Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Coverage from todays crawling by the Green River-PICS ADDED

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2004, 09:33 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Coverage from todays crawling by the Green River-PICS ADDED

The pics are uploading (all 100 or so of them )

We set up two courses, the first was extremely difficult and no one made a clean pass (we ended up running it two times) the second course was slightly easyer but had a very steep and tall climb in the middle with a tight squeze afterwards followed by a waterfall and an optional gate that was very tight and steep with a ledge to the side that cought almost everyone's tires.

Here are the overall event standings:
1st: Jason in Augusta with his Flammed Gecko
2nd: Highmark with "El Mule"
3rd: CSR with his "nearly stock" TXT-1
4th: 4XADICT with "Overkill" or The buggy

Scores
Jason in Augusta: 260
Highmark: 220
CSR: 190
4XADICT: 120

Course 1 run 1.

Jason's first run went very well, he cleared the second gate which no one else could get up and went on to make the 3rd, but there was a huge drop off proceded by a hole that swollowed his rear axle so he was fourced to reposition. While attempting the fourth gate his FWD died and he then rolled off a ledge so he was forced to reposition at the gate, he then tried to make the steep climb up to the 5th in reverse and got no where so his first run was a DNF

I I was unable to clear the first gate so I repositioned in front of it and made my way to the 3rd gate. I droped off a ledge insteed of staying on it like I should have, I then attempted the large drop/hole that swallowed Jason's clod and lost both drive shafts when I tried to right it after I rolled.

CSR had problems with the 2nd gate so he eventualy had to reposition in front of it, he cleared the small ledges in front of gate three farely easaly and made his was to "THE HOLE" where like everyone else he was swallowed, so he to repositioned in front of the gate and made his way to gate 5 (he was the only person to make it beyond gate 5 on there first run)which he cleared without alot of drama and then went to gate 6. Gate 6 wasnt nice to hime however so he repositioned and made his way to gate 7 where he had some problems with a small tree that really liked his front axle, but he did make it past and threw the finnish line.

4XADICT had some problems with his drive shafts poping off nearly the entire event and couldnt make gate 2 so he went on to gate three where he blew both drive shafts and eventualy had to call it quits.

Course 1 run 1:

Jason's second run was the same as the first with the exception of being able to get past gate 4, he then went on to gate 5 and 6 which he cleared as well and then went to the finnish line.

My run was the same as the first as well until gate 3 which I was able to clear without alot of problems, I then inched my way down a rock to the side of the drop off and attempted to come up and past the fourth cone but I started to slide of the ledge and the speed control killed over preventing me from comming back up. I then made my way to gate 5 which I was able to clear and skiped gate 6. Gate 7 was relitivly easy because unlike everyone else I could squeze by the tree but I lost my front drive shaft and had to make the finnish in 2wd.

CSR made basiclly the same run with a few less roleovers and was able to finnish the corse, due to some great driving, then right as he made gate 7 his battery conked out and he had to inch his way accross the finnish (FOOT! )

4XADICT did some fast repare work on his buggy but still had the same drive shaft problems, this time however he was able to get to gate 3 where he had the same problems as the other rigs in "THE HOLE". Yes you read right it even swallowed and Kong tire Xfactor axle buggy . He made sevral attempts at it but lost the drive shafts and had to give it up.

Corse 2

Jason made good progress up until gate 3 where the sheer rock face caused him to role over a number of times. He eventualy bypassed this gate and went on to gate 4 where he had a few problems fitting threw but made it eventualy. He then went to the "Y" section, on one side there was a waterfall roughly 12" tall with slick rock that was nearly vertical and on the other another nearly vertical but shorter and more narrow wall with a large rock to the side that ate everyone's tires. He made sevral attempts and but eventually (to everyone's amazment) made it up.

I started off pretty well clearing all of the gates without alot of mistakes untile gate 3 where I drove half way up and realised that I would flip because of my wheelbase. I bypassed the gate and made it to gate 4 where I made it threw once I was lined up and went on to gate 5 which I was unable to get up even after sevral attempts.

CSR made the the first and second gates and went on to the third which he made a good attempt at getting up but rolled a couple of times. Although he rolled he saved it from rolling around 3-4 times which made for a good show. He did however have to bypass the gate and went on to gate 4 which gave him a few problems because of his 2ws but he eventaully made it with a little effort. The rest of his run was made trying to get up gate 5 where he made his truck look alot like an acrobate self righting around 7-10 times

4XADICT had alot more luck on this corse and was able to clear gates 1 and 2 after squezing the Kongs threw a few tight spots. He then almost made gate three but after rolling it a few times went on to gate 4 where he had some problems fitting but eventualy got threw with alot of work from his independent 4ws. Gate 5 was a little tight for him so after a couple of attempts he made a run at the waterfall and really got use scared when it roled bacwards into everyone watching.

A big thanks goes to everyone who showed up!
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2004, 01:47 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Coverage from todays crawling by the Green River.

Well I finaly made it home. Thanks Highmark for putting this together and finding an awsome place to crawl, even with all my shaft problems I had a blast. Hope everyone made home safe.

I`ll try to get a few pics up tomarrow.
4XADICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:02 AM   #3
06 Super National Champ

Made it back at 3:30 eastern.

I had a blast! Was fun to get together and crawl in such a cool area.

Highmark's dad was a lifesaver with the sodas.

I still can't believe I made that last gate on the 2nd course.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:17 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Glad to see you guys made it home okay, yeah I had a blast beating the poor TLT to death! Thanks to everyone who showed up, I know you guys had ALOT more drive time then I did.

Pics!

4XADICT's buggy "Overkill"

CSR's TXT-1

My TLT "El Mule" (only pic I shot all day )

Jason's Gecko

Jason's (work in progress) Boyer Scorpion

Drive shaft problems 8O

I'll have the ones from course 2 up sometime today, it takes forever on dial up
Old 08-09-2004, 06:00 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Coverage from todays crawling by the Green River-PICS AD

nice pics yall, i like all them trucks but for some reason the TXT1 and the TLT are my fav ones i like the way there setup i dunno what it is about them though but them just are amazing same with the Buggy of 4XADICT, man i wish i was there those rocks looks like alot of fun :P
MudBoGGinMaxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Here are some I took on course 1.

This hole swalowed everything !
Old 08-09-2004, 11:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Course 2

The course and score keepers stand.

Tight Squeez.

Jason showing us how its done at the last gate.

The TLT fit nicely.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:21 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

How did the Kongs work? I like that tread style I keep telling myself I should have kept the tread bars the same length but what can ya do....

That spot looks like a good place to crawl... It's just too bad we all live so far away from eachother, it'd be fun to go head to head with all these good looking trucks.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:33 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

The kongs did pretty well, and thanks for the inspiration on the tread. They griped enough that I couldn`t keep the shafts together.
Yeah it would be prety cool if we could all get together sometime and crawl. We should all try to get something big togther for next year something centraly located.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:04 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Those pics are great!
Man, we need to come down that way to crawl!!
Come on Twisty...
Rufies97XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:51 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Cool pics 4XADICT, they do a good job of showing everything mine didnt show (and mine didnt show alot ).

I agree it would be great if we could all make it to once place, might be interesting finding somewhere but it would be great to do it!

Rufies yes you do! I dont think any of us is really certain when we'll do it again (we may need a new post to figure it out ) but I think a big one twice a year as Jason sudgested would work well and maybe some "minis" in between for the guys who dont have to drive for three days

I think my TLT might go tuber next time you guys see it
Old 08-10-2004, 10:40 PM   #12
06 Super National Champ

I might actually have 4 of the same tires and wheels by next time. :(

4XADICT...we both know that last gate on the 2nd involved a good bit of luck...who was it that said "Some good driving and a little luck"? I think it might've been the other way around. If I had been smart I wouldn't have kept trying the obstacles where I kept rolling over. I lost a good bit of points that way.

Twice a year (spring and fall) would be cool for a large crawling comp. Then people could plan well in advance. Don't do it by date, but by which weekend of whatever month...like 2nd Saturday in April or something.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #13
CSR
RCC Addict

You guys just think you had a long drive home..... I didn't get home 'til 2:AM last night! I did take a slight detour thru Gulf Shores, AL on my way home though.

The pics are great! I had some good ones. I plugged the camera into the computer to transfer the images while I was unloading my R/C stuff out of the truck and loading luggage for our Gulf vacation..... got in a hurry accidentally deleted the pics from the camera before they got saved.

I have a few changes that I want to make to my TXT before I go up against you guys again. Longer wheelbase, 4WS, more ground clearance, lower COG.....
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 08:08 PM   #14
The Wheels Keep Turning

looks like some awesome terrain! and looks like you guys had a good time. excellent pics!
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #15
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland
awesome terrain
It's a great place to play! I want to thank Highmark for inviting us up to crawl in his 'backyard'. It was Alot of fun.
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 09:55 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Hah I was wondering where you where (CSR). Bummer about the pics, I should have the rest of mine up this weekend (forgot about that hole "school" thing.

Glad you had fun!

Thanks Kevin!