Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: ORCRC 1st Crawling Comp..PICS!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2004, 06:35 PM   #21

Default Re: ORCRC 1st Crawling Comp..PICS!!

WHAT A GREAT DAY OF CRAWLING, CANT WAIT TO SEE ALL THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!CANT WAIT TILL NEXT TIME.....
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2004, 10:03 PM   #22

what road is that in the background of most pics, I-205? or mcglouflin? and how did the custom emaxx do? im building one like it and wanted to know wish i could have been there looks like a lot of fun lemme know when the next one is
snowmobiler21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:06 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Awesome Pics guys.. This is not helping me.. Now I REALLY just wanna buy that damn RC truck already!
Scott
PoRiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:45 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmobiler21
what road is that in the background of most pics, I-205? or mcglouflin? and how did the custom emaxx do? im building one like it and wanted to know wish i could have been there looks like a lot of fun lemme know when the next one is

Well the entrance to the park is on 82nd drive, just before you get to the DMV...across the street from a tire shop. The bridge in the background is I-205. You can see the rocks from I-205 South.

I think that if your crawler can crawl some of the hard lines at High Rocks then it'll be a good crawler. The first gate on course #1 was nearly impossible..to some Only 3 rigs actually made it up, Ryan's 8x8 TLT, My Juggy and Dan's X-Factor Hybrid.

I'm thinking that mid-late May we should have another Comp at High Rocks....or if we can find something else I'm all for it. Maybe a camping/RC crawling comp over in the Bend area as there's plenty of crawling spots over there
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:12 PM   #25

ALL THE PICS LOOK GREAT , GLAD I WAS APART OF IT AND DIDNT COME IN LAST ON POINTS, MY FIRST COMPETITION ....HAD A BLAST..... GOOD IDEA ABOUT CAMPING IN BEND FOR COMP..LOOK FORWARD TO IT 8O 8O
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:53 PM   #26

thanks for all the help i think that a bend area comp. would be graet cause i live there. hope i can get my maxx crawler done by then. The lava flows would be great for a crawler comp, rocks might be a little sharp though

hey toyofast do u ever go to the track at aerosport hobby?
Old 04-17-2004, 02:00 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
thanks for all the help i think that a bend area comp. would be graet cause i live there. hope i can get my maxx crawler done by then. The lava flows would be great for a crawler comp, rocks might be a little sharp though
Speaking of a Bend area comp... I'll be at the Powell Butte Rock Comp on May 14th-16th. I'll be watching the rigs and showing off my little crawler... I'm trying to get more people to come, hell, you live close enough! Pics of the area. Should be good watching and good crawling too.

Quote:
hey toyofast do u ever go to the track at aerosport hobby?
No.. they don't stock anything for a Tamiya RC and I'll have to say that they are kind of a bunch of jack-azzes in there, IMO of course :P Might be a good place to race during the summer but the rest of the year that shop is like a dead zone... walk in there and ya hear crickets
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:35 PM   #28

looks cool i'll probabaly be there. i know a guy that does a lot of 1:1 crawling so i might go. if my car is done by then ill bring it too