Notices

Thread: Colorado Winter Series o9 Comp #3 3/o8/o9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid plate View Post
By the way, VERY NICE WORK AT KOH!

I know you wanted to do better, but all I can say is you did one hell-of-a-job buddy.

And nice to have you back.

JC
I wouldn't say wanted to do better, our goal was get a spot in the race and finish. We managed to do that and even pull 15th place, I couldn't be happier about the whole experiance. All I know is now that we know what to expect, they better look out next year. Kinda like this weekend.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Congrats Slowrockr. Glad you survived the KOH.

Can't wait till this weekend. I gotta feed the need for crawling.
Sure, I can go down the road from my house and crawl all day, but it is just not the same. I wish I had a super
evileddy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #43
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid plate View Post
I think it will actually speed things along, plus allow judges to run before the end of the individual events.
If there is no one in line then we will be runnin instead of standing with thumbs.
Plus, we need to get more judges involved. Now would be an excellent time to do this and fix any issues that come up.
I know as a spectator, we usually see more than what is called. That should be corrected.
Spectators should be just that, and watch or go get ready to run.

JC
I just don't see it helping in anyway. We have people that are willing to jump in and help, like Patrick Griz and myself at any point in time to get things accomplished. Not to mention, coming up with 9 judges is hard, how are we going to get 18 judges?
It a good idea, but unrealistic and over kill, If a judge needs a break I will step in for them.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
I just don't see it helping in anyway. We have people that are willing to jump in and help, like Patrick Griz and myself at any point in time to get things accomplished. Not to mention, coming up with 9 judges is hard, how are we going to get 18 judges?
It a good idea, but unrealistic and over kill, If a judge needs a break I will step in for them.
I have always been willing to judge, just never been asked. i think almost anyone will be happy to judge if directly asked.

I think 2 judges is overkill, why not just reduce the time allowed on each course? (i.e. 5 gates-4 mins, etc.)
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:35 AM   #45
Gettin’ back on the horse

It is very nice to know that there are guys willing to judge, but I have never been very fond of approaching people on the subject.
You want to judge awesome, just Patrick know.
Yeah we can't reduce the time unless we reduce the amount of gates, we have always run one minute a gate( and its needed). Besides there is no problems as of now with the series, no matter how things run it is going to take all day. Not to mention things are much more efficent with this system we have now. It took all day 3 years ago to run a comp and it does now, except now there are more people and three classes. This is the way things are and Im happy, if we start rushing things it might suck the fun out this Motorsport.
If we are to slow for some of you guys You can always compete in Dan's series
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It is very nice to know that there are guys willing to judge, but I have never been very fond of approaching people on the subject.
You want to judge awesome, just Patrick know.
Yeah we can't reduce the time unless we reduce the amount of gates, we have always run one minute a gate( and its needed). Besides there is no problems as of now with the series, no matter how things run it is going to take all day. Not to mention things are much more efficent with this system we have now. It took all day 3 years ago to run a comp and it does now, except now there are more people and three classes. This is the way things are and Im happy, if we start rushing things it might suck the fun out this Motorsport.
If we are to slow for some of you guys You can always compete in Dan's series
thanks for the response, turtle.
Have you guys thought about running 2 classes at the same time?? (this would effectively open up more courses and cut down on the long lines)
maybe 1.9's and supers?
I can bring clipboards and timers if you want to try it out.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
Have you guys thought about running 2 classes at the same time?? (this would effectively open up more courses and cut down on the long lines)
maybe 1.9's and supers?

I like this idea. Lets try it out
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #48
RCC Addict

I kind of wondered about that as well. I suppose most people that are involved in all 3 classes might find that hard(er) to do successfully. Seems pretty feasible though as it would reduce a lot of time.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
18????

We only run 3 courses at one time. 6 judges will do just fine.
then 2 for each final.

Crazy rabbit's

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

I can judge but you might not like what i call you .Hey slowrock i built a super just too kick your arss.kidding but im working on it.see ya sunday
Rathgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #51
MODERHATER™

What classes would you prefer to run at the same time?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

How about run Supers and 1.9 at the same time first. And then 4 courses in 2.2 to spread out the long lines.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
If not I have a Mamba 25 you can borrow!:-P
thats mine!!!!!
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #54
RCC Addict

2 classes at once sounds like a mess. i run all three and bouncing from one rig to another seems like a cluster f+@&.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

I agree, that would be too much going on. We are gonna have more daylight anyway since Sat. night is daylight savings.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
maybe 1.9's and supers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I like this idea. Lets try it out
The idea is ok, but will not work well. I think that most of us that run Supers also run 1.9
I don't think that it is fair to try to rush us because we run all three classes. It works well the way it is set up now.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Let's just keep it moving.
2 Judges will be tried, just because things are getting missed and because we need to get used to this format.
It will also allow for one to break free and run courses instead of either waiting until the end or rushing through without getting their rigs checked out and batteries charged/changed like everyone else. (which also eats alot of time up)
Let's see what happens first instead of getting our underwear up in knots.
(I know, some of you don't wear them, yuck!)

I don't think we need to run 2 classes at once or even try it right now.
JMO on this.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #58
RCC Addict

I think you guys should just be concerned about your driving and not so much everything else
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #59
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
2 classes at once sounds like a mess. i run all three and bouncing from one rig to another seems like a cluster f+@&.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx View Post
I agree, that would be too much going on. We are gonna have more daylight anyway since Sat. night is daylight savings.
That is how I feel. But I am always open to suggestions.

I really see no need to change anything we are doing, I see no problem with the way thing have been going, when you run close to 70 rigs with separations for classes, it is going to take awhile.

All this "we need to hurry it up" is kinda, in my opinion, is taking the fun out of it. This is supposed to fun, hang out with friends, b/s and play w/ toy trucks. And I like that. That is why I do this, I am here for you guys and I enjoy this group more than I can describe.

Blah!:-P
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
thats mine!!!!!

Don't worry John, I got my esc working good now! Now I just hope the weather holds.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote