Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: TGRC Grand Nationals Coming Up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #21

Can I use my new crawler or do I have to use my rig I qualified with?
wranglercheroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
Oliver Custom Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglercheroke View Post
Can I use my new crawler or do I have to use my rig I qualified with?
Guys build new rigs all the time , I would think you can run it as long as it passes tech insp.

Looking forward to meeting you guys
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Results?
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Question

How about pics??
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #25

Default Turned off to the rc crawling all together!

:-(:-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTTG View Post
The TGRC/W.E.Rock Grand Nationals are coming up!

:-(:-( I was looking forward to goin to Farmington, it was last event of the season. This year I was fortunate to be a part of a 1:1 team and was just getting into the 2.2 crawlers. I went to every comp and slowly bettered my rig and really got into it. I saw this flyer and thought that it was badass with my rig on it and was stoked to go there and try for the money. Then my junk failed and I had to borrow someone elses, which was ok I was used to runnin it. ANY WAY I showed got the promod car ready then teched in with m y borrowed rc. Then as the day went on I went to the rc course when I could I ran one course and ****ed up a battery and didn't well at all. Later on around three thirty closer to four I came back to run the rest and I WAS A LITTLE IRRITATED WHEN I SEEN PLAQUES AND CHECKS BEING HANDED OUT, WHEN THE DAMN FLYER SAID ALL COURSES MUST BE COMPLETED BY FIVE!!! Since this event I have no ambition to ever compete or run an crawler again. This has really left a bad taste in my mouth and I lost a lot of respect for the trail gear represenatives.:-(
wranglercheroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglercheroke View Post
I WAS A LITTLE IRRITATED WHEN I SEEN PLAQUES AND CHECKS BEING HANDED OUT, WHEN THE DAMN FLYER SAID ALL COURSES MUST BE COMPLETED BY FIVE!!! Since this event I have no ambition to ever compete or run an crawler again. This has really left a bad taste in my mouth and I lost a lot of respect for the trail gear represenatives.:-(
No doubt the event could have been organized a little better, I was under the impression that it was 3 courses then a finals course. But the last course turned out to be a jack-pot run instead. What really bugged me was how the organizers STRESSED that NO ONE was given line advise then I witnessed the head organizer giving detailed gate by gate instructions to one of his buddies. Also, a few of us even got shewed off a course for trying an "impossible gate" after all but a few W.E. rock competitors (who weren't around at the time) had finished for the day. Which even if they knew the line they would need a 13" WB and 4" GC to clear the gate. Long story short, its OK to be irritated at the organization of this comp but DON'T stop crawling because of it. Trust me the PARC guys in your area are great guys to hang out with and better your skills as a rc crawler.

Rant-off
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
No doubt the event could have been organized a little better, I was under the impression that it was 3 courses then a finals course. But the last course turned out to be a jack-pot run instead. What really bugged me was how the organizers STRESSED that NO ONE was given line advise then I witnessed the head organizer giving detailed gate by gate instructions to one of his buddies.
that was Matt Messer and his scores did not count @ comp
Also, a few of us even got shewed off a course for trying an "impossible gate" after all but a few W.E. rock competitors (who weren't around at the time) had finished for the day. Which even if they knew the line they would need a 13" WB and 4" GC to clear the gate.
if you found line that worked all people had not run all courses yet, they might of been given advantage

Long story short, its OK to be irritated at the organization of this comp but DON'T stop crawling because of it. Trust me the PARC guys in your area are great guys to hang out with and better your skills as a rc crawler.

Rant-off
Dont let this stop you from crawling, this is suppoesed to be fun!!!!!

Last edited by BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE; 10-14-2009 at 01:40 PM.
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
Trust me the PARC guys in your area are great guys to hang out with and better your skills as a rc crawler.

Rant-off
yes, we kick a$$!!
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote