Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

View Poll Results: Who will be competing?
YES, I will be there 7 63.64%
NO, I am afraid 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Nor-Cal 2005 - Rock Crawling Competition, Event #1 - NEW LOCATION!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #21
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
I like that little place. I found it one day by accident. From the outside I didn't expect it to be so full of great stuff. I was pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of tonight, when is a good time for you? Earlier the better for me tonight if you can. I actually got my crawler to the point where it can drive (sort of). I was stoked last night at first fire up. It appeared to be much more stable than the previous setup, though I doubt it's anywhere near your rig's stability. It is still pretty neat though. There's a lot more to do, but it actually ran 8-) .

-Sam
I just got home, had to go back down to sheldons to get the body mounts I wanted :? .

You can come by anytime now. Call me on my cell and I will give you directions.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2005, 04:34 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I put up a flyer at Sheldons last Friday. Can't wait for the comp...
sicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:13 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Well we have a little dilema. The word at this point is we are unsure if we will be allowed to compete at Castle Rock or not. While we were able to go a few times without any issues including Badger talking to the Ranger with a wagon full of crawlers, another person on the board was walked out of the park by a Ranger being told that it wasn't allowed. We don't know the full circumstances, but it gives us concern.

So, Badger and I spoke tonight and figure that unless we know for sure, we don't want to get everyone there then be forced out or given a citation. So we are moving the competition to the San Carlos site. There hasn't been a competition there yet, so it will be fun. There are plenty of lines to make some great courses.

Sorry for the change of locations, but until we can get a true answer, this seems our best solution. We will try to have a response before the next event date. Badger will have this post modified shortly.

Please stay tuned.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:39 PM   #24

I updated the first post in this thread with the new details. Make sure you check it out so there is no confusion.

Sicj, PLEASE download and print out the new flyer for this weekends comp, I don't want to confuse anyone into going to the wrong location.

http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/events/norcal_comp2.pdf

Thanks.

Last edited by badger; 09-27-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:14 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

wow that sucks. who got kicked? that is BS.

Dont think i will be able to make the drive up to San Carlos, sorry
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjacker_rc_club
wow that sucks. who got kicked? that is BS.

Dont think i will be able to make the drive up to San Carlos, sorry
PM SlinkySam, he mentioned that you could drive to his house (HW 17) and ride up with him.

Have you ever been to San Carlos? It is a sick *** place to crawl. If Sam can't give you a ride then I am sure I could meet you somewhere.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:48 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I guess ill put my doors on and drive up.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:49 PM   #28

Quote:
Shaweet!
Old 09-28-2005, 12:46 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Question

Anyone have the fully story on what happened?

I’m going to go to the government building tomorrow to research rules on radio-controlled vehicles in state parks.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:53 AM   #30

Quote:
Anyone have the fully story on what happened?

I’m going to go to the government building tomorrow to research rules on radio-controlled vehicles in state parks.
I just forwarded you the PM that was sent to me.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:54 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
There are few details on who got kicked out, so that is why we need to contact the park officials. There is a number on the website. If we resolve it, count on the park being stop #2 for the series.

As for getting there, just let me know. I can pick you up somewhere. I am just in Santa Clara, so if you want to swing over to this side of the hill, we can then carpool up to save you some gas money.

-Sam
Old 09-28-2005, 01:16 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

There is no way an electric crawler can cause a fire hazard and the the erosion factor would be less then hikers not including the fact we are crawling on rocks.

Not to put down the writer of that Pm but it sounds like some noobs where smashing through the bushes with their savage.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:29 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Skyjacker, would you want to forward that pm to me if it's not too much trouble? I'm interested to hear about what happend.

Last edited by snowkd; 09-28-2005 at 02:03 AM.
TylerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 01:59 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

sent
Old 09-28-2005, 02:03 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

thanks
TylerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:10 AM   #36

Quote:
If you do talk to a official or a ranger make sure you don't tell them we are a club and 10-15 of us might be there. Just say it's a couple of your buddies that are interested in crawling at Castle Rock.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Here is a General overview of what a quick web search found. I posted a star by the ones that could keep us out of Castle Rock.

California Code of Regulations - Excerpts

4302. Use of Facilities, Payment.
No person shall use or be present in any portion of a unit under control of the Department of Parks and Recreation for which a use fee has been established by the Department, without paying such fee. The shall not apply to state officers and employees on official business nor to persons excepted by the Department for administrative reasons.

4305. Animals.
No person shall (molest) , hunt, disturb, injure, trap, take, net, poison, harm, or kill any kind of animal or fish, or so attempt, except that fish may be taken other than for commercial purposes in accordance with the state fishing laws and regulations, provided, however, that no person shall use or discharge a spear or bow and arrow in the state park system (except in underwater parks or on designated archery ranges). Where hunting in a state recreation area or portion thereof is permitted by regulations herein, so much of this section as is inconsistent therewith shall be deemed inapplicable, provided hunting is conducted in the manner specified.

4306. Plants and Driftwood.
No person shall willfully or negligently pick, dig up, cut, mutilate, destroy, injure, disturb, move, molest, burn, or carry away any tree or plant or portion thereof, including but not limited to leaf mold, flowers, foliage, berries, fruit, grass, turf, humas, shrubs, cones, and dead wood, except in specific units when authorization by the District Superintendent or Deputy Director of Off-Highway Motor Vehicles to take berries, or gather mushrooms, or gather pine cones, or collect driftwood is posted at the headquarters of the unit to which the authorization applies.
4307. Geological Features.
No person shall destroy, disturb, mutilate, or remove earth, sand, gravel, oil, minerals, rocks, paleontological features, or features of caves except rockhounding may be permitted as defined and delineated in Sections 4610 through 4610.10.

4308. Archaeological Features.
No person shall remove, injure, disfigure, deface, or destroy any object of archaeological, or historical interest or value.

4310. Litter.
No person shall leave, deposit, drop, or scatter bottles, broken glass, ashes, waste paper, cans or other litter in a unit except in a receptacle designated for that purpose, and no person shall import any litter, or import and deposit any litter into or in any unit from other places.

4311. Fire in Stoves, Smoking.
No person shall light, build, use, or maintain a fire within a unit except in a camp stove or fireplace provided, maintained, or designated for such purpose, unless by authority of the Department. Portable camp stoves may be used in portions of units approved by the Department. Upon a finding of extreme fire hazard by the Department no person shall smoke or build fires in portions of units other than those designated by the Department for such purposes.

4312. Dog; Animals.
(a) No person shall bring a dog into, permit a dog to enter or remain, or possess a dog in units under control of the Department of Parks and Recreation unless the dog is on a leash of no more than six feet in length and under the immediate control of a person or confined in a vehicle...No person shall permit a dog or cat to remain outside a tent, camper, or enclosed vehicle during the night...No person shall keep a noisy, vicious, or dangerous dog or animal or one which is disturbing to other persons, in any unit and remain therein after he/she has been asked by a peace officer to leave...

4313. Weapons and Traps.
No person shall carry, possess, or discharge across, in or into any portion of any unit any weapon, firearm, box and arrow, trap, net, or device capable of injuring, or killing any person or animal, or capturing any animal, or damaging any public or private property, except where the Department of Parks and Recreation finds that it is in its best interests. Nothing herein contained shall be construed in derogation of the use of weapons permitted by law or regulation and to be used for hunting in a unit, or portion thereof, open to hunting. Firearms not having a cartridge in any portion of the mechanism, traps, nets, bows and arrows, other unloaded weapons or devices may be possessed within temporary lodging or mechanical mode of conveyance when such implements are rendered temporarily inoperable or are packed, cased, or stored in a manner that will prevent their ready use.

4314. Fireworks.
No person shall possess, discharge, set off, or cause to be discharged, in or into any portion of a unit any firecrackers, torpedoes, rockets, fireworks, explosives, or substances harmful to the life or safety of persons. The Department may grant exceptions to this section for specified locations and periods of time upon finding that such activity will not endanger persons, property or resources. This section does not apply to explosives lawfully possessed or used under the direction of the Department.

*4319. Games and Recreational Activities.
No Person shall engage in games or recreational activities that endanger the safety of person, property, resources or interfere with visitor activities except as permitted by the Department.

*4320. Peace and Quiet.
To insure peace and adequate rest for visitors, no person shall so conduct himself that he disturbs others in sleeping quarters or in campgrounds between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. daily. No person shall, at any time, use outside electronic equipment including electrical speakers, radios, phonographs, television, or other machinery, at a volume which emits sound beyond the immediate individual camp or picnic site without specific permission of the Department. Engine driven electric generators which emit sound beyond the limits of a camp or picnic site may be operated only between the ours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.

*4321. Assembly.
No person shall conduct or attend an assembly or public demonstration except by permission of the Department upon a finding that such activity would not substantially interfere with park use.

*4322. Nudity.
No person shall appear nude while in any unit except in authorized areas set aside for that purpose by the Department. The word nude as used herein means unclothed or in such a state of undress as to expose any part of portion of the pubic or anal region or genitalia of any person or any portion of the breast at or below the areola thereof of any female person.

4324. Sanitation.
(a) No person shall deposit waste, water, sewage or effluent from sinks, portable toilets, or other plumbing fixtures directly upon or into the surface of the ground of water.
(b) No person shall deposit any body waste in or on any portion of any comfort station or other structure except into fixtures provided for that purpose.
(c) No person shall place any bottle, can, cloth, rag, metal, wood, paper, or stone substances in any plumbing fixture in such a manner as would interfere with the normal operation of such fixture.
(d) All comfort stations shall be used in a clean, sanitary and orderly manner.
(e) Urinating or defecating other than in the fixtures provided therefore is prohibited.

4325. Prohibited Area.
To insure the safety and protection of person, and property, to avoid interference in development, construction, and management, or to provide for the security, safeguarding, and preservation of resources and property in any unit and portions thereof, the Department may from time to time upon such findings by order declare a prohibited area, may specify the period therefore, and may from time to time revoke, suspend, repeal, or modify such order. A notice declaring a prohibited areas shall be posted. The order may specify such reasonable classes of person who may enter therein in the conduct of such activities or official duties as the Department may proscribe. No other persons or vehicles may enter or remain in a prohibited area.

4326. Posted Order.
No person shall violate any provision of an order posted pursuant to the provisions of Section 4301(i) thereof.

4327. Use Periods.
The Department may establish periods of use for any unit or portion. Periods of use shall be posed. No person, vessel, or vehicle shall enter or be present in a unit after closing or in portions of units designated closed, except employees or person designated by the Department on official business.

4331. Soliciting.
No person shall solicit, sell, hawk, or peddle any goods, ware, merchandise, services, liquids, or edibles for hum consumption or distribute circulars in any unit,

Last edited by skyjacker_rc_club; 09-28-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:54 AM   #38
RCC Addict

No nudity? That sucks.

They may call us on 4308 even though I would say rock climbing generates more destructive force than R/C rock crawling.

-Sam
Old 09-28-2005, 11:02 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

We should all make fake NASA Ids and say we are there testing new Mars rovers. And then give the ranger a Nasa trucker hat.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Never mind thats a bad idea