Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: VARCOR 2008 Point Series Event #6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #21

hey just a q? last time i parked over the curb but is there a place to park a car ? the wifes gas burns better lol.
banchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #22

number 6 was fun even with problems.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Well I definitely had a good time Sunday. Even though it was 103 degrees outside, all that shade down by the creek really helped things out. It felt like a 10 to 15 degree difference from the sun on top of the hill to the courses in the shade.

I'm glad so many of you came out and hope everyone enjoyed themselves. The courses were setup pretty well in my opinion. And the time limits chosen for each one seemed to work out well.

Randy should be posting the results soon. I'm not sure how much movement there was positionally but we'll see once he gets the overall points updated.

Only one more event left next month so get your trucks ready.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #24
varcor.org

After the 6 events, here are the top 10 drivers in the VARCOR 2008 Point Series Championship.

1. '04 Rubicon
2. Swell Searcher
3. Mariner
4. LukeBuffington
5. Banchee
6. Rckcrshr
7. ChargerGuy
8. Crawldad91
9. Robb
10. Riffister

The overall standings are here.

Our series is continuing with one more comp in July followed by GTG/cookout in August. This season, we're keeping the top 6 scores to determine the inaugural VARCOR 2008 Point Series Championship standings. After the series is over, we'll have more GTG for both scalers and comp rigs, alike.

We have a long stretch until Comp #7. That's 5 weeks for rebuilding, tuning, and practicing with your comp rig. I believe the last comp will be at Pony Pasture, Crawldad91 and BJ's home tuff.

'04 Rubicon (Mark) has clinqued 1st place honors. Congrulations.

If you have superstitions, please do not read beyond this. All other positions are still up for grabs. I still have that bulls eye on my back with Mariner and LukeBuffington gunning for 2nd place while 3rd place can be claimed by 5 drivers (myself, Mariner, LukeBuffington, Banchee, and Rckcrshr). The top 5 has 8 drivers fighting for positions (myself, Mariner, LukeBuffington, Banchee, Rckcrshr, ChargerGuy, Crawldad91, & Robb).

In my free time, I created some simple statistics bested on the best and worst possible scores and how that could affect your placing. You can click here to see them.
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by swell searcher View Post
'04 Rubicon (Mark) has clinqued 1st place honors. Congrulations.
Holy Crawlers....Does that mean that I do not even have to show up for the last event and I'd still win? I did not know that, sweet.

Thanks for compiling this list Randy, and for the proposed outcomes. Helps put it into prospective for everyone.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #26
varcor.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Rubicon View Post
Holy Crawlers....Does that mean that I do not even have to show up for the last event and I'd still win? I did not know that, sweet.
yeah, basically you have me by 17 if i ran a perfect 3 course run and you didn't show up. but i know you will still show up... you won't let me win the final comp of the series but default... LOL
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #27

way to go mark.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by swell searcher View Post
yeah, basically you have me by 17 if i ran a perfect 3 course run and you didn't show up. but i know you will still show up... you won't let me win the final comp of the series but default... LOL
I'll be there for sure. What this 'default' talk, I think John or a couple of the other guys might think differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banchee View Post
way to go mark.
Thanks Butch!