Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

View Poll Results: What day for the GR comp?
Comp on Saturday and screw around on Sunday 19 100.00%
Comp on Sunday 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Green River Comp

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #1
Colt Python/SR9c

Default Green River Comp

OK, so it's time to get the ball rolling so people can make arrangements and stuff for work and crap... it was mentioned before that the GR Comp will be held sometime in Oct. which sounds good, but when?

also, due to alot of people driving down and up to this event, what day should the comp be on? I say it should be held on a Sat. and then everyone can screw around or whatever on sunday. That way for the people that have 4-5 + hr drives home,they ain't getting home at 1-2am and have to work monday morning. Almost everyone was already down there on saturday at the last event anyway.
That way people can leave on sunday whatever time they want and get home at a decent hour.

so vote for what day you want the comp to be on. then we can go from there on dates
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Either day is good for me, but I'm only an hour away.....

So considering what you said Twisted.. I agree. Saturday sounds good.

Heavy
Old 07-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
MODERATOR™

I'm voting Saturday too. Getting home late, having to go to bed, then the next thing you know, you're at work. I hate that.

I hope to make it. Fibula bone's condition will be the determining factor.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #4
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
Fibula bone's condition will be the determining factor.
you aint getting out of this one
Old 07-11-2005, 07:50 PM   #5
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
I hope to make it. Fibula bone's condition will be the determining factor.
How's the ankle feeling today? And the sunburn?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

Well, 4 Advils every five hours or so helps both my ailments.

And the Vicodin and Sam Adams beers are doing me good right now!

Thanks for asking.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 PM   #7
Colt Python/SR9c

I have some percocets or methadone for ya you will feel no pain at all

but so far, looks like Sat is the day to have the comp. so hopefully highmark and fish will see this and take the hint since they seem to be the ones taking on GR this year
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Comp on Sat and screw around on Sunday sounds like a plan to me as long as I have a place to crash. I guess I could bring a tent...
Old 07-11-2005, 08:18 PM   #9
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefordmccord
Comp on Sat and screw around on Sunday sounds like a plan to me as long as I have a place to crash. I guess I could bring a tent...

we all stayed at the motel last time, but it was colder than a witches tit. this time I will bring the tent and just camp out down there. Hopefully we can get David(emaxximus-believe that was his name) to bring his generator again(well his boss'generator)
Old 07-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
but so far, looks like Sat is the day to have the comp. so hopefully highmark and fish will see this and take the hint since they seem to be the ones taking on GR this year

So are you running it or is it me and Fish? If it's going to happen then we need a set group to do things not random posts by random people stamping out the details before the even is even officialy announced.

Thanks for stamping out the day though

It's always been a guessing game there-half the people like to take off work friday and drive down then spend the night do the thing and go back sunday. Others liked comming down Saturday then doing the thing Sunday and taking monday off to drive back.

But clearly Saturday is the better day.

Right now I've talked to a few people that are willing to help out be we still need a few volunteers.

We need at least two more people that are willing to either judge or keep score. The more the better because the plan is to have at least two-hopefully three or four groups of two (one person to mark tallies-keep score) and another to call out penalties. These groups will be rotated so that everyone has a chance to run and no-one gets to tired.

So anyone who wants to help out there-please contact me.
The only requirement is that the judges will need to have a FIRM grasp on the rules.

Just be pacient, the official announcment with dates and times will be up soon
Old 07-11-2005, 10:48 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I got a new ESC and a 6/32 tap, so I'm good to go!

Looking forward to it

Saturday would be cool
Old 07-12-2005, 08:51 AM   #12

sweetness... maybe by that time i'll have another rig built thats compworthy.

get a date established so i can put it in for a vaca and not get roped into working yet again.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:45 PM   #13
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark
So are you running it or is it me and Fish? If it's going to happen then we need a set group to do things not random posts by random people stamping out the details before the even is even officialy announced.

Thanks for stamping out the day though

It's always been a guessing game there-half the people like to take off work friday and drive down then spend the night do the thing and go back sunday. Others liked comming down Saturday then doing the thing Sunday and taking monday off to drive back.

But clearly Saturday is the better day.

Just be pacient, the official announcment with dates and times will be up soon
well i could care less who runs it. I just wanted to get an idea of what people wanted to do. last I heard, you guys were gonna make it on a sunday.Might as well get ideas going before you actually make up the event.That way people can start getting time off work to come down. no need for this last minute stuff. so 15 people have voted for saturday, but yet you guys would have possibly made it on a sunday.But you go ahead and have your set group do stuff. I can make a post about GR all i want.I know you like to take you sweet time on things and some things not even get done, so do whatever you want
Old 07-13-2005, 06:20 AM   #14
06 Super National Champ

If I go (Should) I'll be bringing the wife and kids again.

I'm down for a Saturday comp, would have to take Friday off for travel, compete Saturday, and head back Sunday.

At the last GR Comp I thought I remembered Highmark saying that he wasn't going to bother comp. I thought Wes said he was going to put one on this fall.

Like Jeremy said, doesn't matter who runs it (I'll help judge/keep score/whatever), but it would be a good idea to get some dates nailed down so people can schedule time off, etc.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:36 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

I voted for Comp On Saturday.
Currently I cant say I will make it 100% , But I am going to try.

Would rather be able to drive back Home either late Sat or early Sunday.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Twisted I'm personaly glad that you made the post and got the ball rolling and are getting the people on here to say when they want the comp to be.I feel that there SHOULD NOT be one set group of people to organize the event that can only exclude people in every way and make hard feelings that arent needed.As far as the set group of people goes I guess I was one of them yet I still feel left out so I say to hell with that.If anybody has any imput on how they think the juding and gates or anything needs to be done PLEASE say something the only way the comp can and will ever be better is from you guy's input.I am a local for the green river crawl and if anybody needs any info or pics of the damn just ask.I am only here to help.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
well i could care less who runs it. I just wanted to get an idea of what people wanted to do. last I heard, you guys were gonna make it on a sunday.Might as well get ideas going before you actually make up the event.That way people can start getting time off work to come down. no need for this last minute stuff. so 15 people have voted for saturday, but yet you guys would have possibly made it on a sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta

I'm down for a Saturday comp, would have to take Friday off for travel, compete Saturday, and head back Sunday.

At the last GR Comp I thought I remembered Highmark saying that he wasn't going to bother comp. I thought Wes said he was going to put one on this fall.

Like Jeremy said, doesn't matter who runs it (I'll help judge/keep score/whatever), but it would be a good idea to get some dates nailed down so people can schedule time off, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syco133
I feel that there SHOULD NOT be one set group of people to organize the event that can only exclude people in every way and make hard feelings that arent needed.As far as the set group of people goes I guess I was one of them yet I still feel left out so I say to hell with that.If anybody has any imput on how they think the juding and gates or anything needs to be done PLEASE say something the only way the comp can and will ever be better is from you guy's input..

Okay then, lets roll with that.

WE, need a date. It's obvious that everyone wants to do it on a Saturday and sometime in the fall.

So, who'se going to start the poll?

As for Wes, I don't know. Last time I talked to him about it he seemed reluctent at best, but that's been a few weeks ago and I dont want to talk for him-I think he has the net now?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:41 PM   #18
Colt Python/SR9c

well I know I have heard alot of people talking about them having stuff to do in August. Either the beginning of or end of August, so that would shoot out that month.Besides that is a short notice for people.

So what's people think about Oct. 1st ? Have the Green River Pumpkin bash But that way people have at least 2-2 1/2 months to be able to take off work and get all details situated and it still be decent weather out to camp for people. Seems that with more of a notice, the better chance for more people to be there.Since we will be doing the comp on Saturday, we can start it at 11am. We WILL have a "drivers meeting" at 11 and walk through the course and get everything situated this time. That way there will not be any questions or passed judgements because people wasn't aware of things.

anyone else?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:45 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark
As for Wes, I don't know. Last time I talked to him about it he seemed reluctent at best, but that's been a few weeks ago and I dont want to talk for him-I think he has the net now?

I also talked to Wes, and he seemed a little wishy washy to me also! Highmark, wants a few people to help keep things rolling! He has asked me to help, but we need others to help also! We learned alot from the past GR Comp! This one should be 100% better!

I will be there Sunday also to do battle with any of the "TSRCRC BOYS" up for the challenge!

Are any of my SERCRC bothers with me!

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 07-13-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #20
RCC Addict

I also talked to wes and with his races happening he cant do everything so it seams to me that it is everybodys crawl now.which I think is a good thing.I will help anyway I can judging or what ever.If anybody has a scoring system worked out or a judging system that works really good we need those ideas please.1 person cant do everything we saw that the last time.Dont be shy speak up.WE NEED YOUR HELP.
Closed Thread