Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: NorCal Season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #21
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerguy
You could run a true Nor-Cal series, a couple of events in your area, a couple just east of Sac., a couple along the 101 route north of the Bay area, say one in the Ukiah area and one in the Eureka area, one up in my area just outside of Redding, one over the hills from me towards the north east corner of Cal. by Susanville. That is a total of 8 events. There are lakes, rivers, creeks, plenty of rock in all those areas. Hold the events on say, the second weekend of each month, starting in April. Just an idea.
That would be fine by me except that would require guys that live close to those areas to do proper scouting.

Also, who lives in Eureka, Ukiah?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

I dont think Big Red will make it to Eureka on his bike.
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:25 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Some of our members (3 that I can think of) do not have drivers licenses. So that is hard for them to travel.

To get people to show and not have the numbers dwindle we need to keep the rules on the rigs sorta open or no one will show. We need to be inclusive and not exclusive and build the group.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY
To get people to show and not have the numbers dwindle we need to keep the rules on the rigs sorta open or no one will show. We need to be inclusive and not exclusive and build the group.
I agree. If we don't tailer the classes to Nor-Cal then Sam and I won't be able to compete with his 2.2 Tuber and my Bruiser.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
How many of you guys up in redding actually have a drivers licence and do not have to rely on mommy to drive you to a comp?
Maybe you should look at someones profile before making such a remark. At 27 I don't rely on mommy or daddy, but my three little girls rely on me and my wife of almost 7 years. So no, I'm not some puck kid, neither are the other three guys I 1:1 and rc crawl with, and the other rc crawlers in this area might be kids, but they drive, and none of us have a problem doing a little driving to get to an event. The point of spreading it around is that at some point everyone will have to do a little driving. I totally understand only having a series in your area, we've talked about that same thing in our area. If you guys are going to be at the Folsom Comp., I'd like to discuss maybe a larger series, something that would cover the complete Northern part of the state. For me this would be a major plus, 1:1 crawling right now. That means towing my rig up to 18 hours spending tons of money on fuel, parts, food, tools, etc. With rc crawling in Nor-Cal, driving my car (less fuel) and only going up to 5 hrs. of driving. I can get from Redding to Santa Cruz (my wife was born and raised there) in 5 hrs.
Trailerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Also, who lives in Eureka, Ukiah?
Maybe nobody, so don't go there. Those were just examples of what could be done.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY
Some of our members (3 that I can think of) do not have drivers licenses. So that is hard for them to travel.
So give them rides, that's how we help the kids when they want to go crawl with us.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:08 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

we can talk about location later the core is the rules and classes.

I like the idea of classes that include alot of people that way everyone can have fun.

Here is the classes Changed up a little what do you think?

Unlimited 2.2 Class

- Vehicle wheelbase is a maximum 13 inches.
- Limited to 2.2 sized wheels and tires only.
- Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
- 4 wheel steering allowed, Y-harness only. No crab steer or independent rear steer allowed.
- You must run a body (full tube chassis acceptable).
- The body must be 1/10th scale or larger.
- The body can be cut/modified but must retain 50% of its original form, but the width or the cab must be the factory width.

Old school Class

Limited to ClodBuster, TXT-1 or E-Maxx configuration.
- Vehicle wheelbase is a maximum 15.5 inches..
- Limited to ClodBuster/TXT, standard MAXX sized wheel or smaller. Wheel Narrowing is allowed.
- Limited to un-modified tires only (straight out of the bag).
- Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
- 4-wheel steering allowed, Y-harness only. No crab steer or independent rear steer allowed.
- Only minior body trimming.

Unlimited L Class

- No limits to wheelbase, Vehicle track width or height.
- No limits on tire type or size.
- No Limits on number of drive wheels
- No limits to steering configuration
- The body can be cut/modified but must retain 50% of its original form, but the width or the cab must be the factory width.

Last edited by skyjacker_rc_club; 09-09-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Default My 2 cents,

A circuit / season is a cool idea.
Look at the area that the members span, find places that most can get to.

Currently I'm in a 7 race point series (offroad modified Associated T4), not on a circuit, but all at the same track, however they throw out your 2 worst races or you can miss two races.

You could do the same with your season / circuit, throw out 2 or 3 events, that would make it more competitive for everyone.

Being in central CA, I could hit some, but I doubt I would make it to Redding or Eureka? However if it proved to be a really sweet course, I might make a special trip / vacation.

Just some thoughts.
HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Thanks HOSS.

