RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Competitions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/)
-   -   mag coverage? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/129294-mag-coverage.html)

obijuan 07-29-2008 04:52 PM

mag coverage?

anyone know anything on the mag coverage, specifically from crawl? "thumbsup"

Grizzly4x4 07-29-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obijuan (Post 1280627)
anyone know anything on the mag coverage, specifically from crawl? "thumbsup"

Tim was there and shot pictures. :flipoff::ror:

obijuan 07-29-2008 08:44 PM

yeah lots of em! i want to see some printed!

Grizzly4x4 07-30-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obijuan (Post 1280930)
yeah lots of em! i want to see some printed!

:ror:
I have not heard from Tim as far as what issue it'll be in yet, but he plans to get it in. Hopefully he'll let us know.

tmyjeeper 07-30-2008 11:36 PM

Soon. :lol:

obijuan 08-17-2008 07:16 PM

cmon man! dont leave us hangin! crawl is hard to find around here, we need to know!

tmyjeeper 08-17-2008 09:07 PM

It isn't in issue 16, which was just printed. I am doing my best to get it into 17, which you should see sometime around Halloween."thumbsup"

Ty@Tekin 08-18-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmyjeeper (Post 1307377)
It isn't in issue 16, which was just printed. I am doing my best to get it into 17, which you should see sometime around Halloween."thumbsup"

:-P The comp was like 3 months ago!!

I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas! :lol:

rbgerrish 08-18-2008 09:02 PM

The latest issue of RCCA has the Proline event. I was hoping to see some Montana stuff in one of the big RC mags...

obijuan 08-18-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmyjeeper (Post 1307377)

thanks tim! im very excited to see the coverage! i seriously cant wait, its gonna be awesome!

STANG KILLA SS 08-19-2008 11:05 AM

good to see your still alive matt.
who knows maybe ol blue will make it in!

jason 08-19-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbgerrish (Post 1308849)
I was hoping to see some Montana stuff in one of the big RC mags...

I expect we'll be seeing a lot of it here real soon with all the magazines Ben had there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimoger
Magazines that will be covering the event so far:

RCdriver
RCCA
RCworld
4 Wheel and off road

Local newspaper will do 3 day coverage, helenair.com
Local TV will do 2 nights on the news also. beartoothnbc.com

1BadJeepBruiser 08-19-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 1309613)
I expect we'll be seeing a lot of it here real soon with all the magazines Ben had there.

:shock:

slobin3d 10-26-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 1309613)

Originally Posted by Unimoger
Magazines that will be covering the event so far:

RCdriver
RCCA
RCworld
4 Wheel and off road

Local newspaper will do 3 day coverage, helenair.com
Local TV will do 2 nights on the news also. beartoothnbc.com

Jason is right, Ben and I had several commitments from media, however, we did not follow up right before the event and most of them were no shows.

In their defense, some of them did email us. Jason from RCdriver had a major conflict at the last minute, not his fault and he genuinely felt bad about it and he even called us to let us know. 4 wheel and off road has a rep in missoula montana, he was there sat , had his camera, he told me there may be 1 or 2 pics in a small readers rides section in their mag, but don't expect much. RCCA emailed and pm'd and said that they were sending Matt out, we did not see him and we did not hear from him either. Rcworld, we also did not hear from at all. We did get newspaper and TV coverage as promised.

Tim Magee from " Crawl " mag also came, and he took pics, he said that they will be in issue 17 of crawl this year. Due out around halloween.

Next year we will let whatever media reps who plan to attend post up so that others will know., they are all memebers on rcc. We did not do our best at media coverage this year, and we know this. I think we also got some of our facts incorrect in the newspaper media. That would be our fault also, good chance we were running on a major lack of sleep, but that is NO excuse for mis-repped info. That will not happen again. This is one of those learning expierances and we will do it much better next year.

Thank you to all who did come and cover our event, we are very grateful. We are sorry that we did not do our best job with the others.

MSD -

JasonInAugusta 10-26-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slobin3d (Post 1398936)
Jason from RCdriver had a major conflict at the last minute, not his fault and he genuinely felt bad about it and he even called us to let us know.

I think pissed would be the correct terminology. :lol: