Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Southern CUP Showdown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #141
RCC Addict

Well, we could write the rules and then change them a few days before the comp. It is going on "elsewhere" on RCC so why not here. I better hush on that subject.

Guys, this is our FIRST ANNUAL. If we see that something don't work out and people want it a different way, then we can change it for next year. Our goal was to try to find a way to make it fair for everyone from every state and to give everyone a chance at taking home some CASH!!!! I hope we did a good job with this.

-Jason
KrawlOff-Road.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #142
RCC Addict

That is a completely vague response. Does that mean it is your intention to have the average score of up to five drivers count or the total of the top 5 drivers?

You can not run a 4 x 100 relay with less then 4 guys. Why would a 5 person team with less then 5 drivers have a chance to win.

Last edited by renoirbud; 07-14-2009 at 07:52 PM.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #143
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
That is a completely vague response. Does that mean it is your intention to have the average score of up to five drivers count or the total of the top 5 drivers?

You can not run a 4 x 100 relay with less then 4 guys. Why would a 5 person team with less then 5 drivers have a chance to win.
It was stated clearly in the first post:

Scoring will be as fallows. Each state can have as many competitors as they would like. We will take up to the top 5 scores from each state. Then, we will take the average from the top 5 to determine which state will win the "Crawler Cup"! For the finals, the top driver in the top 5 states will run a winner take all finals course. The driver with the lowest score on the finals course will be the Southern Cup Champion!! The "Crawler Cup" will go to the person with the lowest score from the winning state!!

Like it or not, that is what we came up with and that is what we are running. We feel that this will give everyone a fair chance. If there is 3 or 4 from you state or 20, the average will give you one score. Like I mentioned before, if we see that there needs to be changes, we will make them for next year. We are not going to tell you one thing and do another before the comp. WE are not like that.

-Jason
Old 07-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #144
I wanna be Dave

You never mentioned in that quote the possibility of having less than 5 drivers from a state though. So making a statement about what to do wiith less than 5 would not be changing what you have already said.

I think a decision about what to do in that case would be a good idea and would not upset anyone involved.

On a side note ... if I were a top driver, I'd claim to be from Rhode Island so I wouldn't have 4 other people's scores to drag mine down :?

Not complaining... I am excited about this comp. I know it will be a blast, but I want a bunch of people to sign up too.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #145
Quarry Creeper

Looks like some of us missouri boys are interested. We might have 5 or more........hopefully
JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #146
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Hobbies View Post
Like it or not, that is what we came up with and that is what we are running. We feel that this will give everyone a fair chance. If there is 3 or 4 from you state or 20, the average will give you one score. Like I mentioned before, if we see that there needs to be changes, we will make them for next year. We are not going to tell you one thing and do another before the comp. WE are not like that.

-Jason

This is absolutely not what I understood from your first post in this thread. You should have been way more clear on this.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #147
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
You never mentioned in that quote the possibility of having less than 5 drivers from a state though. So making a statement about what to do wiith less than 5 would not be changing what you have already said.

I think a decision about what to do in that case would be a good idea and would not upset anyone involved.

On a side note ... if I were a top driver, I'd claim to be from Rhode Island so I wouldn't have 4 other people's scores to drag mine down :?

Not complaining... I am excited about this comp. I know it will be a blast, but I want a bunch of people to sign up too.
I stand corrected! That is a good point. I hope it would not come to this. I am not saying we will change it for this year. We will talk it over but as of now, it stands as is. Sorry.

We want EVERYONE to be honest about the state they live in. Not, "Hey, I live in Alaska". If you really live in Texas. We are trying to make this comp as fair as possible.

-Jason
Old 07-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #148
RCC Addict

Fair is 5 drivers per team, not five drivers unless your state sends less.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #149
Quarry Creeper

I to think that if a state does not have five people they should get a DNS for it, because it is not right if a state has only one driver for only his score to count against the other state with five drivers.
Hillcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #150
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Hobbies View Post
I stand corrected! That is a good point. I hope it would not come to this. I am not saying we will change it for this year. We will talk it over but as of now, it stands as is. Sorry.

We want EVERYONE to be honest about the state they live in. Not, "Hey, I live in Alaska". If you really live in Texas. We are trying to make this comp as fair as possible.

-Jason
So you don't have to have 5 from your state. I could come by myself from OK. and I would be a 1 man average.
To be fair wouldn't everyone have to have 5 people.

Texas scores

OKIE score
____
10 average

Okie wins

Is that how it goes or am I miss understanding this.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #151
RCC Addict

How about two from ok and we will take home some MONEY!!!!!!
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #152
RCC Addict

I can see where this is going to be a issue. I hate to change anything before the comp once everything has been set. This might have to get changed though. This is all being taken into consideration and a rulling will be made tomorrow night. I am sorry that it has came to this but we just one this to be not like every comp out there. We want it to be one of the top comps every year! We need your help and your input. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Oh, but I think that SC is going to win anyways....

-Jason
Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #153
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF THE JET View Post
Looks like some of us missouri boys are interested. We might have 5 or more........hopefully

LOL bring it!!!

-Jason
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #154
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
How about two from ok and we will take home some MONEY!!!!!!
If they don't change it, you and me will go take the money.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #155
Pebble Pounder

it sounds as if those NC boys are either concerned about their quantity or their Quality. j/k

I didn't mean to start N E thing, I was just wondering how it would go if a state didn't have at least 5. If they don't have 5 though, they are predetermined to fail and might as well not show up.

oh btw, I am still contemplating whether I want to attend or not. I might hurt AL more than I would help (unless we don't get 5 to show and then I could only help).

playzwtrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #156
Pebble Pounder

I just read all of this about the 5 peeps per team talk. It seems only fair to give a DNS for for each person less than 5. If a State brings 15 people and another state brings 3. The state with only 3 has a better average than the one taken there best 5(Like in "Ricky's example). You just screwed a state that is bringing lots of support and drivers to your comp. and rewarding one that brought only 3. I like your top 5 average represents the states best drivers no matter if they bring five or 20. I don't feel that you are changing anything, just making it clear what would happen if a state brings less than five. They can still compete but just take there DNS.

Oh yeah, The comp. is 1 month away... How much more notice do you need? Your state needs to bring all of it's drivers. I know it has cash $$$ payouts, but it is still supposed to be fun!

Last edited by Brackett; 07-15-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Brackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #157
RCC Addict

Brain and I are trying to work out a solution to this. Should have something figured out by the end of the day. One thing that is clear and that will not change is the MONEY!! It is up for grabs. So, everyone that attends, weither they have 2 or 20 from there state, has a shot at a fat pay day at the end of the day!!! We just want to make this comp fun and fair to everyone. Hope you guys understand that and we want everyone to come back next year!!!

-Jason
Old 07-15-2009, 08:20 AM   #158
Pebble Pounder

another possible scenario would be if 2 states finish with the same course average. What will be the tiebreaker? course time average for the top 5? just wondering that too. might as well figure it all out at once.

playzwtrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #159
Rock Crawler

What if you allowed the "orphan" drivers to join states with less than 5?

I have been watching this thread and there is no way I could get 4 others from Ohio to come down. If you average 5 per state, the only way people like me would come is if we were ok with the fact there is no way to do anything other than to donate the cash to the winner? Seems kind of odd.

Hell, maybe I will just send $20 to Austin instead...

- DK
dkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #160
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkingston View Post
Hell, maybe I will just send $20 to Austin instead... - DK
That would be alot less painful.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote