Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: MSD Scale Nationals 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
better bring the 1:1 car hauler this time, so you can grab some rust free chebbies.
He lives in Texas.... I'm calling dibs on the Montana ones, he can pick from his own
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #82
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

lol i dont need any more damn chebbies, theyre just as bad the wimmins.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #83
~THE SCALE SHOP~

cant live without them!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Man i would love to attend.. But dang it if it aint a 2100 mile one way trip for me. Gona have to do some serious planing for that one...

My hats off to any one to the east and south of louisiana for making the drive, its alot longer than my drive.
truckerbuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

a question just came to mind. what kind of lodgings are availiable up there? i.e. hotels and such. just wondering... was pricing rental cars earlier, looks like 500 will get me an suv for a week with unlimited mielage.. not a bad deal considering they dont know it would be seeing like 5000 miles in 4 days.. haha..
Old 12-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerbuddy2 View Post
a question just came to mind. what kind of lodgings are availiable up there? i.e. hotels and such. just wondering... was pricing rental cars earlier, looks like 500 will get me an suv for a week with unlimited mielage.. not a bad deal considering they dont know it would be seeing like 5000 miles in 4 days.. haha..
http://www.google.com/search?q=helen...ient=firefox-a
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

this might help:

* Official 2008 Scale Details and Event Schedule *
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Ah.. Thanks guys.. I feek kinda stupid now for not looking at the last year info.. I will be in the corner... :-(

Old 12-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #89
R.I.P. Chip

So just for planning what can we expect? Water just gonna be axle nut deep like last year?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #90
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
So just for planning what can we expect? Water just gonna be axle nut deep like last year?

Yeah, what he said

Also, if there is a 2.2 crawler comp will the courses be actually do-able or fun? The finals course was cool last year, the other courses though...
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Tim, " War Pig " is the course designer and judge manager for the 2009 Scale nationals. He and I are making plans for everything. There will be water that is axle to bumper deep for the scale courses, if the water rises we will make by-passes, but rest assured, they will be much better than 08.

I think everyone knows they need to be WATERPROOF for a national scale comp.

The 2.2 pro comp will have 3 100% doable courses and a finals course. Tim has assured me that they will be tough but 100% doable.

The 1.9 scale comp will be friday all day, 4 shorter courses and a finals course for the top 5. The 2.2 scale comp will be all day saturday, 4 shorter courses and a finals course for the top 5. The 2.2 pro comp will be 3 courses and a finals course for the top 5 on sunday.

on a side note, if the weather agrees with us in 09, we will use the private ground that we wanted to last year. That means we will be up there a few weeks in advance and we have been graciously donated some heavy equipment so that we can actually dig and excavate our own scale courses.

Last edited by Unimoger; 12-16-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Can't wait..I really want to show up this year....
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
Tim, " War Pig " is the course designer and judge manager for the 2009 Scale nationals. He and I are making plans for everything. There will be water that is axle to bumper deep for the scale courses, if the water rises we will make by-passes, but rest assured, they will be much better than 08.

I think everyone knows they need to be WATERPROOF for a national scale comp.

The 2.2 pro comp will have 3 100% doable courses and a finals course. Tim has assured me that they will be tough but 100% doable.

The 1.9 scale comp will be friday all day, 4 shorter courses and a finals course for the top 5. The 2.2 scale comp will be all day saturday, 4 shorter courses and a finals course for the top 5. The 2.2 pro comp will be 3 courses and a finals course for the top 5 on sunday.

on a side note, if the weather agrees with us in 09, we will use the private ground that we wanted to last year. That means we will be up there a few weeks in advance and we have been graciously donated some heavy equipment so that we can actually dig and excavate our own scale courses.
That is straight ballin!

I'm already pumped...
Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #94

OH CHIT! andale vatos!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

The "digging and excavating" sounds fun...
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Tim knows a thing or 2 about how to operate heavy equipment also Should be some great coarses if they follow the lines/style of his RR comp last summer
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yeah, it was nuts deep all right
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
Yeah, it was nuts deep all right
deeeeez nutz!
Old 12-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Sooo, why don't you guys tell me what you want to see this year. Who likes water? How about mud? Rocks? Sand?

The main thing that I want to do this year is make sure that the courses physically hold up to 40 trucks over the course of a day. I don't want the first guys to have an advantage over the last ones.
We will also have separate courses for 2.2 and 1.9. This will help keep the courses from getting so torn up, and will allow the 2.2 courses to be more difficult.
I plan to have 2 or 3 different lines per gate....maybe one with water, another line that will require a winch, etc. I want people to have to think and choose the best line for their own rig.
The courses will be larger than last year, but not necessarily longer. I'd like to keep them to 6-8 gates with 8 minute time limits.
I like to throw in at least one gate that you HAVE to winch through, or risk a large penalty, because I believe that all scale trucks should have a winch.....any thoughts on that?
I like to have a muddy climb as well. Ben, do you have any clay dirt around Helena or should I bring some from Oregon ?

I want this comp to be something that you tell all your friends about back home. I want you to tell them that it was the best scale comp EVER, and that the courses were the best scale courses that you've EVER seen.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks,Tim.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #100

im retarded and cant seem to function a 3ch winch. i probably will not have figured it out anyways, i just never need to use a winch. other than that i prefer muddy rocks and sand is just boring IMO.