Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: * Official Rules for 2009 Scale Nationals *

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

I'd just trim the front a little, and the rear a little more. It's close enough that it should look good like that. Here's what I did with my truck and I think it looks pretty scale.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevenP View Post
Thanks for the clarification.
The rules need to be amended to reflect this change.
The rules clearly state "no more than"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
I'm trying to put a range rover body on my SCX10 chassis and I need to either extend the wheelbase of the body, or shorten the wheelbase of the chassis by about an inch. I was wondering how radical you can get with fender trimming before it gets questionable. Here is a pic, let me know what you think. I really don't want to shorten up the wheelbase of the chassis, I'd rather split the difference between front and rear and trim up the fenders on the body. Here is a pic of the body settin on the chassis. I think I can trim it up and have it look streetable.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Keep in mind that "streetable" in Montana is a very broad spectrum...
I saw trucks on the road up there that I would NEVER have seen here in Ohio

the more you hack, the harder it is to keep a scale look, but that's half the fun...

here is my 1.9 for example

my 2.2 class rig in the background has a little less body

And any questions send a email to the guys and they will let you know for sure, better safe than sorry

Last edited by XSRCdesign; 03-21-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #103
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the input guys. I know what you mean about the street trucks here in Montana compared to the rest of the U.S.
We are blessed with law enforcement agencies that really don't care what you run as long as it has a license plate and working lights.

I feel bad for people that live in states with all the smog rules and bumper height rules etc. etc.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:48 AM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
The rules clearly state "no more than"
Yes, that's obvious. But where the 'no more than' was/is measured from is not. I had to dig back into last years rules thread to find any mention of where the measurement was taken. Since the measurement, this year, is going to be taken from 'outside to outside', I think it needs to be mentioned in the rules.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevenP View Post
Yes, that's obvious. But where the 'no more than' was/is measured from is not. I had to dig back into last years rules thread to find any mention of where the measurement was taken. Since the measurement, this year, is going to be taken from 'outside to outside', I think it needs to be mentioned in the rules.
I think us Canadians must have all been taught a different set of terms than the Americans. I ran into these misunderstandings last year.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #106
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Thanks that's awesome, here is the 1:1 that I am basing my scaler off of.

Hey I told you no pics of te new TCC racer until testing is complete.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #107
R.I.P. Chip

Well this sucks.

I read the rules when they were posted, and several times thereafter. I even printed off a copy and have it setting on my desk at the shop that I was using to plan my build. In the last few weeks I have ordered most of the stuff for the build, totalled up I am sitting at almost $800 in this rig.

Tomorrow is my first day off work and I was going to start the build to get it done in time. I decided to open this thread up while I sit here at work to scan over the rules one last time, and now I find that after nearly a month of being posted the rules were changed with no mention of it in this thread except for the edit in the first post.

It would have been nice if someone could have let us know that the rules had changed from when they were posted, it could have saved me from ordering $800 worth of shit that now cannot be used for my rig.

Using my admin powers I can see that the original rules post in this thread has been edited 9 times since it was first put up, with no mention of anyone doing that. If you printed a copy of the rules when they were originally posted and are building your rig to those specs, I'd suggest you look over them again to make sure you are ok. I am back to ground zero, and my rig budget has already been blown.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:23 AM   #108
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Using my admin powers I can see that the original rules post in this thread has been edited 9 times since it was first put up, with no mention of anyone doing that. If you printed a copy of the rules when they were originally posted and are building your rig to those specs, I'd suggest you look over them again to make sure you are ok. I am back to ground zero, and my rig budget has already been blown.
That's what happens when the one making the rules does it by the seat of his pants.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:40 AM   #109
I wanna be Dave

The only things I noticed were the additions of color, and the tailgate and door rule was changed (and mentioned in this thread)

Did I miss something too?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 AM   #110
'08 2.2 National Champ

My 2.2 doesn't have a rear bumper, do I have to add one?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post

we did not write the rule specifying front or rear, so you may use your own discretion Zach.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well this sucks.

I read the rules when they were posted, and several times thereafter. I even printed off a copy and have it setting on my desk at the shop that I was using to plan my build.

Using my admin powers I can see that the original rules post in this thread has been edited 9 times since it was first put up, with no mention of anyone doing that.
I believe the 9 edits were all minor things or re-wording to properly state the rule that was changed.

The tuber rule was one that we did some real work on , but other than that I do not feel there were any major changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
That's what happens when the one making the rules does it by the seat of his pants.
The rules were discussed and voted on by a group of 15 of your peers on this site. They were only edited when that group felt that the wording was incorrect. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #113
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
The rules were discussed and voted on by a group of 15 of your peers on this site. They were only edited when that group felt that the wording was incorrect. Sorry for any confusion.
My peers? Those are your peers rewriting and changing your rules.

I was going to post up the changes you made, but I'll let Jason do that since this affects him more.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
My peers? Those are your peers rewriting and changing your rules.

I was going to post up the changes you made, but I'll let Jason do that since this affects him more.
sorry MY peers
Old 04-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #115
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
Quote:
we did not write the rule specifying front or rear, so you may use your own discretion Zach.
When I read the rule it says bumpers that little "s" at the end makes it plural meaning you must have more than 1 bumper, so unless Zach has 2 front bumpers (Chaman stlye) he does not fit the rules because he has A BUMPER, not BUMPERS as the rule is written.

Quote:
- You must run a complete body, bumpers, including fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained, Fenders may be cut, or flat fendered, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. If you remove the tailgate, you must have a complete floor and drop bed. If you want to remove your doors, you must run a full interior. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the Scale Nationals Committee members.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
When I read the rule it says bumpers that little "s" at the end makes it plural meaning you must have more than 1 bumper, so unless Zach has 2 front bumpers (Chaman stlye) he does not fit the rules because he has A BUMPER, not BUMPERS as the rule is written.
yes, I would agree.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #117
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
The only things I noticed were the additions of color, and the tailgate and door rule was changed (and mentioned in this thread)

Did I miss something too?
The big thing that throws my rig out is on 2/3/9 with no mention at all Ben decided to outlaw MOA axles. I knew everyone would complain about my rig, but I was building it 100% within the rules. This event is a competition and when competitive people such as myself enter into competitions they go over the rules with a fine toothed comb to use them to their advantage as much as they can. My rig was going to have all 25 bonus points, look very scale, and be 100% within the rules.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The big thing that throws my rig out is on 2/3/9 with no mention at all Ben decided to outlaw MOA axles. I knew everyone would complain about my rig, but I was building it 100% within the rules. This event is a competition and when competitive people such as myself enter into competitions they go over the rules with a fine toothed comb to use them to their advantage as much as they can. My rig was going to have all 25 bonus points, look very scale, and be 100% within the rules.
Well that makes sense, I never noticed that to be honest..

I get both sides, personally none of it bothers me, cause all my stuff gets built to how I want to build it, and I'll just take which ever one falls into the rules and performs the best.

But I also understand that not everyone is going for the fun of it, and wants to compete, and also might not have the luxury of building multiple trucks.

Probably a rule that should have been there from the start, but at the same time as I previously stated, I'm not building to bend the rules...
Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #119
'08 2.2 National Champ

So now I have to run a rear bumper?????

Will someone make up their mind already?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #120
'08 2.2 National Champ

This is what is confusing me right now, I'm not trying to cause issues, I just want this cleared up. First line under 2.2 says

This class is for the typical trail rigs, that you have modified quite a bit for off road. You would most likely " TRAILER " these to the trailhead.

Then 2 lines down it says

You must run a complete body, bumpers, including fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained, Fenders may be cut, or flat fendered, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street.

So are 2.2's street rigs or not?

Example, the two jeeps on the left do not have what I would call a rear bumper, they are something you would have to trailer.

Closed Thread