Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: CCRC Folsom Lake Comp 4th Round, Sept.20th, 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Thank you, CCRC. Driving in your '09 Summer Series has been an honor. Not to mention unforgetable and wet and "oh my, is that poison oak?" and bar stool standing and it's Fall in Cali ohh my it's HOT...is that at bikini clad girl riding bare back down the beach, with me at the reins....CONE, DRIVER ahhhh forgot I was on course, do it all over again, adventure.

This series contained several firsts for me. Round one was the first time I had ever used an umbrella...to cover my rig while waiting to drive. Round one was also the first time I used a condem...to wrap my esc with.

Round 2 was the first time in 6 years that I came home from a trip with poison oak. Thanks for reminding me...it itches and no matter how careful I am, the poison oak always finds a location a little (no reference intended) further south on my body than I like.

Round 3 was the first time I have ever heard "run a mach 1, stand on the bar stool, (huh?), watch your head, (oh my), and drive your truck towards you and DO WORK! HOW YOU DOIN'? Yes, rnd 3 was my first indoor comp on an indoor course that could have been located in Anywhere Outdoors, USA. The thought and hardwork that went into building the courses was amazing.

Round 4, The Finals, after all the humidity forced sweat, well it could have been caused by the bikini laden girl riding bareback down the beach, was the first time I have ever won an over all championship. It still has not sunk in yet. The talent pool in your series ran deep all season long, but the "Fun Factor" was off the chart. Combine all the fun with all the great drivers and what you get is a successful summer series.

I would like to thank everyone at CCRC that judged, score kept, set courses, cooked, and made every driver feel like they were a home in their own backyard. A huge Thank You goes out to Axialracing.com for their support, not only to me, but to all the drivers that depend on Axial's comp proven products to "do work" all the way to the podium. Especially the BC AXIAL SWX Chassis. A special thanks to Super Dave. The Super 300 CVDs have laughed at everything I threw at them.

A HUGE thanks to all that competed in this series. Whether you drove Novice or Pro, if it wasn't for you, the driver, great series like these across the country, would not take place. Keep it up, drive smart, and I look forward to more comp time with ya'll.

A championship victory is cool, but the friends that I have met through out this series is what will last a life time and out shine any win in my book, anyday!

Parker
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #82
RCC Addict

It would not have been the same without you there Parker, You are one hell of a guy and will help any one out that is in need, All I can say is I am glad to have been able to run some comps with you and look forward to running at comps with you in the future, like the next couple of weekends, LOL!!!
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote