Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: East coast reigonal comp next year?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: East coast reigonal comp next year?

Fullmod, Tell me where would work best for you? I am not familiar with that part of the country but I'm sure we can find something to accomodate everyone in your area.
aubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2004, 02:08 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I started making calls to the manufacturers today to get things moving promotional wise. I hit Great Planes, Horizon, Traxxas, Imex and several others. Hopefully they will pitch in as well.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:06 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie
What I had in mind guys was north Florida around the Destin area, Georgia around atlanta area, possibly north alabama, central Tennessee around the Nashville area, North Kentucky around Elizabeth Town, Central Indiana, Southern Illinois and something around Vinginia. That would give us a total of 8 competitions hopefully this would cover most everyone. If this is accaptable with everyone let me know and we will start scouting out locations.

Why fool with looking for something around Elizabeth town? From what I've seen there, I can't really say that there's anything really worth not going to Green River. Maybe a few dranage rocks but believe me you can find those anywhere .I may be wronge but it just doesnt seem worth it to me. Another idea place I've been thinking about scouting is Mammoth Cave national park, it's been a couple of years sence I've been there (as in before I got into crawling) but if I remeber correctly it has some exelent spots.

Also instead of Indiana throw in Ohio, I don't really know of anyone in central Indiana but Ohio seems to have quite a few guys.

I can't really say much about the TN thing, I know CSR lives in western TN but other then that I only know of two guys down there. From what I hear there is a scud of 4x4/quad trails down there that could be used if we had someone to scout them.

Another problem I'm seeing is that there is a number of states that don't really have anyone into crawling in them. So just by looking at posts here's my guess as to what would go smoothly

Ky
Ohio
Georgia
Florida (not to many peeps on RcCrawler from Fl , but I know of sevral guys on clodtalk that might be in for it.)
Conneticut
New York
Somewhere around WV/VA/ eastern KY
PA

Those are just the states where I've seen a number of people who would be willing to show up to a comp in. I'm not recomending a competiton in each state but I think they would be a good place to start.

Quote:
But make the final score only count 4 comps that way you could miss 2 and still have a chance. Or for the guys that make it to more than 4, keep the best 4 scores.
There's no way that alot of us could even make four comps, especialy as spaced out as each one will more then likely be. And besides that would give the advantage to the guy who is willing to throw down the frequent flyer miles and cover every compititon. So could we not just use the same rules/point system ect. then take the finnal standings from each event and add them together, then take the number of events that the person attended and devide there point score by that number. Ex.

"Billy" goes to Georiga, FL, and Ky.

In GA he gets a 432
In FL he gets a 100 (he was around wemon in bikini's, it happens)
In Ky he gets a 562

So he would have a 1094 total score, devide that by the 3 comps he attended and you get 364.67

Joe on the other hand has the cash and time to go to all 6 competitions.

In GA he gets a 150
In FL he gets a 50
In KY he gets a 40
In VA he gets a 345
In OH he gets a 30
In PA he gets a 654

So he would get a 211.5 after the math.

So even though Joe went to more competitions he still lost out to Billy who was apperently a better driver.

[/quote]
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:51 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Highmark I think you came up with the right combination.

Florida
Georgia
East Kentucky
Ohio
New york
Conneticut
Pennsylvania

There are several in florida who are interested.

I also like the scoring. That should keep it more than fair.

The next question is does everyone agree on the states. The ones listed pretty much cover everyone from one end of the map to the other.

If no one has a problem with the states I will post it on the other boards in two or three days.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:34 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Highmark,

I agree with your scoring to some degree, but I do think there should be a set number of comps you have to go to to be considered for the series champ. By your example, a guy that goes to one comp and wins would be placed above the guy that went to six. That doesn't seem fair, it is a series not a best one or two scores wins.

Just my thoughts.

Kevin
KrawlerTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:39 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Guys I just got a phone call from Traxxas and they offered to step up and donate prizes for each competition and for the overall winner. My hat is off to traxxas for this.

How ever many comps you make is up to you. I dont think it is fair to require x number of comps and I dont think that is what highmark is saying. Correct me if im wrong and I know you will, if joe attends 3 comps his score would be divided by three to give him an overall score which should be in line with the person who only can attend one comp.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:57 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie
How ever many comps you make is up to you. I dont think it is fair to require x number of comps and I dont think that is what highmark is saying. Correct me if im wrong and I know you will, if joe attends 3 comps his score would be divided by three to give him an overall score which should be in line with the person who only can attend one comp.
I'm not saying the math is wrong and I agree that that would make the scores somewhat equal. What I am saying is that is you are going to run a true "series" with an overall winner at the end, then that should be decided by a certain number of comps. If not then treat each comp indivdually and don't worry about a series winner.

If you can only make one or two comps then great, come crawl and have fun. But if you want to be in the running for a series win, then you need to make at least "x" amount of the total comps.

That's just the way I see it. However you all would like to do it is fine, it is just my opinion. And we all know opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

Kevin
KrawlerTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:26 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

That's great news Aubie! I have a feeling everyone will be missing a few half shafts by the end of this Thanks for putting out the effort to get something like this started.

Yeah I can see what your saying by that Kevin, in a true series it would be just as you said it but I don't think we have the concentration of people to do a 100% true to form series. Just another brain fart, how about award acouple of bonus points or something else to help encourage people to attend the compitions if they're really into the whole winning thing (personaly I could care less if I win anything or not ). So I guess what I'm trying to say is award a certain number of points if a person attends a competition then do it again for every other comp they attend, not enough to make attending one a neccesity but enough that it could make a difference and gets people thinking.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:10 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Thanks highmark I explained to traxxas what we were planning and thier question was what can we do to help which blew me away. Hopefully the other companies which I contacted will follow thier lead.

I agree with both of your points but we have to find a happy medium. Some people are able travel to several states and some cant. What is going to be fair? We have 6 months to plan this out but there is still alot of planning to be done. Lets finish up this point and move on to the next.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:40 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Way to go aubie ! Traxxas is the last one I expected to step up.

On the points thing, I agree with KrawlerTJ, and I think Highmark solved that issue with the few extra points for attendence. I realy don`t think there are any of us that will make every date, I`ll probably only make 3 to 5 of the states listed.

Do we have anyone here in the east KY area to set something up ? If not I could probly set up something here in western VA, 75 miles from the TN line 50 or 60 from KY, 25 from WVA line and about 50 from the NC line.

So far so good, keep the ideas rolling.
4XADICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:17 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

4x If you know of a good area in your vicinity that would be great. I plan on being at all the southern and mid events. I have no problem finding the locations and setting everything up for them but it might be pushing it for me to make the northern events mainly NY, PA and CONN. I am trying to work it so that I can be at the northern events also, not to compete but to make sure that everything goes as it should. I started this and I want to see it all the way through from state to state.

Does everyone agree on the states is the next question.

Quote:
Florida
Georgia
East Kentucky or Va
Ohio
New york
Conneticut
Pennsylvania

This covers pretty much everyone that has spoken up from here and other forums. If there is anyone left out please speak up now.

Once we have the main details worked out so that pretty much everyone is satisified. I plan on having an website with all the details, a list of the sponsors and a question and answer section. This will eliminate the bouncing back and forth between all the diffrent boards like I am doing now. 8O
Old 08-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

id be up for a trip!! im sure me n steel head if time allowed would go down. at lest a few hours in some sort of direction

were up here in niagra falls and boy is it wet! haha im so funny it hurts!!

any whooooo thers alot of places to go crawling around here, alot of the state parks and rock citys (notice the plural theres more than one!) out near alegany (spelling bad)

i've been out there a few years back but they might be able to hold some type of comp, although the location is pretty remote..... hmmmm
extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:22 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Hey Albert, what do you think on extremes humor?

If you dont mind scout out some areas when you get the chance and send me some pics.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:32 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

The states looks fine to me, except I think we need something farther west in Ky so the guys from Ohio and most of TN could attend. I can cover the Ky region in terms of location and getting everyone to where they need to go (well I hope I can anyway).

Here's the area we crawled at last time, there's plenty of parking and crawling and a Motel a short drive away.

Dunno if if matters but it's looking like I could make:
KY
VA
OH

and maybe GA but it would take some big time planning
Old 08-26-2004, 07:00 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

That gives us a total of eight states adding Kentucky which is fine. Now we need people from each state to sound of on an area which we could use.

Next on the crawlers themselves pretty much a run what you brought type deal?

Also courses do we want one course for all or do we want a beginner and an advanced course. We could run one course and add bonus gates with a good degree of difficulty to them. These gates would be optional.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:54 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

The states are good I think. Highmark is right, the spot by the Green River is great, woth the 7hrs it takes me to get there, and I think most of the OH guys are in the Cinnci area so that would be good for them as well.

I have some pretty good spots here at my place, my favorit spot may be a little too extreme for a comp though, several spots that range from fairly easy to insane. I`m sure with the help of KrawlerTJ we could come up with some other areas as well.

I say run what you brung, what about the 2.2 guys, nothing against them but they may be at a disadvantage when running the same courses as the bigger trucks, mostly on steep climbs. If say more than 2 or three 2.2`s show at an event mabey have a seperate class ?Highmark may have proved me wrong on this in KY though Also what about Nitro? I know we all assume the everyone crawls electric, but there are some that are makeing the effort to crawl with nitro power. If an event is held in a state park or somewhere similer the athorities may not like the loud smokeing ones too much. Something to think about.

Option gates would be cool.
4XADICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:25 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Due to the some of the comps being held at parks and such I am limiting it to electric only

As for overall attendance for each state what I plan on doing is having a pre-registration for each event. Hopefully this way nothing sneaks up and bites me in the ass and throws a monkey wrench into the works the day of a competition Although I know its gonna happen somewhere down the line.

Lets plan on one course for the clods and such with optional bonus gates (these with a pretty good degree of difficulty) and then one course for the 2.2 guys.

Might as well bring this point up and get it out of the way. This with some people might be a major rub with some people but I hope its not. What will be a fair entry fee. I want the top three finishers in each state and the overall finisher to recieve a trophy. This would be for 2.2 and regular trucks. This translates to roughly 49 trophies and then recognition plaques for those which have put forth the extra effort in one way or another.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:33 AM   #38

I'm going to check out Alleghany State park in NY neer thePA border.There should be plenty of spots.I'll post some pics when I get back. And don't mind Extreme he's fresh out of Monk school and kind of SLOW
SteelHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:22 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

We ran a bonus gate at our last comp...kinda, it was more of an optional thing but it did keep things really interesting at the end when ADICT rolled that big ol' tube buggy down at us of a 16" tall waterfall

ADICT's place sounds likea good spot in VA to me, would you mind taking a pic or two just for the further intisement?

Anywho on to the 2.2 thing, is there anyone else that runs a 2.2 size rig? I have no problem competing with the bigger rigs on the same corse, and I'm working on a much larger rig as we speak. You can expect to see a much longer lower TLT next time aswell

Entry fee wise, I don't like it (but you know that ) but no more then $10 per truck or person. I don't really like the idea of trophes or paying for them, personaly I would rather the money go torwards a website or free photo hosting for those who compete. I also think that driveing for 7 hours then turning around and paying $$ to compete is a bit much and would scare people away. Just my thoughts though :(

Welp I'm going to start on drawing up some rules for you guys to pick to death

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...rch=++Search++

Here's jur map quest link to the place in Rochester
Old 08-29-2004, 07:07 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

50 points for gate - Must DRIVE three wheels through gate in line with boundary offence guidelines. Gates will be line rather than dot. No drive, no points.

100 points for optional bonus gate- gate should be set up after the corse has been run by all competitors for those who wish to attempt it. All four wheels must be driven through the gate and you are only alowed one attempt. If the driver fails there will be a 50 point reduction from there finnal score.

-25 points for a rollover - Complete rollover or requiring reposition. Reposition to be done by marshall where the truck lays. If truck falls on side and cannot use at least three of it's wheels for movement it is deemed a rollover

-25 points for reposition - Marshall to reposition truck within truck length. Gate Points CANNOT be gained for reposition through obstacle/gate.

-50 points for skipping a gate - If demed neccesary by the driver and only the driver the marshall will move the truck directly in front of the gate that was previously skipped

-10 points for repair-in the event that the truck breaks the driver may ether finnish driving the corse with the breakage or he/she may repair the truck for the 10 point penalty, repairs should be done quickly and if they excede 5 minutes the driver will be forced to forfit the run.

I just took some of the Aussie rules and modded/added to them, I really think there should be one person at the event who does all of the judgeing and doesn't compete to keep things even. Also I ddin't even bother to cover the tire size and gate width type issues because I was keeping them as universal as possible

Critque aways yea bitchs