Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Alaska State Rock Crawling Champinionships

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Alaska State Rock Crawling Champinionships

Alaska State Rock Crawling Championship

Here we go! R/C Crawling has never been this big in Alaska. This will be our State Championship event! This is going to be a blast. Make sure your rigs are charged and ready to rock.

September 13 (Saturday) is when it starts. Sign up will be at 12:00p.m and the comp begins at 1:00.

The entry fee is $20.

* This year we will have five courses.
* Each course will consist of 12-15 gates.
* People will be split in groups of three.
* Each group will have two judges, that takes care of your scores.
* We will have 15-20min brakes between courses.
* There will be raffle going on for the New Team Losi Mini Rock Crawler.
* 1st through 5th places will be awarded trophys.
* Random prize givaways.
* Exhibition events will be held aswell.
* Free BBQing for the whole family. Chips, drinks and snacks will also be available
* Channel 11 KTVA will be there shooting footage aswell as a repesentative from Channel 4 KTUU.
* Flyers are posted on all four corners of the State of Alaska.
* Event is posted on the local newspapers, Craiglist and other great fourms like RCC.
* Fun filled family event, bad language will not be tolerated.
* Parking will be available at the battle grounds
* State permits already taken care of.
* A.R.O.A.R.A. memberships, as well as punch cards,t-shirt, sweaters will be available at the comp
* Everything is all ready to go!
* More details comming soon.

- There will be a whole day of fun runs with gates, on Sunday the 14th. You can confirm attendence on comp day.
- Please keep your wheelbase at 12.5 or under. No 4wheel steering please.
- Please review the rules if your not familiar here: http://www.usrcca.com/rules2008.pdf
- If you would like to help with food, drinks, prizes please let me know here, or via cell phone.
- If you have cameras or a video camcorder, please feel free to shoot additional footage.
- Saftey will be our number one priority, so bring some good grip foot protection, bug dope would also be a good idea.
- Ill be out there early morning to set up the courses and event. If you would like to help please get ahold of me, The team will meet up around 10:00 - 10:30.
- Please bring any type of crawler you have. Supers, scales, minis anything and everything, because when the comp is over, the crawling still continues!

Thank you everyone for a great year of crawling, it will only get bigger in the future. Please bring your family and friends. This will be a fun filled day. Filled with crawlers, food, givaways and lots of fun.We have many sponsors supporting this huge event, We thank everyone for participating and thanks again for the great year! Please contact me personaly or post here for any questions or concerns.

Rocky

AKRCC
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #2
RCC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7rTnjW0b5A

Old 09-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
K_B
I wanna be Dave

K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:06 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Mike! I wanna see you and you buddy at this! Its gonna be a blast!
Old 09-14-2008, 01:02 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Thank You everyone for a great time!!!! I had a blast at the championship event!!! We has so much support and attendence. It was really well played out. I LOVE all those new courses aswell! The food was great. Prizes were awsome and the all competitors were really on there game. I thought we timmed everything really perfect. New surfaces Ive never seen before was a great new experience and something we will use more next year. I see a lot of crazy areas for supers aswell! I would like to take the time to thank a few people that helped make this great event posibble.

* Thank you Ken Best aka K_B for the great awards,flyers and letting us use your set up equipment. We couldnt have done it with out you.

* Thank You Bruce, Tre, Patrick, Ken, for taking the extra effort to help judge today comp.

* Thank you Bruce, Tre, Patrick, and Jim for setting up these crazy well thought courses, I love the field that we were on today.

*Thank You Shane for getting together all this great footage that you and others are putting together. Im very excited to see what you got instore for us!

* Thank you to our very supportive sponsors, Jconcepts, RC4WD, Axial, RCCA, JPCUSTOMSRC, and our very own Anchorage House of Hobbies that helped make this comp funfilled with prizes and givaways. We all love your products and we ALL thank you for all your appreciation toward Alaskas State Championship.

* Most especially, the people that came today. The attendance was spectacular! I happy to say were were all very safe and everyone enjoyed themselves. Thank you for all the pictures and video that I saw that was taken. Im glad everyone got to BBQ and get some great products.

--------

Ill make sure I post everyones FINAL results online. If you would like your personal results for each course just pm/email me and Ill send them your way.

Thank You again everyone and Bruce... I hope you have fun with that Team Losi Mini Crawler you won!

Rocky

AKRCC

All the results, aswell as lots of pics and video comming soon!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:39 AM   #6
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Pichers:

http://www.aroararacing.org/forum/vi...php?f=12&t=288

K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
RCC Addict

ROUND 2 BABY! OCTOBER 5TH (SUNDAY), SIGN UP AT 10:00 AM COMP AT 11:00!

Oh yhea you heard me right. Round two is upon us. The average from round one and two results will determin your STATE CHAMPION!
Yes its gonna be cold but no worries there will still be no snow. This will be the LAST comp for the outdoors. Yesterday AXIAL and RCCA (Radio Control Car Action) sponsor boxes FINALLY came in. They REALLY hooked us up. Ive got HUGE 10' Banners from BOTH sponsors, hats, laynyards, parts bins, tons of stickers, t-shirts, bodies, and even a Brand new AX10 Scorpion for our state champ GRAND PRIZE. Im getting Mike at RC4WD to hook us up with a banner aswell. Im working on trying to get them to send us one of there complete kits! SO if you think you didnt do so well last time around THIS is the time to redeem yourself. If you thought you did pretty good, then this is your chance to keep the lead.

*Its gonna go faster this round aswell;

- Instead of starting off with only 3 judges were gonna start off with 4. The whole comp we will have 4 crawlers going at once.
- The person that designed the course will run it first but someone that feels that you can do it without watching someones line first, is more than welcome to keep the ball rolling.
- We got even MORE people comming to this event than last time! Ive talked to atleast 5-6 more people that are ready for this time around. SO, were gonna have TWO LARGE groups. Two judges per group. After one group gets done, they can go ahead to the next course and keep everything going.
- Instead of 5 courses were gonna have 3. Pre checked so you wont get pointed out your first few gates. (TRE! were not all hardcore like you! )
- Were having time limits. The average time to get through the course will be set and we will add 5 more mins to your time to get through the whole course. This way we dont have people spending 15-20 mins on one gate, while holding up the rest of the crew.

*There will be 1st through 5th again but there will only be ONE victory! Ill have awards for 1st -5th and a nice trophy for the State Champion.
*Ill bring out the BBQ again with even MORE food for everyone.
*Ill have a nice light set up going up, cause I know at the end its gonna be dark.
*sign up is $20. Im working on getting another Losi for a raffle if they get instock before this event.

** SO all you guys that didnt get to show. All you guys that heard about the 1st comp AFTER it was held. All you guys that didnt have there rigs ready!! This is your time! Get out there and fun with everyone! Free food for the WHOLE family and dogs( ).
Everyones gonna be there!

* The footage we get from this round will go into the DVD aswell. Ive been talking with the editors at RCCA and they have set a section just for us! Ken and I are going to work on the article. The nice High resolution pics will be used aswell. We get them the material they will publish it! Im real excited about this. We can put a huge footprint for rockcrawling in Alaska from this coverage. SO, if you got cameras! If you got video! Bring it! Im sure everyone knows how to oporate these things if were into this sport. More coverage the better. *on a side note: sorry about channel 11 last time, Palin was in town and that was supposably big news* pfft! Anyways, we got Shanes skills and thats all we will need to put everyones efforts together.

*Im heading out earily to set up. If you would like to head out earily with me to help set up just let me know.

** You guys got a little more than 2 weeks to get up and running. Make your changes now, buy your rigs now, fine tune everything so your ready.

Thank You everyone and Im really looking forward to see you for the last out door comp of the year!

Rocky
Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
RCC Addict

http://www.axialracing.com/news.php?Id=3579
Old 09-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #9
RCC Addict

** strap up and get ready folks. We got less than a week till this thing goes down! **
Old 08-28-2018, 12:13 AM   #10

Default Re: Alaska State Rock Crawling Champinionships

Is this event still a thing and if so where does it take place?
buehler is offline   Reply With Quote