Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be coming out to Event #3?
Yes. Badger was a pushover at the last event, so I am ready this time 7 53.85%
Maybe. I have this great idea that will beat everyone. I just have to start it. 3 23.08%
No. My parts won't be in on time.... or some other lame excuse like that. 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Nor-Cal 2005 - Rock Crawling Competition, Event #3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2005, 05:00 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

I went to the Niles canyon area and walked my dog with camera in hand.. The rocks I remeber being there must be under water.. There is alot of water rushing through and I couldnt find anything to take a pic of.. Tons of leaves and mud.. I dont see anything happening there anytime soon.. maybe in the summer..
skipstr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2005, 06:08 PM   #42
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Well thanks for checking it out!

I guess we will be having it at Hyde Park unless anyone else has a better idea.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:52 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Hyde is fine with me. If it rains, which is in the forecast, maybe we gather up junk from our houses and meet in a parking garage. Gather up stuff like rocks, 2x4s, pottery, brake drums, whatever, and make a man made course. Though it aint rocks or realistic, at least we can have fun in a get together AND stay dry

Thanks for the offers of help RckJeep. I have all the parts I need except servo arms. I need to hit the store and get some good arms.

Although I resigned from my job, I have 2 weeks left (12 dec is last day). I quit because I found a job right down the street from my house which I hope will be a good move. The cool news is that if the FDA auditors go to my old work, they might contract me in at a hefty price for my brain power .

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
Hyde is fine with me. If it rains, which is in the forecast,
Have you not crawled at Hyde Park in the rain? It's a lot of fun because the added challenge of the wet rocks. That is when you wish you had 7 cells instead of 6.

Just wear something that is confortable to be damp in or wear a rain coat.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:52 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

[QUOTE=SlinkySam]Hyde is fine with me. If it rains, which is in the forecast, maybe we gather up junk from our houses and meet in a parking garage. Gather up stuff like rocks, 2x4s, pottery, brake drums, whatever, and make a man made course. Though it aint rocks or realistic, at least we can have fun in a get together AND stay dry

I love it, a "r/c rock crawl'n parking garage pot luck!"
Anything just to go crawl'n, huh?

Wish I could make this comp, but currently working the weekends,
even if it was in a parking garage.

On a down side, I tried a man made course and my crawler was moving 8x16 concrete blocks around, can't be changing the course that much in a comp.
Still love the idea though, just may need extra chaulk.
HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:09 PM   #46

Congrats on your new job Sam. I'd love to work down the street from where I live. Although, I can't really complain. My commute is usually about 25 minutes. Some people I work with have commutes of over an hour. Hyde Park in the rain sounds fun. I need to weatherproof my electronics. Right now, weather.com says it'll be sunny in San Carlos. But I suppose we'll find out for sure on Saturday morning.
Chris
busboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

This is the weather report for Concord I do not think San Carlos will be much different.

Thursday night: Windy with a steady rain this evening. Showers continuing overnight. Low 42F. SSW winds at 15 to 25 mph, diminishing to 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
Friday: Partly cloudy. High 58F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday night: A mostly clear sky. Low 37F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday: Mainly sunny. High 58F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday (24 hours): Mainly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the mid 30s.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #48

Here is the REAL weather report for San Carlos.

Thursday night: Sunny - Low 65F. SSW winds at .5 to 2.5 mph, diminishing to 0 mph. Chance of rain next year.
Friday: Sunny. High 80F. Winds WNW at .5 to 1.0 mph.
Friday night: Sunny, A mostly clear sky. Low 65F. Winds SW at .5 to 1.0 mph.
Saturday: Sunny, its always ****ing sunny here. High 68F. Winds WNW at .5 to 1.0 mph.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
Here is the REAL weather report for San Carlos.

Thursday night: Sunny - Low 65F. SSW winds at .5 to 2.5 mph, diminishing to 0 mph. Chance of rain next year.
Friday: Sunny. High 80F. Winds WNW at .5 to 1.0 mph.
Friday night: Sunny, A mostly clear sky. Low 65F. Winds SW at .5 to 1.0 mph.
Saturday: Sunny, its always ****ing sunny here. High 68F. Winds WNW at .5 to 1.0 mph.
I have a feeling you made that weather report up I just cut and pasted mine from AOL. You know I am not that wordy
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:22 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY
I have a feeling you made that weather report up I just cut and pasted mine from AOL. You know I am not that wordy
You caught me!
Old 12-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #51

Hey guys, I was thinking about coming out to this event. I looked at the directions and was kinda puzzled. I have only lived in the bay area for a year or so and I dont really know that area well. Whats the best way to get there from east bay. I would be starting out at the 580/680 interchange. If anybody can help me out that would be great.
Rockwag91
Rockwag91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwag91
Hey guys, I was thinking about coming out to this event. I looked at the directions and was kinda puzzled. I have only lived in the bay area for a year or so and I dont really know that area well. Whats the best way to get there from east bay. I would be starting out at the 580/680 interchange. If anybody can help me out that would be great.
Rockwag91
I just sent you a PM with my cell # in it, give me a call and I will explain.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

i dont know if im going to go because its a long drive and my brother isnt going to go. I also brew a lathe motor and my new one still hasnt come in. so if i decide to pull off the other lathe motor off my brothers rig. its also a really long drive for me to get up there over and hour and a half. Im also want to sleep in because i have been at the acadamy the whole last week. I will see if i decide to show up.
rockcrawler_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #54

Hi Guys. I had a great time this afternoon. Too bad about Hyde Park. I'm looking forward to the next meet!
Chris
busboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Nice meeting and crawling with everone today. Here are some pics from the event.

BLK6.0HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:45 PM   #56
Im Brandon

Awesome!! One of these days I need to make it out to a comp, im just so damn busy with school and work :(
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:49 PM   #57
Oppan Gangnam Style

what a bummer about san carlos but stevens creek was fun! badger, you are right, i do need a winch. hmmm.... will a warn fit on my cruiser?
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Another thanks to everyone that made it out. Sucks that we got kicked out by the "PoPo" as Badger called him (although he did have several other names for the cop). I still can't believe we got kicked out of there. I mean, we were gathering in a sewer doing non-destructive and quiet fun. How far do we have to pull ourselves away from society for people to not care? Lame.

Anyway, the important part is we successfully made a run over to Steven's Creek Dam. Even though it was bitter cold, Steve made me feel like a ***** as I had a sweatshirt on and he was just fine with a Hanes T-shirt on. It was so cold it shriveled Badger to nothing.

Although we were only able to run one course (because of how cold it was), it was an awesome course. It had a lot of variety rolled into it. The drop in was brutal, flipping pretty much everyone. The tight corners with under cuts catching the tops of tires were tough with a touch of unnerving sidehills puckered up most drivers. The most treacherous though was that of the final climb out the top of the course. With a trench at the base of the double wammy slick hill, it was impossible for anyone to climb graciously. By far, that was a definite challenge, though it was surprisingly doable since I thought at the beginning to be impossible.

Truly a fun course. Thanks for good times. I even had fun after I broke my front suspension flipping off the top of the upper waterfall. I lost 2 out of 4 links on that flip. It was funny to watch my rig still work using the front driveshaft as one of the controlling links.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
Even though it was bitter cold, Steve made me feel like a ***** as I had a sweatshirt on and he was just fine with a Hanes T-shirt on. It was so cold it shriveled Badger to nothing.
I had fun yesterday, except for that ****ing prick popo.

I had to pee again on the drive home but had to wait until after I took a hot shower to find "it". It was weird, once I put hot water on "it", "it" poped back out like the automatic turkey thermometers.

Did anyone see my comp bag with the chalk and tennis balls? We could not find it at the end of the day. I'm hoping one of you guys took it homo by accident.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:20 PM   #60

Here are the comp results:

2.2 Class course #1

1st: Sam.......6 (Tuber)
2nd: Rob.......45 (Nylint)
3rd: Steve ....50 (RBX)
4th: Badger ..55 (Bruiser)
5th: Randy ...72 (RBX)
6th: Dean .....80 (Bruiser)

Unlimited Class course #1

1st: Badger ....41 (Clod, NN)
2nd: Jason .....42 (Clod, stick)
3rd: Chris .......95
DNF: Randy.... (TXT)

Last edited by badger; 12-04-2005 at 11:46 PM.