Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: SARCCA '08-'09 Winter Points Series Schedule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default SARCCA '08-'09 Winter Points Series Schedule

SARCCA's 2008 Winter Points Series Schedule

During our summer series there has been many people who had spoke out about wishing to hold our comps on Saturdays instead of Sundays. So we will give it a try. Also, there has been a suggestion to hold one comp on Sat. then the next on Sunday, Let's discuss that at our first comp next weekend.

Classes

We will also offer 2 main classes, Pro Comp and Sportsman. The idea here is the Sportsman class will be the competitors who are not as experienced as the Pro Comp class, and would allow the Sportsman class to compete on a more even playing field and a better chance at placing higher in the standings of that class. The Po Comp class will be geared more towards the experienced level competitors. It will be a matter of the drivers choice in which class he/she will compete in, however if it seems that a competitor is displaying an extreme dominance in the sportsman class they could be moved into the Pro Comp class.

A 1.9 class will also be available if there are more than 3 1.9 rigs. This class will be governed by the latest USRCCA rules. This means, even if it is not a Losi Mini Crawlers you can compete as long your rig is in compliance with the new 1.9 specs.

All of these classes will be held at the same locations and on the same courses. However, the Sportsman and 1.9 Classes will have alternate gates that are not as difficult as the Pro Comp gates. But, the Pro Comp gates could be used as bonus gates! You will be allowed up to 2 bonus gates /course and these gates will be scored as an additional gate for a total possible bonus of -2/course.

Scoring Changes

The overall scoring will be a little different this season. We are going to score you as normal with a 40 point max. However you will receive gate bonus's for completed gates. Example, if timeout ou wil receive 40 points and if you time out on gate 3 we will deduct 3 points from the 40 for a total of 37. This will help keep the scoring simple. The series scoring will also be simplified by scoring the top ten will decending scores and all that place below 10th will get 1 point. Example, if you place 1st you will get 10 pts if you place 5th you will get 5 points if you place 10th or lower you will get 1pt. and the competitor with the most points at the end of the season wins. There will also be bonus points awarded for 1st in both Sportsman/Pro Comp and 1.9 Class of an additional 3pts.

Fees

Fee's are assesed for each class. These fees are to pay for prizes of each class and those prizes will be based on 1st 2nd and 3rd finishes in those classes. We are going to try to award prizes at each comp and for the overall points series.

The fee structure is $30 for the Points Series in all classes. If you decide to run in 2 classes you will recieve a $10 Discount/Class. Example, if you run inthe 1.9 class and Pro Comp your fee will be $40 or if you want to run in the 1.9 and Sportsman still $40. And each comp there will a $5 fee for that comps prizes.

Registration

Registration for the Points Series will be on the first comp on Nov. 8th.
We will announce the comps here in the be in the announcement thread here!!competition section as well as on www.SARCCA.com in the forum competition info section.

The Schedule is as Follows:

Comp #1 Nov 8th Texas Canyon 8am
Comp #2 Nov 22nd Sierra Vista/Bisbee 8am
Comp #3 Dec. 6th Windy Point Mnt Lemmon 8am
Comp #4 Dec 20th Gates Pass 8am
Comp #5 Jan 3rd Madera Canyon 8am
Comp #6 Jan 17th Redington Pass 8am
Comp #7 Feb 14th TBD
Comp #8 Feb 28th TBD
Comp #9 March 14th TBD
Comp Finale March 28th TBD

Any Questions or Concerns post up here or PM me.

Last edited by The Real Dogman; 11-04-2008 at 02:50 PM.
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I feel we need some bonus gates for the pro class also. We also need to determine that if you are going to run in the points chase, is that in the pro only? Are we going to run 2 point chases? I also feel that all of last years point runners should remain in the pro class. Once in our top class there is no returning to the lower class. I feel we should still alternate days to add more flexibility. Lastly we need to award points based on position finished. If we have 20 point drivers, I feel it is not fair that 11th place and 20th place recieve the same points. What the point? the could mathimaticly effect the outcome and the end of the season. Sounds like Nascar scoring to me.

Last edited by TK-twister; 11-03-2008 at 05:51 PM.
TK-twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
RCC Addict

There will be bonus lines for the Pro Comp just not sure if there will be at every comp. And the points chase will be for all classes just in the respective classes, no cross over. And yes last years top 5 is in Pro Comp mandatory, but any below top 5 has the choice. and no go backs. As far as the rest bring it up at the comp and we can discuss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-twister View Post
I feel we need some bonus gates for the pro class also. We also need to determine that if you are going to run in the points chase, is that in the pro only? Are we going to run 2 point chases? I also feel that all of last years point runners should remain in the pro class. Once in our top class there is no returning to the lower class. I feel we should still alternate days to add more flexibility. Lastly we need to award points based on position finished. If we have 20 point drivers, I feel it is not fair that 11th place and 20th place recieve the same points. What the point? the could mathimaticly effect the outcome and the end of the season. Sounds like Nascar scoring to me.
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Hmmmmm, guess i need to build a mini now
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote