Proline racing
Novak USA
Team Tekin USA
Raceway Hobbies

Magazines that will be covering the event so far:

RCdriver
RCCA
RCworld
4 Wheel and off road

Local newspaper will do 3 day coverage, helenair.com
Local TV will do 2 nights on the news also. beartoothnbc.com

General rules:
This is a true scale off-road competition. All styles are welcome. The classes will be broke down into the listing below. There will be three general events for the 1.9 and 2.2 scale classes. A follow the leader course, a euro trials course and a buddy system course. The catch here is that if you get stuck you will have to depend on a fellow RC driver from your own class to free you or right you if you flip with his/her rig. You will also loose points and time for this and give points to your rescuer. However, when it is his or her turn to run, you will have the chance to get some of the points back when you help them out. The buddy trucks will be picked at random on each course, with everyone having a chance to do it. If all efforts fail and the rig can not be freed by a buddy, then a manual retrieval is allowed, but with point deduction. There will be some water hazards so waterproofing is HIGHLY recommended, we will have by-passes fro those who are affraid of the H2O, but there be point added for this. Power will be provide via 1:1 rigs batteries and power inverters, in other words you need to bring EVERYTHING you need to run and repair you rigs. we will be in the middle of the Montana wilderness, no power or lights. Needless to say battery charging will be a time consuming part of the day. Bring yourself plenty of batteries and a charger. You are allowed to manually hook up your rigs. If you have winches you are allowed to free yourself with minimal points added.

Number of vehicles per class will be limited to 40, so make sure you register early as there will be no extra spots. Remember you can only drive one vehicle in each class, meaning, if you want to run 1.9 and 2.2, you need 2 rigs. But multiple drivers can enter the same vehicle in any given class.

If you have wood bridges, rope bridges, scale obstacles and parts to use in a course of any kind, please bring them, we will incorporate them into the courses.

Events:

Follow the leader course -
This is a pretty straight forward and simple event. A coin toss will decide the leader and from there he/she will choose the trail to follow. There will a start gate and a finish gate and a few in between. the object of this course is to get your opponents to have as many points added to their score as you can. Helping you keep the advantage. You WANT to get them stuck. You will stay the leader until you can go no further or get stuck. Then, the next person in line becomes the leader. This sounds boring to some people, but trust me it can be a challenge to follow some of these rigs. Once again there is no hands on. If you get stuck or flipped you must winch or strap out, points added accordingly, otherwise loose your spot as the leader. It is up to the leader to find the line best suited for them.

Euro Trials Course –
In this event you will be awarded points for passing through marked buoys in a given direction. If you are not able to pass through the buoys in the indicated direction or if you touch the buoys while passing though the gate you will not get any points. This setup will be more of a challenging event. There will be a number of ravines, bridges, creeks and hills to traverse and climb. Again the, “stuck” rule applies. Failure to take the course within the markers will result in point’s deduction also. You will get the majority of your points by having the best time and hitting ZERO gates.

Buddy system course -
The is a two person course. The driver who is running the course is being scored 100%. The " buddy " is only scored if they help, they can drive and or place their rig anywhere on course to assist. You will be scored and timed on this course, all penalities apply. See rules thread. If you get stuck and cannot winch yourself, you can have a " buddy " winch or strap you up the obstacle. You will receive 5 points for this and a 10 second penality. Also you will give the " buddy " -1 point each time they help you. So you really need to think about how this will affect you and plan your lines according.

Please see the " Rules " thread for all the points and penalties.

Most of all, this is supposed to be a FUN comp, so bring your smile and good attitude, we are happy to have you at the Tamiya USA, MSD 2008 Scale R/C Nationals.

Last edited by Unimoger; 05-13-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Any specific rules for recovery rigs?
Rudukai13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudukai13 View Post
Any specific rules for recovery rigs?
the only " recovery rigs" that will used on course will be on the buddy course.

see rules thread and you will see what I mean.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

When do you anticipate opening up the registration ? I am traveling the next couple of days and internet access will be limited. I want to make sure I can get signed up for all 3 classes.( I will find a way to access and make time for registration if you can give a ballpark timeline.)

I actually am in Spokane right now over 1/2 way there
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

So I shouldn't do a tracked vehicle?
Old 02-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Lets say this, you can build it and bring it but the only place you would be able to really use it during the event is on the buddy course and that would only be for 1 run. If you wanted to drive it on the fun runs that would awesome cause it sounds like a killer Idea
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

So it would be legal for the buddy course? But I wouldn't get in trouble if I ran it on a few of the courses that weren't being used to see how it would do? I wouldn't mind doing the Euro Trials trail with it either...
Old 02-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #8
I'm a stupid C U N T!

the way the event is set up all the courses will be run at the same time all day long, you won't really have time :-(
Old 02-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Ben, I wont have anything built up, but would be more than happy and willing to volunteer my time to help out
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Hmm...Well I can always save it for the fun day and night runs
Old 02-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #11
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudukai13 View Post
Hmm...Well I can always save it for the fun day and night runs
Everyone wants to see it either way
Old 02-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #12
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
Ben, I wont have anything built up, but would be more than happy and willing to volunteer my time to help out
Careful what you ask for.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #13
RCC Addict

So what's the deal with registration? I am entering 1.9, 2.2 and comp 2.2...
BlueMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMonster View Post
So what's the deal with registration? I am entering 1.9, 2.2 and comp 2.2...
I am working on it right now, will be a new thread for that too. It will be a event brite site that will allow only X # of entries.

stay tuned.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

so i heard somthing about having to pay per vehicle?? is this true?
scuzzy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy51 View Post
so i heard something about having to pay per vehicle?? is this true?

yes , there will be a fee for each rig, we cannot put on a event this large and not charge anything like last year, sorry.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
yes , there will be a fee for each rig, we cannot put on a event this large and not charge anything like last year, sorry.
can we get a price? some of use have to plan far in advance.. or are we gonna have to paypal you when we register? thats really gonna suck!!
scuzzy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #18
I'm a stupid C U N T!

there will be an automated billing system in the registration site, if I under stand how it works. And I believe the price will be more than reasonable
Old 02-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

If we are planning to attend but not compete, will we still need to pay? I am more then willing to, just need to know what is required.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Cool, completely understandable. Can't wait to register.
BlueMonster is offline   Reply With Quote