Notices

Thread: Scaler Class.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Scaler Class.

Here it is.
1: it can be tube and all out buggy. It just has to be scale to something
as close to 1/10th unlimited to a 6.5" tire.

2: A class that would cater to idenity with a brand.
It would contian a sub class for beginners to RC land in genral.

The first one would be something like the 2.2 class discussed here before
but must have a body and no tube out side of roll cages, front hoops, and rear bumper/hoops.

The second wich can help this grow would be a TLT class. Locked center, front and rear and a wheel base of 10"'s and a 4.5" tire limit. All stock can enter and if enough will run together, it only takes two.

What do all you club/ event holders think.
This should be good growth with this discussion.

Later the Dude
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Scaler Class.

That is confusing the way you have it written there.
BigSmokinGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I like it, Dude! I think you might should post this in the general forum, people don't check here to often and you (we ) could get a discussion going.
Your the promoter, PROMOTE!
Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter
I like it, Dude! I think you might should post this in the general forum, people don't check here to often and you (we ) could get a discussion going.
Your the promoter, PROMOTE!
If the mods wish, I see good talk in here. The classes are designed to let people in and the ones who like it will stay and the ones who don't can walk away without a regret for trying.

The unlimited should and no matter what stay that way to a scale and thats IT!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 11:20 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Ummm... the only problem I see is a 10" wheelbase will fit no 1:10 bodies, you need atleast 11.5" to fit stampede bodies. Would it then have scale rules as well? Ie: reverse is automatically 5 points and rear steer is 10 points the first time but free the rest of that one section?
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:41 AM   #6
Say hello to my dactylion

UTRCRC will be having a Scale/2.2 class if people are interested. Our specs wil be:

12 1/2" Wheelbase maximum
12 1/2" total width maximum
maximum size tire will be a Masher 2000 (about 5" dia.)
We will have a box built around these specs.
Front wheel steering only.

We will run on a different or modified course from the monsters.

So far we haven't decided on any other limitations.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

That sounds good, hope you don't mind if I pinch those rules for some events here in the UK.
MUD4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:39 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat
UTRCRC will be having a Scale/2.2 class if people are interested. Our specs wil be:

12 1/2" Wheelbase maximum
12 1/2" total width maximum
maximum size tire will be a Masher 2000 (about 5" dia.)
We will have a box built around these specs.
Front wheel steering only.

We will run on a different or modified course from the monsters.

So far we haven't decided on any other limitations.
I will just set back on this, I see it coming but who know when. I like the rules, I am starting to see I don't need a biggener class.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:40 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Pinchflat, do you have motor/gearbox limitations? I know some people run maxx trannies (two motors) as opposed to the single motor trannies. I like the rule for front steering only though, makes alot of sense in a scale class.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:59 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
Pinchflat, do you have motor/gearbox limitations? I know some people run maxx trannies (two motors) as opposed to the single motor trannies. I like the rule for front steering only though, makes alot of sense in a scale class.
Remember, even though scale looking, they are doing things scale rigs would not do. 4 way steering is one of them. You take that away and the class would be stuck in it's class. If you keep the 2.2 somewhat wild than a guy who has the big ones can go play with the big trucks. They compete well back and forth with good drivers. Everbody has they're day in compitition if it is kept fun and simple.

What I am getting at is that rules aren't even there and if restricted that much I won't be running two trucks, see how easy it is to kill a class??
Old 09-22-2004, 11:17 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

What exactly is the reason/s for a scale class? That should determine what rules would make sense. For instance, if a reason for the class is the rigs looking proportionate in appearance, than a maximum tire size makes sense. Kong tires would be way too big.

My opinion on a scale class is that it would be for those who wish to run something that looks as close to "scale" as possible. Does the scale matter(1/8 or 1/10)? I wouldnt think so. My body of choice would be a Bronco which is 1/8 scale. Would a body be mandatory? I've seen some neat tubers(mid-engined, driver in front) in 4Wheeler that would look awesome scaled down.

I think Pinchflat's rules sound good.
BigSmokinGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:49 PM   #12

Quote:
No limitations on motors and gear boxes. This way people could build a crawler from any base vehicle the wish... Clod, TLT, TXT, what ever. As long as the main specs are fallowed.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmokinGun
What exactly is the reason/s for a scale class? That should determine what rules would make sense. For instance, if a reason for the class is the rigs looking proportionate in appearance, than a maximum tire size makes sense. Kong tires would be way too big.

My opinion on a scale class is that it would be for those who wish to run something that looks as close to "scale" as possible. Does the scale matter(1/8 or 1/10)? I wouldnt think so. My body of choice would be a Bronco which is 1/8 scale. Would a body be mandatory? I've seen some neat tubers(mid-engined, driver in front) in 4Wheeler that would look awesome scaled down.

I think Pinchflat's rules sound good.
In my opinion the crawlers should look as close to a scale look as possible. 1/8th or 1/10th bodys... either would be fine as long as it is scale looking. I also like the Bronco body. And yes, I think a body should be mandetory but I would consider a full tuber as having a body.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:01 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I think there are also two different interpretations to "scale"

There are "scale rigs" and then "scale crawlers." Now a rig would be like if you went fourwheeling in your jeep with a 2 in lift and 33's, its not going to be wild, but it can wheel. A crawler is going to be the all out truck with 8 in of lift, 35-39" tires and possibly hydraulic 4ws, or even a buggy. Since you are a crawling organization, I imagine it would be the latter. (EDIT: this then is kind of a basis for what the scale RC's should be able to have)

I think it would be really cool to do an intial point deduction for 4WS, so those that can't get the radio gear/money aren't necessarily hindered because they can't rear steer.

Would a rollover that doesn't land on their tires count as an DNF? That'd be a serious challenge! Maybe you could have a 1 rollover allowance per section.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:25 PM   #15

Quote:
I think there are also two different interpretations to "scale"

There are "scale rigs" and then "scale crawlers." Now a rig would be like if you went fourwheeling in your jeep with a 2 in lift and 33's, its not going to be wild, but it can wheel. A crawler is going to be the all out truck with 8 in of lift, 35-39" tires and possibly hydraulic 4ws, or even a buggy. Since you are a crawling organization, I imagine it would be the latter. (EDIT: this then is kind of a basis for what the scale RC's should be able to have)

I think it would be really cool to do an intial point deduction for 4WS, so those that can't get the radio gear/money aren't necessarily hindered because they can't rear steer.

Would a rollover that doesn't land on their tires count as an DNF? That'd be a serious challenge! Maybe you could have a 1 rollover allowance per section.
You do have a point there with the two different types. I guess our 2.2/scale class would fit somewhere in the middle.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:11 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

The 2.2 class is not really a scale class. The 2.2 class is a tire size, wheelbase and width speced class, whether it looks scale or not is really not the focus.

Peace out

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote