Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Southeast RC Extreme 4x4 Challenge part 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Southeast RC Extreme 4x4 Challenge part 3

Parts 1 and 2 were held at Gulches ORV Park in Laurens SC.

Ok, the time for the next event is coming. This event will be at the Carolina Crawlin Facility in Spartanburg SC on Oct. 12th We will be out there that weekend doing rides for people at the fair so we figured it would be a great time to have an RC event also. This will help draw attention to the small crawlers as well as the big ones. The event will start at 12 that Sunday with the 1:1's giving rides while the event goes on so if you have a full size 4x4 bring it out and park it near the courses. This event is the third of four in the Southeast RC Extreme series.

There are a few changes for this event. First I need to know who is coming so that you can be cleared to enter the facility. Second I will be taking donations to off-set the cost of running the event.

Classes will once again be:
Scale
Super

For information including directions to the Carolina Crawlin Facility, check out their website at http://www.carolinacrawlin.com.

Basic directions are:
Take business 85 towards Spartanburg. Get off at exit 4 which is the New Cut Road exit. Get onto New Cut road heading East. Follow that until you go under a rail road bridge (careful here, it is a narrow bridge). After the bridge, take a Right on Howard St. Then look for Fairgrounds Rd and take a Right. The entrance to Carolina Crawlin is the first entrance on the Right as you get to the fair grounds.

You may want to get there early as the crowd from the fair may make it hard to get though.

Again: PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU ARE COMING SO WE CAN GET YOU APPROVED TO COME IN.

Scale:
1. Necro

1. Mike (aka CandyCorn)
2. Necro
3. theycallmejam
4. jayndrea
5. Randy Ellis

super
1. Mark

Last edited by snobrder; 09-30-2008 at 06:16 AM.
snobrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

im in for 2.2 and maybe scale.
mental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Sorry, forgot that I also need real names to give the gate personnel. So post your real names also.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Yea wasn't thinking im justin rainey
Old 09-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #5

I am gonna check things to see about going there. My first rock comp.
Jimmy Martin
theycallmejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

you really should try and come mike always does a excellant job setting the events up and laying out the courses
Old 09-24-2008, 05:15 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Trying to convice the wife to let me come to this one. Been waiting a while for it. But now we are supposed to be moving that day. I will find out for sure but count me in for 2.2 as of now. I will find out for sure though.

Jason West
JaynDrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #8

Chops,
You wanna ride with me, I can swing that way to get you, A little help with gas and were good......I now need to e-mail RC4WD to get that part I am missing so I can go and fight for last
Old 09-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #9

Add another guy from the Chaleston area, Randy Ellis
is gonna go using my Diablo too. And he bad mouthed my crawler when I got, now he wants one. And I bet after driving, and seeing the real deal, he will get one....
Old 10-06-2008, 05:50 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Well the event is this Sunday. This is a reminder that if you are planning to run give me your name so we can clear you at the gate.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #11
06 Super National Champ

Might have to make this one.

Might bring the TJ as well.

Would tow it, though.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

may try to make this but as a spectator.
creepingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #13

Can I get a phone number from a local that is going to be there? Tom Tom cant find 575 fairgrounds rd.
Also can we drive up to about where we are going to be crawling? I will need to charge at some point, maybe. Power?
Is it sunday yet?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:03 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmejam View Post
Can I get a phone number from a local that is going to be there? Tom Tom cant find 575 fairgrounds rd.
Also can we drive up to about where we are going to be crawling? I will need to charge at some point, maybe. Power?
Is it sunday yet?
Here is the map from Carolina Crawlins website

It is fairly easy to get to. Take business 85 to exit 4. That is the New Cut Rd. exit. From there take New Cut rd east. So if you were going north on B85 take a right. If you were heading south, take a left. Follow New Cut rd to the second light which is right after going under a rail road bridge. Take a right onto Howard St. then look for Fairgrounds Rd on the right about a mile or so after turning onto Howard St. If you miss Fairgrounds Rd you will see the parking lot for the fair grounds on the right anyway so just turn around and come back to Fairgrounds Rd.

Here is a link to the directions from Carolina Crawlins website http://carolinacrawlin.com/directions.htm
Old 10-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #15

Thanks the the info. I studied that map ( I got it from there website) and I even put in spartanburg on my trip maker on the computer, and studied some more. I may punch in fairgrounds and howard as a cross street, to see what happens. See ya sunday. RC4WD came thru for me, I got my parts and some other stuff ordered. We will be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrder View Post
Here is the map from Carolina Crawlins website

It is fairly easy to get to. Take business 85 to exit 4. That is the New Cut Rd. exit. From there take New Cut rd east. So if you were going north on B85 take a right. If you were heading south, take a left. Follow New Cut rd to the second light which is right after going under a rail road bridge. Take a right onto Howard St. then look for Fairgrounds Rd on the right about a mile or so after turning onto Howard St. If you miss Fairgrounds Rd you will see the parking lot for the fair grounds on the right anyway so just turn around and come back to Fairgrounds Rd.

Here is a link to the directions from Carolina Crawlins website http://carolinacrawlin.com/directions.htm
Old 10-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #16

What is the weather like for sunday up there? Will it be rained out? Lots and lots of rain today and yesterday in the charleston area
Old 10-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmejam View Post
What is the weather like for sunday up there? Will it be rained out? Lots and lots of rain today and yesterday in the charleston area
We didn't have any rain here. Was beautiful all day. Supposed to be sunny and in the 70's tomorrow and Sunday.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Default Count me in

Mike,
Count me in. I thought it was the 11th, but anyway , I will be there. I will do do some advertising as well as compete. (lol) Still learning. I also will try to do the Super Class. I got my torsion Chassis bulit. I want guys to see it perform, but have not got the beadlocks yet, so its not going to do what it is capable of.
Todd
mud-sweat-gears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

I don't think I will be able to make this one. I am having to move tomorrow. Trust me, I would have much rather gone to the comp. Good luck to all and just be glade I can't make it. That way, someone else will have a chance to win!!!

Jason
JaynDrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:47 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

The weather was great for the event but we didn't have much of a turn out. The courses were perfect as they were a good mix, not too hard, not to easy. The concrete made for great traction as seen by the parts it claimed including 2 drive shafts and one knuckle.
I'd like to thank Justin Rainey for coming and running with us. He smoked the first course and was on track to do the same for the second till he broke. He got it fixed in no time but then broke again on the last course. Rough weekend for him but from the way he drove, I'd say he should do very well at other events.
Also Justin Blair came down and tried his hand at RC for the first time and walked away with second place.
Peter Lindley finally got the bugs worked out on his rig and was able to put up some good scores on the courses. A lack of front dig held him back but we are working to correct this.

We also tried a new 'spotter rock' idea that seemed to work great. Each course had one rock that the drivers could use as many times as needed on that course. I used it to help get through a tough spot after the bridge on the first course and Peter used it to get un-stuck from one spot he was in. We may look to use this from now on but may see about a point penalty next time. We will discuss this at the next event.

Final Results:
1. Mike Cole -21
2. Justin Blair 3
3. Peter Lindley 11
4. Justin Rainey 63