RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Competitions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/)
-   -   SARCCA Last Summer Series Comp #3 at Windy Point (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/191022-sarcca-last-summer-series-comp-3-windy-point.html)

joemomma95 07-26-2009 02:47 PM

SARCCA Last Summer Series Comp #3 at Windy Point

SARCCA Last Summer Series Comp #3 at Windy Point on August 2nd

This is it guys and girls, our last summer series. We will be moving to a different format next season in order to avoid the summer heat.

We will be running points series in both 2.2's and 1.9's this season and there will be a one time buy-in of $40 for the 2.2 class and no buy-in for the 1.9 class(unless decided on by the competitors). We will be awarding prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the 2.2 class this season. Buy-in fees are due at this comp, if you plan on buying in you HAVE TO do it by August 2nd.

We'll be running both Pro and Sportsman in the 2.2 class again this season, but allowing dig in Sportsman to allow these members to prepare better if they make the jump to Pro next season.

Here we go!! Comp #3 being held at our Windy Point location. Drivers will be on courses at 7:00am SHARP. We are going to try to move things along this summer, no one wants to be out there in the heat more than necessary and this is going to take all of us working together to keep things moving. Be there at 6:30am for the drivers meeting and to get registered for the points series.

Please note: You will need to purchase a day pass, which is available at the Molino basin Campground at Mile Post 5.5 using the self-serve fee tube(being self-serve means bring exact change-$5.00). The Mt Lemmon day passes are $5 per day per vehicle.

Here is a link on the Windy Point comp location from our very own SARCCA site...

If you plan on coming out, have any concerns or questions post up in this thread or feel free to send me a PM.

Here's a few pictures from the site for anyone interested.

Here is what our schedule looks like for the rest of the season.

June 21st-Texas Canyon 7am
June 27th-Optional Comp-Hobby Town Summer hours
July 19th- Bisbee 7am
July 25th-Optional Comp-Hobby town Summer hours
August 2nd-Windy Point 7am
August 16th- Madera Canyon 7am
August 29th-Optionl Comp-Hobby Town Summer hours
August 30th-Gates Pass 7am
September 13th- Windy Point 7am
September 27th-Casa Grande 7am

This will also be posted on SARCCA.com with locations and maps.

TK-twister 07-26-2009 03:03 PM

come on Sunday

joemomma95 07-26-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-twister (Post 1911040)
come on Sunday

Ain't that the truth, I'm thinking Windy Point is my second favorite crawl spot we have next to Texas Canyon."thumbsup"

TK-twister 07-26-2009 05:48 PM

Maybe there will be some nice water traps to haunt us! Or to swim in, who knows

69mutt 07-27-2009 09:19 PM

i will be there.

jmontes_21 07-28-2009 09:06 AM

Ill be there might not have a rig to use but will be able to help judge

Erin 07-28-2009 09:50 AM

I will be there also. time to catch up...........

TK-twister 07-28-2009 12:14 PM

Any body up for headin to the top for lunch after the comp?

Flyin Hawaiian 07-28-2009 01:42 PM

I'm there. So are we throwing out the last comp. I dont think its fair to some people. Because last years winter season when i missed for my apendix coming out. No one let me throw out the comp. But now we are doing it for this season. I know some people had things do. But thats why we make a schedule. (excludes erin) he had a good reason. i planed to buy in this year but now idk.

joemomma95 07-28-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian (Post 1914357)
I'm there. So are we throwing out the last comp. I dont think its fair to some people. Because last years winter season when i missed for my apendix coming out. No one let me throw out the comp. But now we are doing it for this season. I know some people had things do. But thats why we make a schedule. (excludes erin) he had a good reason. i planed to buy in this year but now idk.

Why didn't you bring any of this up on Saturday?

Flyin Hawaiian 07-28-2009 11:05 PM

Its just been stirring in my head . Didn't know if i was going to say something or not. Me and Kurtis don't want to throw it out and Travis don't care. So i don't know what do we do now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joemomma95 (Post 1915118)
Why didn't you bring any of this up on Saturday?

Erin 07-29-2009 06:21 AM

I say we leave it, as its only the lose of 10pts, not 150 like i was originally thinking for some reason. if those of ur that lost out can't make up the 10 pts, we better start putting in more practice time........

SickVW66 07-29-2009 12:31 PM

i agree. i know im the newb but honestly to throw that last one out would put me back in 8th or 9th, and id see no reason in throwing away 40 bucks if i didnt see a possibility. not to mention seeing as how i am a newbie not like u guys cant pass me with ease anyways lol. "thumbsup"

TK-twister 07-29-2009 01:31 PM

Ok then then lets stick to it.

Flyin Hawaiian 07-29-2009 02:38 PM

Good job erin. You wont have a problem making it up.

joemomma95 07-29-2009 04:00 PM

Agreed to leave the series alone then. Can't wait til SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

SickVW66 07-29-2009 06:37 PM

bummed..... i wont have my eritex kit ready by then, o well. still look to have a blast thats for sure. drive time. drive time. drive time. drive time. gimmie more drive time lol:mrgreen:

The Weazel 08-01-2009 09:05 AM

Indoor Crawling course

Gentlemen,
First let me apologize for invading your thread. I am the Team Manager for "The Nitro Pit" in Whittman AZ and Outside sales for One Hobbies in Surprise AZ. A group of us at the track and shop have been getting into this crawling scene lately and loving it!

The reason I am coming to you is we are going to build and Inside/Climate controlled scale course and we would like to solicit all of your input. In true Nitro Pit fashion this will be a world class RC Crawling course and envision it being a destination during the summer that all of you would like to come to as part of your series.

Right now we are planning real rock and dirt with logs, river rock crossings ect...... The goal is to have the feel of outdoors. We do have a large area for this in our werehouse.

This course will be completed by the end of August. I was planning to come to windy point tomorrow, but we have our 2nd round of nitro summer series tonite and with you being 3 hrs away and starting at 7am that will be an issue, But I will come to Madera on the 16th of August.

We would very much like your input on this project. Please feel free to PM or call me direct.

Jeff Freeman

joemomma95 08-01-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Weazel (Post 1920882)
Gentlemen,

And then....

The Weazel 08-01-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joemomma95 (Post 1920883)
And then....

Sorry, hit wrong key.