Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: (9-11) Colorado Comp results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
The Wheels Keep Turning

Default (9-11) Colorado Comp results

I'm dying to here the results of todays (9-11) Colorado Comp!
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2004, 09:36 PM   #2
06 Super National Champ

Default Re: I'm dying to here the results of todays (9-11) Colorado

Same here.

I'm looking for pics as well!
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #3
The Wheels Keep Turning

damn, nothing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's killing me.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:16 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

maybe they didnt have one due to rain.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:26 PM   #5
RCC Addict

No rain, just plenty of sunshire! Here is a tenative result, Grizzly has the actually results:

1) Kaetwo --17
2) PinchFlat --17
3) Grizzly --23
4) Ace* --32
5) Dirk --34
6) BustedCrawler --41
7) Rock1024 --86
Fishmaxx --??

The comp ran for 2 days, with a smaller impromtu comp on the first day. Everyone had a good time. Ace gets a star for swappin trucks between the 2 days.

My truck did really well after realizing that I need to use TTR wheel adapter bolts for my adapters(made by Ace). Needed to add zip tie limit straps, and borrow some maxx sized tires since mine weren't in yet. Busted a Revo shaft, and I have 1 upper link that likes to pull out of the Traxxas rod end.

Ace's slinky is soo cool to watch, as it lengthens or shortnes it's wheelbase as needed. The UTRCRC clods are badass, and pretty damn small, super low CG. Guess we'll see how I can hang up there in Moab. All in all good times.

I know there are a ton of pics and some video...stay tuned....
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 06:40 PM   #6
The Wheels Keep Turning

finally! thanks bustedcrawler. i guess i have to be the one to beat the guys from utah! too bad it's three against one. :(
Old 09-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #7
RCC Addict

There were only 2 utah boys there, and good luck beating the new UTRCRC racing chassis. Keeping up is hard enough, much less beating them. It might be my shafts that keep me from beating them...but I held my own and tied with them most of the day on todays course scores.

I had a really crappy start yesterday. Tried to get the first gate and had issues with my wheel adapters, fixed that. Take two got me up to the worst gate and almost out, where I pulled out an upper link and busted a Revo shaft. Had to miss the couple gates and take a score of worst plus one. That put me a 28, with 1 course down and 7 more to go. So after fixing a few issues I would say 13 points over 7 courses wasn't too bad.

I got a few ideas on how to make keepin up with the SuperDuke and UTRCRC comp chassis a littler easier for my TXT.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:01 PM   #8
The Wheels Keep Turning

the UTRCRC guys are good drivers! Worthy competition.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:47 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Wasn't there for that comp but will be there for Moab Crawl Off.

I am not going to make too many mods before then. Just find some TTR adapter wheel bolts, and new wheels and tires with BBs. As much as I want to relocate my shocks, right before a comp is not the time....learned that one this time. Not to mention I would like to see just how well a "trail rig" would do against the "comp buggies" in their home turf.

I think a shafty can be made to be very competaive against clods and take a win every now and again, but it is going to take some serious time and effort to dial it in. I realized at this comp just how smart of a move getting a clod is, if you are serious about competing IMO. But, I hate to be like everyone else nad follow the norm, so...I will find a way to make a shafty compete and do well against the UTRCRC comp chassis clods.

Still hopin someone has gotten pics ready and uploaded, cause I am dyin to see the pics!
Old 09-12-2004, 10:38 PM   #10
The Wheels Keep Turning

tires with ball bearings, what prompted you to do the ball bearing mod? the utah guys weren't running ball bearings in there tires were they? i'd like to see a shaftie win. So far they don't seem to keep up with the clods.

i just wish utah and colorado were closer. there aren't many comps that are close down here. That's why i like the moab event, it's about in-between for all of us (arizona, utah, colorado) it would be nice to go up to oregon some time too and hang with toyo and the gang. i may scout out a spot in northeastern arizona, which will be dead center for all of us.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:12 PM   #11
PapaGriz Yo

Well, here are the official results.
Overall Results:
Kaetwo/Roadkill, Clod (17)
Pinchflat/DeadHead, Clod (17)
Grizzly4x4/The SuperDuke, Clod (23)
Ace/Slinky, Clod/Forrel, Clod (32)*
DirkDigler/The Digler, XFactor cross (33)
Bustedcrawler/The Almost Stock TXT (48 )
Rock1024, Clod (87)
FishMaxx/FishClod, Clod (102)**

Since there was a tie for first (again) we decided on a rule to decide a winner. The person with the most 0 point sections is the winner. Kaetwo had 3 no penalty point sections and Pinchy had 2, so Kaetwo was the winner.
*Ace drove Slinky the first day and Forrel the second day so his placing is
debatable.
** Fishmaxx had to leave to catch his flight so he had to take a DNF on the last section.

Many thanks go to Dirk for hosting this comp. We barbequed lunch on his lawn, camped out in his yard , and BSed in his garage over a few cold ones. A big thanks go to Kaetwo and Pinchflat for driving out from Utah and to FishMaxx for flying out from Georgia. Now that is hardcore!! Fishy struggled the first day after chasing down his luggage, driking lots of Red Bull, and finishing his crawler during lunch. The second day he was more relaxed and put in a fine driving effort.

The waterfalls were intense due to big rains washing out the course. Dirk did an outstanding job of rebuilding and making a killer course that was challenging for all the trucks that showed up. Thanks to everyone, I had a blast and look forward to the next one at the new site. Since I was doing alot of judging I was unable to get any good pics so someone else will have to post some. And, look for the teaser video from Pinchflat and Kaetwo, it will be awesome.

Final results by section:
Section 1:
Grizzly4x4 2
Kaetwo 4
Pinchflat 4
DirkDigler 6
Ace 6
Rock1024 7
FishMaxx 27
Bustedcrawler 28

Section2:
Pinchflat 5
Kaetwo 7
Bustedcrawler 7
DirkDigler 8
Ace 9
Grizzly4x4 12
Rock1024 12
FishMaxx 25

Section 3:
DirkDigler 0
Grizzly4x4 1
Ace 4
Kaetwo 6
Bustedcrawler 6
Pinchflat 7
Rock1024 11
FishMaxx 12

Section 4:
Kaetwo 0
Pinchflat 0
Bustedcrawler 0
Ace 4
FishMaxx 4
Grizzly4x4 5
Rock1024 6
DirkDigler 7

Section 5:
Kaetwo 0
Pinchflat 0
Ace 1
Grizzly4x4 2
DirkDigler 2
Bustedcrawler 2
FishMaxx 3
Rock1024 21

Section 6:
Kaetwo 0
Grizzly4x4 1
Pinchflat 1
Bustedcrawler 5
Ace 8
DirkDigler 10
Rock1024 30
FishMaxx 31
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:09 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Thanks go to Dirk & wife for hosting this comp.

I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
Fishy struggled the first day after chasing down his luggage, driking lots of Red Bull, and finishing his crawler during lunch. The second day he was more relaxed and put in a fine driving effort
Yes the first day was a nightmare Lost luggage + No practice + No sleep + 1/2 dozen Red Bulls = Bad driving!

Learned lots.......... these guys know their sH*t !

Thanks Ty for the 31 on the last section Just kidding
(Under the rules DNF's get most points plus one)

No problems getting home 8O

Can't wait to show my new skillz and knowledge to my southern friends

Thanks again to everyone..... I'll be back!
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:15 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: (9-11) Colorado Comp results

"i'd like to see a shaftie win. So far they don't seem to keep up with the clods. "

After day one, I was tied with Grizzly for 1st place. I really thought a shafty was going to take this one and on day two, I just went to shit. i don't think it was the Digler.....it was my terrible driving. I really believe the shafties are as capable in everyway!!!!
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:05 AM   #14
PapaGriz Yo

I really thought that Dirk or I might be able to win this event. On the first three courses we had some great scores and were feeling confident. On the second day though Kaetwo and Pinchflat had the “cool hands” and put in some flawless runs that Dirk and I just couldn’t match. This competition was won by the driver IMHO, all the rigs proved to be capable.

Dirk and bustedcrawler had done the right modifications to really throw the shafties in the mix. If bc would have limited his articulation BEFORE the first course and Dirk had kept his head in the game the second day, they may have ended up on the podium. I have more respect for the shafties, The Digler and The Almost Stock (not really anymore) TXT were right there performance-wise and during “follow the leader”, did not seem to be at a disadvantage.
BUT!, the Clods still dominated!!!!!

The Digler proved to be top dog in the drag race on Sunday. Watching 6 crawler in a drag race down the street proved to be hilarious! I think Dirk won, I was getting overtaken by Kaetwo and was concentrating on taking out his right rear tire and rolling him over. The finish line ended up like a “crawler orgy” with everyone on their lids except The Digler. F’in Hilarious.

I certainly hope to see you again Fishy, maybe we can make it out there some time as well.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:16 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Now I know why you ran me over Griz, you were tryin to get at Dirk. I thought you just wanted to beat up on the Almost Stock truck.

Yeah, I needed to limit flex early on, but didn't. It was fun trying to catch up, that is for sure. Thanks for the complements again Griz. I think it was the Grizzly Off Road links that made it work so well.

Speakin of which, you need to get some Grizzly Off Road stickers made up, there is some room left on the Almost Stock TXT for ya!
Old 09-13-2004, 06:29 PM   #16
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler
"i'd like to see a shaftie win. So far they don't seem to keep up with the clods. "

After day one, I was tied with Grizzly for 1st place. I really thought a shafty was going to take this one and on day two, I just went to shit. i don't think it was the Digler.....it was my terrible driving. I really believe the shafties are as capable in everyway!!!!
sorry. didn't mean to put down the shafties. Glad to see there is more than one "type" of rig thats competitve. just makes the whole sport better.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:10 AM   #17
RCC Addict

No worries there, I think Dirk and I caught flack all weekend since we were the only 2 shafties there. For us it is just a big running gag that Dirk and I are tryin to hold up the shafty flag. As long as everyone walks away having had fun and a good time it was a success. But I do want a shafty to win, though.

I think mine is slowly on its way to being a very competative rig. A lot of it is the driver...Dirk was doing great but then got his head outta the game. I just didn't have enough time on my rig. I think the more events we goto the better the shafties will get. The biggest and coolest difference I noticed between shafties and clods is the totally different lines us shafties have to take. It was neat to see an obstacle that clods where hitting on or struggling for a line on, and then Dirk or myself would be up and just walk it. It was just plain cool and fun. But it makes it hard for us shafty guys to mentally pre run a course by watching clods do it.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:44 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Where's the pics!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:50 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Seriously!!!
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:54 PM   #20
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Dave
Quote:
Seriously!!!
Kaetwo apperently has taken a few more days off. They are all on his camera. Actually Kaetwo wanted to spend some time with his wife and kids because he will be gone on the 24th, 25th and 26th for Moab also. So he did take a few days off to do that. He said he would have me the pics to optimise tomorrow. They are coming. I myself, am excited to see them.

BTW... I had a great time in Colorado again. It was great to see everyone. Thanks Dirk for the hospitality. And yes the shaftys did great. I would have to say that after some initial tweeks to BustedC's TXT, it is the best performing TXT I have seen on the rocks. And The Diggler, of course, did an excellent job (sure makes a differance having 4 wheel stearing with those kongs). After the first day, the comp could have gone to any one. The first day corses were tough, everyone had a hard time finding the right line.

Thanks again Dirk..

-PF
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote