Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: August 23rd, Comp in Santa Rosa, CA (NorthBay)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #101
Pebble Pounder

Good deal Jake! Sorry I couldn't make it to watch. When are you planning on having another comp?
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Ok, finally caught up enough today to write something up!

Wow! What a great Comp! Big thanks to NBRCC for teaming up on this one

I think the 10 gate deal worked out very well. I personally enjoyed the courses, both judging, watching and driving them. It was awesome watching you guys tackle those courses, I think everyone was challenged by them. (Fernando, it's time for some set-up changes, and I'm finding you a dig unit!!)

Peter gets a big atta-boy for the course layouts! Charlie too! It always keeps us scratching our heads while looking at the rocks trying to come up with something new for you guys! I think the gates were progressive enough and the courses flowed very well.

Let's see, some highlights for the day that stand out??

Bryan stepping up and taking a win! Congrats, nice driving!

Dean Hall's MOA Losi hybrid taking a 4th, first time on the rocks!

Justin (J-Fab) taking 2nd!!! The guy's doing awesome lately!

Having traveling guys come in and enjoy the day with us, thanks to those who made the trip!

Local guys stepping up their games and doing very well. And to those still working the bugs out and learning the rope, man everyone just had a good time yesterday!

"Under the 101" is just plain ol a great spot to crawl ... Man, I enjoy that place!

Keep the feedback coming guys ... Stop by the shop to chat, shoot me an e-mail, or post up. I like to learn and make things better for the next one!

Oh yeah, how could I forget .... THANK YOU judges and score keepers!!!!! Charlie, Jacques (who didn't run in the comp, but hung out working it all day!!), Dave, Dean, Peter, Mike, Dan and everyone else who helped out!!! You guys did a great job!!!

Click here for photos and report

Last edited by JPH Racing; 08-24-2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: forgot something
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Peter and Charlie's course lay-outs were the best I've crawled on all year.
Progressively tougher but doable.
Fit the 6 minute time perfectly.
Tricky gate turns and lots of zig-zagging for the next gate.
Excellent job guys.

My first course (#1) I finished with 2 minutes to spare. I could have taken more time to miss the two gates I hit but I was afraid of spending too much time negotiating. My next course was #3 and I tried to take more time only to end up at gate 10 with little time left and gate 10 was tough.
Course 2 was going good for me until I zipped a gear and was done for the day.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Earlier i patted Jake on the back for the course design, but i now see Peter and Chuckles deserve credit, so good job. Also congrats to Bryan for the win.
TS7867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Ha, I don't think I deserve much credit, I sorta just stood around agreeing.... But I'll Take It! Not gonna lie, I went early to try to get a good long look at the courses, but not finishing a single one, it obviously didn't pay off.... :(

Have to agree though, the Progressive stuff is a hoot, just when you think you've got the course wired, it starts to toughen up bit by bit, and keeping track of "where" the next gate is going to be is tough.

I figured I'd at least finish the course I judged..... but NOPE, spent too much time on that break over gate 6! Stupid Gate Six.... Hate You.... I will got back and destroy that rock.

I think my highlight of the day was watching Mr. Performance finish some courses and wind up 5th! If he'd go out and run that rig once in awhile....... who knows!

Bryan was super dialed, truck works really well, and he drives clean, and pulls in the hotties..... Ya'll that left early missed it...

J-Fab and his home-made Bergerbug thing of his is getting pretty impressive.

The Smoking Truck/Plug was also Uber Sweet.

Deans Losi-A was dialed, even made him look good! sorry buddy.

Getting told the Last and First game is annoying..... Mixed emotions on that one.....

I thought there were a ton of super helpful spotters that did a good job of assisting the new guys and "maximizing" their rigs.

Can we have another comp there again Soon! I say YES! The Redemption Under the One Oh One!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #106
RCC Addict

damn, looks like I missed a fun time. Congrats to all the winners
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #107
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB_117 View Post
damn, looks like I missed a fun time. Congrats to all the winners
Ya same here keep up the good work guys!
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote