Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you be coming out to Event #3?
Yes. Badger was a pushover at the last event, so I am ready this time 7 53.85%
Maybe. I have this great idea that will beat everyone. I just have to start it. 3 23.08%
No. My parts won't be in on time.... or some other lame excuse like that. 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Nor-Cal 2005 - Rock Crawling Competition, Event #3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipstr71
Looks like you guys had a blast. I cant belive the po-po had issues with ya'll being there..

Well I dont know where to put this.. but this is where most of the bay area guys are at.. So I would like to make a suggestion for a place that maybe just one of you have been to.. Now this may sound way gay, but I awoke up one morning to bay area back roads.. and they were at this place in Berkely that just looked sick. So I took my date that night there and it was the SH!T..! Its a park and monument called Indian rock.. It is the most beuatifull veiw of SF and the bay.. but it is also a BIG rock.. and its that coarse kinda rock that would give you unlimited traction.. Its an awsome place to visit and watch the sun go down but I know there is hours of sick a$$ crawling there.. I think that someone in that area should go there, check it out and take some pics.. maybe even your rig.. I have a lot going on, but I will try to make it out there very soon.. Its a 35-40 min ride from Fremont.. but I can gaurntee its worth it...

here is the city site on it.. boring but you may get a picture of what I am talking about.. Also its totaly legit to be there even with an RC...!

http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/coolthi...nRockPark.html

Map on how to get there..
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFC...%A0Map=Get+Map

http://www.historicberkeley.com/indr1.jpg

http://www.historicberkeley.com/indr.jpg

Thanks for letting us know about it I will be there this week end and check it out I will bring my camera and post pictures. Again thanks!
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2005, 12:29 PM   #82
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Also its totaly legit to be there even with an RC...!
I am curious if it is legal to play/climb on the rocks since it is a state park. It seems to me like they would have some rule that says it would be a no no.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #83
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY
Thanks for letting us know about it I will be there this week end and check it out I will bring my camera and post pictures. Again thanks!
What day are you going to try and go there? I was going to go play around at rock city on sat, but would like to check that place out too.
BLK6.0HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK6.0HD
What day are you going to try and go there? I was going to go play around at rock city on sat, but would like to check that place out too.

Just how far do you live from there..?

All I know is that I would bet that it would be one of the sickest spots we could have in the area.. and the back drop would be worth the drive anyways.. Its that good and the spot is that sick..!!!
skipstr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #85
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Just how far do you live from there..?

All I know is that I would bet that it would be one of the sickest spots we could have in the area.. and the back drop would be worth the drive anyways.. Its that good and the spot is that sick..!!!
Im up in fairfield, so maybe 30min. As long as its not raining, i will go check it out and get some pics..
Old 12-07-2005, 04:59 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
I am curious if it is legal to play/climb on the rocks since it is a state park. It seems to me like they would have some rule that says it would be a no no.

My uncle John is a cop up there.. I asked him and he said its not an issue.. They only kick out the kids that are drinking up there, and then it closes at 8 or 9 I belive..

There is a lot of trafic there, but I went the day that the place aired on TV so that may be why..
Old 12-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I was thinking sunday. I want to go carpet racing on saturday in stockton. Do you want to link up on sunday?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I was thinking sunday. I want to go carpet racing on saturday in stockton. Do you want to link up on sunday?
Yeah sunday sounds good.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yeah sunday sounds good.
What time id good for you?

I will bring my 1969 Mustang if you bring your 72 Nova? Wish my 71 ElCamino SS 454 was running well that is Jan and Feb.'s work

Last edited by RandyatBBY; 12-07-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Now that sucks! I drive from beyond hear all the time to run with you! This is only 30 minutes from Walnut Creek. For a change some place close to me. It looks great and no cop hassel. Drive a gas saver or car pool.
You think were we play is close to me? it takes me an hour and a half to drive up to play in san carlos! Just like i thought you driving all the way down to hollister hills was little to far and agreed with you but its only 30 min away from me and it would be nice for everyone to come down there but i understand that you cant make it. Whats even harder for me is that right now i dont have a job just a ton of school work!! And even worse is that i dont have a little commuter car that get 40 mpg like you do. The only way i could make an event like that is if i hitched a ride with someone but you also have the same capabilaties to do that on your way down here. To bad there isnt more places easyly accesable for all of us!
rockcrawler_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:03 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

101... Where is San Jaun Batiesta..? is that south of Holister..? Wemight be able to work something out.. How about you would come half way..?

Also I wasnt talking about anything any time soon, I was just hoping that "in the future" we could hit that spot up.. Its a drive for everyone, but at least your not in Iowa..... hahaha
Old 12-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

san juan is basicly the same distance down as hollister just closer to 101. Yeah at least im not in iowa! if i was able to go half way with someone and get a ride then yeah i would go but its two hours from my place to up there. Yeah and sometime in the future would be fun but i think im going to have to quit doing comps after i get a job. (no weekends off for new cops) but i might still be able to go out there if i dont sleep at all
Old 12-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcrawler_101
san juan is basicly the same distance down as hollister just closer to 101. Yeah at least im not in iowa! if i was able to go half way with someone and get a ride then yeah i would go but its two hours from my place to up there. Yeah and sometime in the future would be fun but i think im going to have to quit doing comps after i get a job. (no weekends off for new cops) but i might still be able to go out there if i dont sleep at all

Ok cool.. Well I would be more than happy to get you the second half.. Just LMK when the time comes around..
Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcrawler_101
You think were we play is close to me? it takes me an hour and a half to drive up to play in san carlos! Just like i thought you driving all the way down to hollister hills was little to far and agreed with you but its only 30 min away from me and it would be nice for everyone to come down there but i understand that you cant make it. Whats even harder for me is that right now i dont have a job just a ton of school work!! And even worse is that i dont have a little commuter car that get 40 mpg like you do. The only way i could make an event like that is if i hitched a ride with someone but you also have the same capabilaties to do that on your way down here. To bad there isnt more places easyly accesable for all of us!
I must apolige. I did not know it was so farr away. I thought it was some whare in San Jose. But skipstr71 has a solve for you. thats cool a lot of hours on the road though. And that little red Honda is my wifes and it was the first time sence I put a motor in it, that I have been allowed to drive it in a year! It is so smooth and fast that if I drove it all the time I would have a bunch of tickets! You hardly feel the 90MPH.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:57 PM   #95
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
What time id good for you?

I will bring my 1969 Mustang if you bring your 72 Nova? Wish my 71 ElCamino SS 454 was running well that is Jan and Feb.'s work
How does 10 or 11 sound. It would be a long ride down in my nova with 4.10's, 30'' slicks and a 5 gallon cell wont get me to far either. The motor also needs gone through, after 3 years of hard bottle use.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:18 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
How does 10 or 11 sound. It would be a long ride down in my nova with 4.10's, 30'' slicks and a 5 gallon cell wont get me to far either. The motor also needs gone through, after 3 years of hard bottle use.
11 sounds fine with me. I juess you have a point on the nova . My mustand is real sudate 302 auto and so on. What will you be driving and do you have a cell phone?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:31 PM   #97
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
11 sounds fine with me. I juess you have a point on the nova . My mustand is real sudate 302 auto and so on. What will you be driving and do you have a cell phone?
I will be driving the same silver jeep i was driving at san carlos last weekend. Cell is dead, but i will have a new one by the weekend. I will pm you my#.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I must apolige. I did not know it was so farr away. I thought it was some whare in San Jose. But skipstr71 has a solve for you. thats cool a lot of hours on the road though. And that little red Honda is my wifes and it was the first time sence I put a motor in it, that I have been allowed to drive it in a year! It is so smooth and fast that if I drove it all the time I would have a bunch of tickets! You hardly feel the 90MPH.
LOL yeah small cars can go fast and you dont even know it! Apoligy accepted. Im sure we will go play up there one of these times.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:47 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I will be driving the same silver jeep i was driving at san carlos last weekend. Cell is dead, but i will have a new one by the weekend. I will pm you my#.
Cool I rember that rig, I liked the wheels.

I guess no objected to me putting a winch on my RBX, with the added rear stear I think I can go anywhare. :-)
Old 12-08-2005, 11:32 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

if i get sick of reviewing for my finals ill try to shoot up there. That looks like a sick spot, nice find.
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote