Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Colorado Winter Series #5 April 27......Judges Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Go figure, weather has been great all week, comp is tomorrow and it's snowing here. So much for some practice today.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Does anyone have a couple 14mm maxx hexes I can buy? I only have one hex in my tool box. guess I have been using 23mm for too long.
I would like my super to have 4 wheel drive, not 3. thanks

ED
evileddy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #103
MODERHATER™

Does anyone have a ten spot you could bum me to compete?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:43 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I just wanted you all to know, I would have had both of my rigs done and ready 2 days before the comp, but no, BENDER talked me into running a new chassis, so here I am rig in a million pieces gonna have to work on it all day tomorrow.

I think he was scared of me beating him so he wanted me to change my setup right before a comp...
I've seen this new chassis. Brad won't sell any....just like he didn't sell any SW2's and SW3's.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #105
R.I.P. Chip

With a statement like that I have to ask you, have you ever even seen a REAL crawler?

I think it revolutionary and he'll sell millions.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
With a statement like that I have to ask you, have you ever even seen a REAL crawler?

I think it revolutionary and he'll sell millions.
I haven't seen any crawlers....REAL or FAKE.
I've seen real and fake boobies though.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #107
TEAM RCC

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................... ....boobies
CRF450R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF450R View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................... ....boobies
Yeah......just think if Brad's new chassis looked like boobies!!!! He sold thousands of the SW's...........he'd literally sell billions if it looked like boobies!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Well crap, Bender might actually win this one! I have to bow out due to work
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #110
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugzracing View Post
Well crap, Bender might actually win this one! I have to bow out due to work
WTF? Sorry to hear it man.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

How about those 14mm hexes.

SOMEBODY?
ANYBODY?

Come on guys. you know I'm not a threat to the top competitors.
Help a guy out.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #112
RCCRAWLER TEAM DRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileddy420 View Post
How about those 14mm hexes.

SOMEBODY?
ANYBODY?

Come on guys. you know I'm not a threat to the top competitors.
Help a guy out.

I have some Savage ones I can take if they will work.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
I have some Savage ones I can take if they will work.

hell yeah they will work. Thanks for the help. this way i can try my new Moab XL's. much appreciated.

ED
Old 04-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #114
2006 2.2 National Champ

Just got off the phone with jason. We are going to try the "free crawl" format for this comp. Which means people will volunteer to hit whatever course they want, whenever they want. Please help keep the flow going throughout the day by getting in line and running courses as soon as you can. With as many people attending comps as we have lately we need to keep the flow going to finish before the sun sets. When you pay your $5 entry fee, you will recieve a score sheet. You will give your score sheet to the appropriate judge when you are getting ready to run a course. He will score you, then give it back. Keep this sheet with you all day and return to jason when you've completed all 3 courses so he can get scores tallied up for the shootout. If you lose your score sheet during the day, it's your problem.

We'll run 3 courses in each class, then do a top 5 shootout for both classes at the end of the day. 2.2's will go first.

We need judges to step up for the super class and the 2.2 class. Any takers?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
Just got off the phone with jason. We are going to try the "free crawl" format for this comp. Which means people will volunteer to hit whatever course they want, whenever they want. Please help keep the flow going throughout the day by getting in line and running courses as soon as you can. With as many people attending comps as we have lately we need to keep the flow going to finish before the sun sets. When you pay your $5 entry fee, you will recieve a score sheet. You will give your score sheet to the appropriate judge when you are getting ready to run a course. He will score you, then give it back. Keep this sheet with you all day and return to jason when you've completed all 3 courses so he can get scores tallied up for the shootout. If you lose your score sheet during the day, it's your problem.

We'll run 3 courses in each class, then do a top 5 shootout for both classes at the end of the day. 2.2's will go first.

Hmmmm. Interesting. It could be total pandamonium. I kind of hope so.

What type of pens will be used for scoring? Sounds dangerous. I can see some people, namely Patrick and Rob and Kris and Dan and Johnathan and Jason and You and Me and Chris and Stan and...........using some type of erasable pen and changing their scores. Bastards!!!!...oh yeah....Aaron too! He's a cheater also.

Also.....who in the hell will offer themselves up first to the "first to crawl on the course gods"? Not me!!!

What if I want to run and there is someone in front of me. Can I push them out of the way, onto the ground and then take their spot? Any points lost for this? What if he lands on a gate?

Those are just some things right on the top of my head. I'll think of more questions later.....after 12 or 13 more beers.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I really like the sound of that. Will the judges know how many people need to run or can they walk away when nobody else lines up?
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Oh! I already have another one!

You call it the Free Crawl.
I am going to take that as meaning a free entrance.

I am crawling for free tomorrow and will spend my $5 at Safeway! Nice
Personally, I'm getting 5 loafs of hot and steamy French Bread. They always pull it out of the oven at noon!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

I like the idea of having a separate score sheet for each person. It can be a pain trying to score 30 people on one sheet. The free crawl sounds interesting but it may get chaotic. I won't be able to judge or compete this time, I cant be there the whole day. :-( But I will stop by and say hi.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:13 PM   #119
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler View Post
Hmmmm. Interesting. It could be total pandamonium. I kind of hope so.

What type of pens will be used for scoring? Sounds dangerous. I can see some people, namely Patrick and Rob and Kris and Dan and Johnathan and Jason and You and Me and Chris and Stan and...........using some type of erasable pen and changing their scores. Bastards!!!!...oh yeah....Aaron too! He's a cheater also.

Also.....who in the hell will offer themselves up first to the "first to crawl on the course gods"? Not me!!!

What if I want to run and there is someone in front of me. Can I push them out of the way, onto the ground and then take their spot? Any points lost for this? What if he lands on a gate?

Those are just some things right on the top of my head. I'll think of more questions later.....after 12 or 13 more beers.
I just got off the phone with jason again................we volunteered DD to go first on every course. Then, we'll continue with the free crawl as planned.

Slugz, we will stress to everyone again before the comp to keep a few guys in line at each course. I know a couple of the OG's will step up and start it off. I'll even volunteer to go first on one course.

We will also keep as list of who paid and recieved a score sheet. We'll use DD's blood in our pens, so no one can tamper with their scores.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just got off the phone with jason again................we volunteered DD to go first on every course. Then, we'll continue with the free crawl as planned.

Slugz, we will stress to everyone again before the comp to keep a few guys in line at each course. I know a couple of the OG's will step up and start it off. I'll even volunteer to go first on one course.

We will also keep as list of who paid and recieved a score sheet. We'll use DD's blood in our pens, so no one can tamper with their scores.

NO FRENCH BREAD FOR YOU........OR JASON!