Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Pacific North West RC Crawling Series???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
RSI
Rock Crawler

Default Pacific North West RC Crawling Series???

I was thinking next year after allot of planning we could hold a series for all the Washington, Oregon, and California guys. Say 5-10 events spread out threw California, Oregon, and Washington. Points standings, and at the end top 3 get a trophy or plaque??? If we can get enough interest it would be cool to hold this series yearly and maybe have it run threw out a hole year with many more events... kinda like UROC or CalROC????

So basicly I'm asking all you Cali, Oregon, and Washington.... and any other nereby states with people who wanna come...... guys to post if your interested about getting a yearly series started up by next year....

Ryan
RSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2004, 04:50 PM   #2
RSI
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pacific North West RC Crawling Series???

no 1 is intereste in getting this started??? allot of guys in rcjimsplace are so theirs a crowd being made

ryan
Old 10-05-2004, 06:05 PM   #3
RSI
Rock Crawler

visit this link for pics of the meeting place ont the 26th and for more discussion on the topic...

http://www.rcjimsplace.com/invision/...t=0#entry93971

ryan
Old 10-05-2004, 06:13 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

sounds cool. the only thing is i the oregan guys may try to turn my crawler into a boat.

we have a cool spot im seacape with giant rocks right on the beach. we would be glad to have you.
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:32 PM   #5
RSI
Rock Crawler

sweet, can we get some pics of it so we can agree on going... and you can help us plan to if you want anyone is open to help planning or just give ideas

ryan
Old 10-05-2004, 08:26 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

here are a few pics we are having a comp on the 16th so ill get more pics then.

http://themirrorpool.com/RC/crawlShow/
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:35 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

RSI,

I know you are hoping that people jump onto this PNW crawling series thing... but, man.. you have yet to even show that you can crawl or have crawled other than your backyard(and that was about 2-3 pics).

I don't want to come down harsh on you but you should really try to focus on a Washington group before attempting to to tackle a PNW size event line up. Putting on a small competition is very demanding! The planning, course setup, scoring and then thinking about even competiting gets over whelming. Not to mention all the BS that goes on when some people get unhappy with the way things went and you have to problem solve the situation.

From my experience with you(only over the net) you don't seem like you actually have the necessary means to make it to a event or even to put one on. You'll have to prove yourself before ANY Oregon crawler shows up to an event.

If you really think you have what it takes to organize a masive event like this then go for it... all the power to ya. Find a location that has stuff for everyone, reasonable facilities for parking, bathrooms, power(if autos are too far away) and locate local lodging if needed.

The main problem is that you have no other serious crawler rigs to compare to.... You might think an area is impassable or way to tough but if we show up and spank it like it was nothing, we'll think that we could have stayed at home and ran the numerous locations local to us that we have trouble at.

Please calm down and fixate your mind on locating people in your local area(WA) and build up a crawling group before trying to tackle this PNW thing. Go to all the LHS in your area or if there are none, drive to all of the hobby shops that are in a 75-100 mile radius of you. Make fliers talking about wanting to start a group, etc.

Baby steps man, baby steps.....

I want a list of all the LHS in a 75-100 mile radius of you by tomorrow.

BTW..... We, ORCRC, have yet to even plan our next comp(last comp of the year) since the last one went badly.... no need to bring it up but it has slowed down our excitement for holding comps. Dealing with unhappy people takes a lot out of the enjoyment & excitement of a competition.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #8
RSI
Rock Crawler

brian i like the looks of your area it is a definate possibility....

toyo not to be an ass either but come up here before you bash my truck, driver skills, and crawlin locations... :?

ryan
Old 10-05-2004, 10:13 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI
toyo not to be an ass either but come up here before you bash my truck, driver skills, and crawlin locations... :?
I'm not trying ot bash your truck, driving skill or locations but you have too much excitement for starting a huge event when you have yet to hold a small event OR crawl with anyone else local to you.

Crawling alone can be fun and challenging but you toss in 15-17 trucks and things change fast.

Just please start a local group before you attempt a huge thing like this. Seriously.. even the small events take a lot of effort. You start a local thing, post lots of pictures of people crawling and having fun... then perhaps you'll see Oregon people showing up. Because as it sits right now if 5 of the Oregon people drove up to your area there would be like 6 people in total crawling. Maybe 7 if DUDE shows up...

I can just tell you right now that I have NO plans to drive up to WA to crawl with 1-2 people... there would have to be a guarantee of at least 7-10 WA folks before I'll commit to driving up there. Figure it's a 3 hour trip for me to get to you or DUDE, add an extra hour for our guys that live in Salem..... that's a lot of driving to get to some place to crawl with people that we have never seen crawl, be it from pictures or from videos here on the net.

Like I've said before... You'll have to prove that you can organize a local group before anyone from Oregon will commit to hualing their butts 3+ hours to crawl.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:20 PM   #10
RSI
Rock Crawler

its 3 hours for me to get done there to so ya.....?

go to rcjims i posted pics of all kindsa stuff

ryan
Old 10-06-2004, 04:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI
its 3 hours for me to get done there to so ya.....?

go to rcjims i posted pics of all kindsa stuff

ryan
Ryan, I don't want to piss you off, but you have too much compitionion in what you are trying to do. I have a very big head start.

Toyo yes you are right in what you said to Ryan.

Rayan, read this untill you understand, if you don't, you will fail

Thanks D
theDude is offline   Reply With Quote