Thread: * Official Rules for 2009 Scale Nationals *

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Just a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
yeah but tubers are now allowed sooo...that pretty much means anything goes..and if a 1:1 exists...any copy of it is by all intent and reasoning a "scaler"
That's right, pretty much anything goes in scale now. In fact, if you even "think" a 1:1 might exist, somewhere in the world, then you might as well build it. It seems like no matter how many rules you write, some people just have to try to get around them.

Last edited by War Pig; 01-24-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

I'll be sending pictures of rigs just in case guys....can't wait till then!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:59 AM   #63
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Just a little.

That's right, pretty much anything goes in scale now. In fact, if you even "think" a 1:1 might exist, somewhere in the world, then you might as well build it. It seems like no matter how many rules you write, some people just have to try to get around them.
Thanks that's awesome, here is the 1:1 that I am basing my scaler off of.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Actually, can we get a little clarification on the tailgate rule?

If it has a full bed, having or not having a tailgate will not affect performance in any way.

I'm sure it is one of those rules with a deeper reason, I'm just not seeing it at the moment.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

And to make it "logical"

This is a scale "trail rig" event...

In 1:1 this

would not compete against this...

Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
Actually, can we get a little clarification on the tailgate rule?

If it has a full bed, having or not having a tailgate will not affect performance in any way.

I'm sure it is one of those rules with a deeper reason, I'm just not seeing it at the moment.
I was discussing that with Ben the other day, and we figured that if the bed has a floor, it's OK to remove the tailgate. I think the whole point to the rule was to keep people from removing the tailgate from Lexan bodies, and seeing all the wiring and the frame lurking in there. Ben can confirm, but that's what I got out of the conversation.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I actually want you to build that rig , just make sure it's only rear wheel drive like the real 1:1 .
That looks like a train with an exo.....
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #68

tim im not "going around the rules" im following them to the letter..even you said it...hell alot of ppl have said it....and continue to say it....

if you think rules are being bent or walked around then some holes need to be filled and thus less headaches and anger will be generated

imo the letters of the rules are FAR FAR to vague...and the expectation has become "cookkie cutter" trucks.....to a point anyway...and the deviation of the cookie cutter trucks get the short end of the stick even if they follow "the rules"
Old 01-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
yeah but toobers are now allowed soooo..that pretty much means anything goes....and if a 1:1 exists..any copy of it is by all intent and reasoning a "scaler"
You have train wrecked the thread on ORCRC, if you plan to do the same thing here, please stay away. I will have the mods remove your posts. I told you if you have no intentions of coming to the event, please keep your useless comments to yourself. Post your issues with your event on your forum, not here.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #70

sooo you can attack my truck and my ideas...but i cant speak up about it...ooo and thretening me with mods LOL

why not hand down some clarifications and fix the problems instead of just saying yes or no
Old 01-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Quote:
sooo you can attack my truck and my ideas...but i cant speak up about it...ooo and thretening me with mods LOL

why not hand down some clarifications and fix the problems instead of just saying yes or no
"if ANYONE thinks of me going to montana..it will never happen in my life time..PERIOD!!! there is no way in hell i could EVER arange it..so get that out of your head if your even thinking it"

-and-

"screw RCC..i hate that place...."

2 quotes by you on your local club's forum

Soooo, if you're not going to Montana and you hate RCC, why are you here trying to wreck this thread? Like Ben said, you did a good job ruining the thread on your local club's forum and you're trying to do the same here
Old 01-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #72

never said i wouldnt send a truck with someone else tho did i.......

and half the time i post here the thread vanishes....so i troll the place and not post unless it concerns me

the rules are being discussed..and aperantly im "not allowed" to join in ...yeah im here just to train wreck the thread...come on if you think id do that intentionaly you need to pull your head out of your....and get to know me better

simple fact..these rules effect a good share of us......and to build a rig within the letter of the ruel only to have ben say its "not allow" without a rule as to why is just BS...now if he wants to put in a "foot note" in the rules that clarifys some of these issues im all for it and would gladly point out the spots that are now called grey areas and toss in some ideas to help iron this stuff out..cause theres obvious issues that need some sorting!!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
never said i wouldnt send a truck with someone else tho did i.......

and half the time i post here the thread vanishes....so i troll the place and not post unless it concerns me

the rules are being discussed..and aperantly im "not allowed" to join in ...yeah im here just to train wreck the thread...come on if you think id do that intentionaly you need to pull your head out of your....and get to know me better

simple fact..these rules effect a good share of us......and to build a rig within the letter of the ruel only to have ben say its "not allow" without a rule as to why is just BS...now if he wants to put in a "foot note" in the rules that clarifys some of these issues im all for it and would gladly point out the spots that are now called grey areas and toss in some ideas to help iron this stuff out..cause theres obvious issues that need some sorting!!!!!
Wow, there is a lot of irony in your username eh?

STFU so we can get real questions answered...

Ben,
Can you chime in about the tailgate rule?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
Wow, there is a lot of irony in your username eh?

STFU so we can get real questions answered...

Ben,
Can you chime in about the tailgate rule?
I will edit the tailgate and door rule.

edited:

If you remove the tailgate, you must have a complete floor and drop bed. If you want to remove your doors, you must run a full interior.

Last edited by Unimoger; 01-25-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
I will edit the tailgate and door rule.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #76
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
There is a lot of going on in here.

My opinion is they have set the rules and if your rig doesn't fall within the rules then make it fall within the rules, otherwise build something else or just go to watch.
Or stay home.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #77
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Or stay home.

I was trying to be nice.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Rules are Rules.
If you don't like it, hold your own event.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #79
PapaGriz Yo

Based on the width of the body, the Proline Ford F100 is about 1/12 scale. That make the tires 51"x22.6" on 23" wheels. The wheelbase works out to 150".
Pepe was meant to look and perform like a TTC rig but even for that it is a bit out of scale. However, with an 1/8th scale Bronco or Rubicon body on the same chassis and tires that changes everything and it becomes a streetable trail rig.

My point is that Pepe was meant to push the rules for the 1.9 class as far as being a "trail rig". Is it still acceptable?
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post

My point is that Pepe was meant to push the rules for the 1.9 class as far as being a "trail rig". Is it still acceptable?
It was legal last year and if nothing major changes I don't see it being a problem this year Griz.
Closed Thread