Skyjacker, I like those classes, looks good to me. Sorry for the delayed reply, had to do paperwork on a sold trailer, $20 grand makes be turn away from the computer screen for at least a few mins.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Ya i had to walk away too. The tlt stick was calling me
Old 09-09-2005, 01:20 PM   #32

Quote:
Maybe you should look at someones profile before making such a remark. At 27 I don't rely on mommy or daddy, but my three little girls rely on me and my wife of almost 7 years. So no, I'm not some puck kid, neither are the other three guys I 1:1 and rc crawl with, and the other rc crawlers in this area might be kids, but they drive, and none of us have a problem doing a little driving to get to an event.
That was not directed at you. I have read your posts and know that you either work or own a trailer rental place. Try not to take this so personal.

Quote:
The point of spreading it around is that at some point everyone will have to do a little driving. I totally understand only having a series in your area, we've talked about that same thing in our area. If you guys are going to be at the Folsom Comp., I'd like to discuss maybe a larger series, something that would cover the complete Northern part of the state. For me this would be a major plus, 1:1 crawling right now. That means towing my rig up to 18 hours spending tons of money on fuel, parts, food, tools, etc. With rc crawling in Nor-Cal, driving my car (less fuel) and only going up to 5 hrs. of driving. I can get from Redding to Santa Cruz (my wife was born and raised there) in 5 hrs.
We are not trying to have a series in "our area", if we were then the comp sites would be restricted to San Carlos down to Santa Cruz and we NEVER said that.

I don't understand why you would throw in cities that no one are even close to? Maybe just for the sake of argument?? Are you the person that is going to scout out crawl locations in these cities? Cause in case you have not noticed we have alot of people that say they will go scout and never follow through.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Default Classes,

Being members of rccrawler, I think we should use rccrawler rules / classes per
the original link included in (I believe) the first post, not the quote.

However, rccrawler may want to revise the classes to include a "beginner" class for competitors that haven't modified thier rigs as much.

Again just some thoughts to keep us on all the same level.
Almost like using rccrawler as a governing body like ROAR or NORCA.
HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

The reason I mentioned those cities was just for examples. By all means, if no one is in those areas, I see no reason to travel there. Just examples guys.

Oh yeah, I sell cookie cutters, and build custom trailers, and sorry about taking it personnel.

I am very interested in the idea of a series, and would be willing to meet people and help scout areas, even if it means travelling a little. Spending a little company gas helps the right offs.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:39 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

We will use the rules But the rccrawler classes suck big balls. Thats why groups are making there own.

I hate ROAR to so ha.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS
Being members of rccrawler, I think we should use rccrawler rules / classes per
the original link included in (I believe) the first post, not the quote.

However, rccrawler may want to revise the classes to include a "beginner" class for competitors that haven't modified thier rigs as much.

Again just some thoughts to keep us on all the same level.
Almost like using rccrawler as a governing body like ROAR or NORCA.
Hoss, the official RCC rules are easy for everyone on RCC to use as a standard. I don't think the Classes are that easy to use for everyone since each region seems to have there own nitch that they specialize in. And Since the Nor-Cal peeps are behind the times we don't have any particular nitch therefore we really need to work out the classes on our own.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #37

Quote:
I am very interested in the idea of a series, and would be willing to meet people and help scout areas, even if it means travelling a little. Spending a little company gas helps the right offs.
I have no problem driving a far distance to go to a comp. That is why I bought a new Honda Accord 4 banger.

Last time I drove down to San Diego I used one tank of gas to get there and one to get home driving at 90-100 mph as much as I could. San Diego to San Jose in 6 hours!
Old 09-09-2005, 02:03 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Maybe we could hold the first pre comp or what ever in Folsom, so we could have a chance to meet most everyone and figure out or classes by the rigs that we have. Just an idea.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:08 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I have no problem driving a far distance to go to a comp. That is why I bought a new Honda Accord 4 banger.

Last time I drove down to San Diego I used one tank of gas to get there and one to get home driving at 90-100 mph as much as I could. San Diego to San Jose in 6 hours!
Nice travel time! I am willing to do some scouting, thinking about making a run to Folsom Lake for that comp. seems that scouting may not be getting done. 3 hour drive for me.

Rules: I don't care as much there, with a clod that has 16.5" wb right now, I always fall into the same class. And to me, it doesn't matter what you call it, unlimited or beginner, I just want to go have some fun.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #40

Quote:
Nice travel time!
That's what happenes when you don't travel with a nagging wife/girl friend!