Notices

Thread: * Official Rules for 2009 Scale Nationals *

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Based on the width of the body, the Proline Ford F100 is about 1/12 scale. That make the tires 51"x22.6" on 23" wheels. The wheelbase works out to 150".
Pepe was meant to look and perform like a TTC rig but even for that it is a bit out of scale. However, with an 1/8th scale Bronco or Rubicon body on the same chassis and tires that changes everything and it becomes a streetable trail rig.

My point is that Pepe was meant to push the rules for the 1.9 class as far as being a "trail rig". Is it still acceptable?
Re-grudge match?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

My point is that Pepe was meant to push the rules for the 1.9 class as far as being a "trail rig". Is it still acceptable?
I say throw some lights on the front and back, and you're good .
Old 01-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #83
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
It was legal last year and if nothing major changes I don't see it being a problem this year Griz.
Thank you Ben. No major changes are planned, just some more scaleness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
Re-grudge match?
Oh yeah bubu lubu, without a doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
I say throw some lights on the front and back, and you're good .
That's in the plan Tim. Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
I will edit the tailgate and door rule.

edited:

If you remove the tailgate, you must have a complete floor and drop bed. If you want to remove your doors, you must run a full interior.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thank you Ben. No major changes are planned, just some more scaleness.

Oh yeah bubu lubu, without a doubt.

That's in the plan Tim. Thanks.
I'm not sure how to react to that....
Old 02-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

I feel like i'm beating a dead horse with this post, But if you don't mind I would like your input. My rig is a 2.2 "semi scaler" by scale standards, and after reading over the rules the only things I can find on the rig going against the rules is : No interior, the batteries on the axles, steering servo on the axle" which is only a point loss" I think..., and possibly the track width. Here is a couple of photos, if you see anything else that has to be changed or if it is just completely out of class please let me know:

I really want to make this trip and have also wanted to fly fish Montana for years....so a duel purpose trip sounds perfect....

Just need some clarification before the event so I'm prepared.

Thanks.

Last edited by DORK VADER; 02-08-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
I feel like i'm beating a dead horse with this post, But if you don't mind I would like your input. My rig is a 2.2 "semi scaler" by scale standards, and after reading over the rules the only things I can find on the rig going against the rules is : No interior, the batteries on the axles, steering servo on the axle" which is only a point loss" I think..., and possibly the track width. Here is a couple of photos, if you see anything else that has to be changed or if it is just completely out of class please let me know.
I really want to make this trip and have also wanted to fly fish Montana for years....so a duel purpose trip sounds perfect....

Just need some clarification before the event so I'm prepared.

Thanks.
I think if you move the batteries off of the axles and get rid of the TVP comp chassis, you would be looking pretty good. need to see a body off pic to be sure.

we would love to have you, ask Badger about his Fly Fishing trip here last year at scale nats.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I think if you move the batteries off of the axles and get rid of the TVP comp chassis, you would be looking pretty good. need to see a body off pic to be sure.

we would love to have you, ask Badger about his Fly Fishing trip here last year at scale nats.
Hey thanks for checking it out and I hope to be there with fishing gear. So a frame rail chassis, which is how it should be plus the other stuff and........ I run no Digs just a 3:1 RC4WD reduction unit.... Do you still need a body off photo ??

Thanks again, I tried to PM you with all this crap but yours was shut off..

Last edited by DORK VADER; 02-08-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Hey thanks for checking it out and I hope to be there with fishing gear. So a frame rail chassis, which is how it should be plus the other stuff and........ I run no Digs just a 3:1 RC4WD reduction unit.... Do you still need a body off photo ??

Thanks again, I tried to PM you with all this crap but yours was shut off..
send me a email ------------------------------------------>
Old 02-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Could someone clarify what a functional versus looks only spare tire would be.
When does it become looks only?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon7 View Post
Could someone clarify what a functional versus looks only spare tire would be.
When does it become looks only?
It has to be removable, glued onto the rim (or beadlocked on), and be the same size rim as is on the truck (2.2 truck has to have a 2.2 spare). Basically you have to be able to use it as a spare if you get a flat .
Old 02-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
It has to be removable, glued onto the rim (or beadlocked on), and be the same size rim as is on the truck (2.2 truck has to have a 2.2 spare). Basically you have to be able to use it as a spare if you get a flat .

What if my spare is flat already? Then is it still considered "functional"?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Thanks Tim. I didn't want to get too technical at last comp's discussion lol. Got a super narrow 2.2 I'll stuff in the bask of the jeep then!

Last edited by solomon7; 02-10-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

I've got a question regarding winches....
My plan is to have receivers in my F&R bumpers, and having my winch on a mount that can be slid into either end when it's needed. It would be stored in it's own mount, secured in the bed of the truck when not in use. I am doing this on my 1:1 as well.
Would there be any penalties (Touch?) doing it this way, besides of course the 2+ for winching?
I assume a touch penalty isn't given when a strap is pulled off your truck for a recovery?

Also, tire weight......are they weighed before or after a run to meet tech? I could see guys getting more weight by drilling holes in their rims and filling with water during water crossings....has that been an issue before??

Thanks!

Last edited by HotRodJosh; 03-03-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I find it hard to believe that A. you only own 1 2.2. and B. There is no possible way to get your current 2.2 under 10.5"
well this bites. means that me and a few other guys cant make it. Cause we run wheely king axle and sit at 10 3/4" of an inch. I already told them that i heard it was a blast now can't make it. i hope this rule changes some day so we can.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAKIMA RC RACER View Post
well this bites. means that me and a few other guys cant make it. Cause we run wheely king axle and sit at 10 3/4" of an inch. I already told them that i heard it was a blast now can't make it. i hope this rule changes some day so we can.
Just a heads up. IF the rules haven't been changed (and if they were, I didn't see it). Track width is measured from center of tire to center of tire.

"I don't think doors would be an issue, buT I would like to see a pic of what you're thinking, and we're measuring from the center of the tire to center of tire"

This was taken from post #104 by slobin3d in last years rules thread.
HTH
Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevenP View Post
Just a heads up. IF the rules haven't been changed (and if they were, I didn't see it). Track width is measured from center of tire to center of tire.

"I don't think doors would be an issue, buT I would like to see a pic of what you're thinking, and we're measuring from the center of the tire to center of tire"

This was taken from post #104 by slobin3d in last years rules thread.
HTH
It is outside to outside...
Old 03-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #98
RCC Addict

One small question,

This is my comp scaler. I removed my front stinger, because I don't like the looks. But it still has a bumper up front that sticks past the axles. It just doesn't reach to each side of the tires.

I hope this is ok. Its a hand made welded frame so it would take abit to change.

Thanks

Old 03-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
It is outside to outside...
Thanks for the clarification.
The rules need to be amended to reflect this change.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #100
Pebble Pounder

I'm trying to put a range rover body on my SCX10 chassis and I need to either extend the wheelbase of the body, or shorten the wheelbase of the chassis by about an inch. I was wondering how radical you can get with fender trimming before it gets questionable. Here is a pic, let me know what you think. I really don't want to shorten up the wheelbase of the chassis, I'd rather split the difference between front and rear and trim up the fenders on the body. Here is a pic of the body settin on the chassis. I think I can trim it up and have it look streetable.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread