Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: rock bashing seascape comp #2 OCT-16-2004 (NEW DATE!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2004, 07:15 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: rock bashing seascape comp #2 OCT-16-2004 (NEW DATE!)

i am going to start with this frist. there is a lot of people that run kong dirk for start so you are saying if he came do here you wont let him run with the txt class or what.biggger is not all way better.here two more people with kong toyofast/4xadict. its not the truck with kong it the driver and how it perfomes.4xadict was telling that a tlt kick his butt in a comp two month ago.i have not find anything about any comp rules about tires size in a comp.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2004, 07:58 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

what about txts or clods with kongs
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:00 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

As Newbie, if I win the next comp then Yes I would have a unfair advantage. But Do you all realy think that is gona happen? I realy do not want to buy new wheels and tires for my comp rig. I think you can all get that one. Rules are rules. If it was writen down in the rules then I would have no problem with spliting the classes if there was 4 or 5 total trucks..
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:12 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

how about we all get kongs
Old 09-30-2004, 08:36 PM   #65

i'm new but i think that there should be 2 classes,scale and unlimited because it's about the driving not the tire size.By the way i'm the little dude that has the halfpint.I'm Tom's son,the kid that came to the last event with Randy.
rOckhOppEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:04 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

you guys saying tires size doesn't mean anything are smoking crack. 1BeatJeep take the 36" of your TJ and replace them with with 32s and go run the Rubicon and tell me tires size doesn't mean something. My ass. Now if a TLT spanks a konged rig than the course was set for a shorter WB. Or the driver sucked. There's always gonna be exceotions to ever rule or theory.

But we should do something.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:32 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

david i did the con with 33 with no promblem at all. how can you compair my jeep to my R/C there is no compairacent.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:24 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

i feel limiting the tires would be good but not gearing thats just something you need for crawling. and im also not big on limiting xfactor axles because with smaller tires the xfactor axles have more roomed to get hooked but have a wider stance so its a form of a trade off just like any axles. same with wheelbase if my car is long then i will beable to go up a vertical plane alot easier but when i get in a section with rocks sicking up or tight turns the smaller wheelbase will have a advantage. i feel if guys with tlts want to run with the txt guys then thats cool to we shouldnt leave them out just because they went with the most scale car. myself being a tlt owner would like to run in a tlt size class but if there are only 2 people then hell ill run in a txt size class.
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:30 PM   #69
Rock Stacker

Oct 16? Is that a Sunday? If so, I will probably be able to make it. That is if my boss doesn't make me come in that weekend. My Clod is being rebuilt right now and I've started on a Twin Force cralwer but I don't think it will be done by the 16th. I could get my Clod done by then though... Is anyone else running a Clod still? I think 876ss1 got rid of his...

Of course the Kong tires have an advantage over other tires in size. But how is that different from anything else? LST tires have an advantage over stock Clod tires in size and traction. Trucks with gear reduciton have a runtime and throttle control advantage. Trucks with longer wheel bases have the advantage of not tipping over backwards as easily. Trucks with sick high torque servos have a distinct advantage over those that don't. Where does it end?
kjr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:55 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Not to point any one out hear, (Becuse I like every one) but I hear a lot of "that truck does not look scale, it does not look real at all". Those people have rigs that look like monster trucks lowered. The only truck that looks close is Big reds. It inspired me to build my power wagon. I should have made it shorter then it would have been much more scale but I wanted it to work half way well. They are RC Models and to make them work proportions suffer. It is a fun crawl rig and not my compitition rig that I do not mind if it flips and crashes it was made for it. This crawling stuff excites me, restraints make me loose intrest.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:26 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep
david i did the con with 33 with no promblem at all. how can you compair my jeep to my R/C there is no compairacent.
I did the Rubicon and Fordyce on 33s and narrow axles. And now that I have WIDER AXLES and BIGGER TIRES (35's) It's a lot easier. And I compare 1:1 to RC because it is the same just smaller. You want your 1:1 to crawl better you Lock the axles, lower the crawl ratio, install wider axles and BIGGER TIRES. You want your RC to crawl better you do all the same things. How is it different? Every principle is the same, just a different scale. That's all I'm saying. And you can't tell me you can go all the same places a full width TJ on 49" Iroks can go.

i don't really care about different classes but let's be fair.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:51 AM   #72

Well I don't see what unfair. I am building my new rig around a set of kongs. It really seems easy to me if everyone can agree, why not make three classes:

1. Small crawlers(basicly anything under 14", tires under 5")

2. Sportsman(basicly anything with tires 5"-7", and a wheel track of under 12" wide)

3. Unlimited (tires over 7", track width over 12", more than two axles,etc....)

The tire sizes are just a off the top of my head numbers, but you get the idea.

The main idea is to have fun! I'm sure my driving skills will be enough of a handicap that it would make a difference.

There also the idea of just give the kong drivers a handicap, say starting with and negitive number of points. I say we try this. Have a few comps as they are now see if the kong trucks dominate, if they do figure the average point lead of the kong trucks and make that the starting negitive point amount. I.E. after three comps the kong trucks average 100 + ,but under 175point leads then make the handcap 100 points and try that and adjust it every three or four comps until a happy medium can be found. The same would go for the scale trucks they could receive a handicap as well. It just takes a little open mindedness to find an answer to our current delema and get back to having fun!

This is just my perspective on this issue. I am building a clod based kong truck and a X based kong truck, but I'm also building a scale tlt, and a regular sized clod. So for me I can play anyway. I liked to trying my little tlt-1 truck against a kong truck, it just makes me drive better.

Well I've rambled enough. Remember it all about fun. Checking the ego's at the door makes for a funner time.

GRINDER

TOO many R/C's to list!

I can also make the 16th for the comp if I can finish my truck by then
GRINDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:49 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

At this point in time i feel we should do a few more comps and look for trends in the scores just like Grinder said. you guys have to think to that your crawlers are must likly better then when we ran the first comp and driving skill have advanced, so i feel that after only one comp it would be hard to put down such a drastic rule on crawler restrictions/classes. :(

But when the time comes i feel the best plan of action would be a point deduction. From what im hearing it sounds like the kong guys under stand the advantage but just dont want to be left out of the comp with only 3 people running which i can total understand

what do you guys think?
Old 10-01-2004, 10:02 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

I think we do not have enough people or trucks to split up into classes and keep it fun and interesting. I like Grinders idea. It is a good compromise for right now. I would suport this. It sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRINDER

There also the idea of just give the kong drivers a handicap, say starting with and negitive number of points. I say we try this. Have a few comps as they are now see if the kong trucks dominate, if they do figure the average point lead of the kong trucks and make that the starting negitive point amount. I.E. after three comps the kong trucks average 100 + ,but under 175point leads then make the handcap 100 points and try that and adjust it every three or four comps until a happy medium can be found. The same would go for the scale trucks they could receive a handicap as well. It just takes a little open mindedness to find an answer to our current delema and get back to having fun!

Old 10-01-2004, 10:20 AM   #75
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Personally, I don't really care anymore if the kongs run in the same class as my TXT/LST's. It just makes me want to drive that much better to beat a rig with kongs.

We are going to have compititions coarses that favor kongs, and others that favor smaller tires with a more narrow WB.

I think we are getting too competitive to early. We have a great group of people interested in crawling in the Bay Area and IMO if we get to serious with the rules it could be intimidating to newbies wanting to start in the crawling comps.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:10 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

ya I agree with Skyjacker and Badger lets give it a few more comps and have some fun.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:43 AM   #77
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels
Im not saying 1beatjeeps truck with kongs aint the cats meow, But I am saying with kongs and x factor axels,,, standard fair trucks,(ie txt axels & maxx size tires) dont have a chance. So if you want to beat everyone not by competitive flare ,but shear bigger is better attitude, well there is a class for you

Any thoughts?
In the Colorado/Utah comps nobody with Kongs has ever won. Personally, I think they are a disadvantage. They are not as stable due to the tall sidewall and they raise the CG very much. In our area the Giant Tracs are the problem, they werk much, much better than any other tire. Some people wanted to outlaw them but it got voted down luckily. I say you guys should welcome the challenge of the Kongs, it will make a victory with smaller tires that much better. JMHO.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

lets just crawl
Old 10-01-2004, 03:17 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

i wish it were that simple young one.

i think i will have two new rigs buy the 16th its going to be sick.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:22 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

hey i might be showing up with a konged truck or two