Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: RECON Sub-Zero Series Round One!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RECON Sub-Zero Series Round One!

OH MY! Its finally here. The inaugural RECON event. The first of six comps in our Sub-Zero series. This event will be held near Winnemucca NV at a location that we have dreamed of comping at for a very longtime now. Registration will be $5 for members, and $15 for non-members. Remember that with your $25 membership fee that your first comp is free.

Go to WWW.RECONCRAWLERS.COM for more info.
Spucknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Nice flier Stuart!

Last edited by chasinbaja; 09-30-2009 at 02:29 PM.
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Yes, great job, as always. Your getting better and better with the sublimenal "hotties". It took the family 15 mins to find her.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Brian, I cant believe how many RANGERS (12 and under) are signed up!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
TEAM RCC

Hey Brian I hope i can make it. PS wheres my shirt
bcrofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
Brian, I cant believe how many RANGERS (12 and under) are signed up!
I can't either. The 12 and under novice class has thier own course, so they can share Dad's or older brother's car. RECON, (formally BPRCA), is really excited about the family friendly changes made to the clubs format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrofts View Post
Hey Brian I hope i can make it. PS wheres my shirt
The shirts are ordered and dog tags. (See you, Sunday!)
Old 10-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrofts View Post
hey brian i hope i can make it. Ps wheres my shirt

x-2 parker
ROCKCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Wow my rig made it on the first ever RECON comp flyer, I wish I could attend the comp but I think a comp 5 weekends in a row would really be pushing my luck with my old lady, LOL!!!!! It also happens to be her B-Day that weekend so I think she would tell me LOL!!!!
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

The RECON Sub-Zero Series is RECON's local winter series. Round 1 was held in Winnemucca, Nevada. This comp was dedicated to our Winnemucca Crew. They are a devoted group of r/c crawlers that not only drive well, but their passion for our hobby is unrivaled.

Thank you, Mucca Crew, this one was for you!

The Adventure starts out on "Parker" time. For those of you not familiar with this, here is how it works: If you plan on leaving at 1300 hrs that is really 1600 hrs. So just add 3 hrs to whatever time Parker tells you.
So after leaving Reno, (on Parker Time), the drive to "Da Mucca' was beautiful. We spotted 3 does on the point of a gravel bar in the Truckee River getting an evening drink and the high desert sunset was priceless.
Arriving in Da Mucc, I actually used a pay phone, (I thought they were extinct), to call our hotel, Da Hotel "Cassay". Cassie and Tim opened their home up to all the competitors who wanted to come in a day early for the comp. The food bar included pizza, various chip and dip, nuts, and a variety of liquid refreshments, for all to indulge in until their bellies were stuffed.
Three "hardcore" members of the Sac Chapter of RECON took advantage of the hospitality, as well as three drivers from Reno. The Hotel was r/c crawler friendly equipped with a backyard r/c course and plenty of peanut butter for the "California Crawlers' to get good nights sleep.
A big "Thank You" to Tim and Cass for going above and beyond hospitality standards. This really helped out those drivers and what a great testament for the people in our hobby.
The comp location was HUGE! This area was unbelievable and the only thing that rivaled it was the driver’s enthusiasm to “DO WORK”. RECON is running 5, yes 5, courses with 10 scoring gates. Oh My! Courses were very enjoyable. A fine blend of insanity coupled with doses of madness and topped off with an adult dosage of breakage.
If you missed this comp, you missed an instant cult classic.

The introduction of the “Ranger Class” was a big success. Dads and Moms bonding on course was a moving moment. The first ever Ranger Class winner went to a ‘Rangerette”. Maddy out drove her competitors all day in a dominating fashion and to no surprise, her Mom is a two year top ten driver in the Axial West Coast Championships.

The Sport Class, (formally known as the Novice Class), got a rude wake up call for the Sub-Zero Series. Sport drivers cannot use ‘dig’ in their class, so tactical reverses need to be made and executed properly in order to clear a gate or finish courses. By the end of the day, the sport drivers had caught on and started driving well. Congratulations to an up and coming driver, Cole B. His calmness, mixed with no worries about breaking, make him a threat at any comp. Not only is this young driver talented, but he is going thru the RECON Judges training camp to learn how to judge and we all know that the Judges can drive, so look out, the uni-bomber is going to be blowin’ up courses everywhere he goes.

The RECON Pro Class is continuing to set the standards for pro drivers. Round 1 made a statement to the pro’s; drive smart or get spanked! Several pro drivers did not get out of the “sport gate” section of the courses and then realized that the rock was unique in the type of traction it offered. None the less, the pro drivers put on a heck of a show. Course 1, gate 8 was driven by a pro rookie who took the “mans line, bitch!” and what an accomplishment, since NO pro finished course 1! HOW YOU DOIN’.
Congratulations to everyone who made it to the comp. You were treated to incredible hospitality, a one of a kind comp location, and you all got to meet a Top Truck Challenger Competitor that brought out his TTC rig and gave our Ranger Winner a ride.

Adventure has a name…………R.E.C.O.N.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Parker great narrative & a great comp!
tim the toolman is offline   Reply With Quote